Just returned from the fifth annual ski trip with friends and family at the grand summit.First the pluses, the staff at the front desk had some new faces and were friendly unlike the past few years. The ski in ski out is the best as well as the outdoor heated pool. Now for the negative , the rooms are old and dated, the bathrooms are tiny. But by far the worst thing about the place is the restaurant every year including this year ,even with the new chef and the new women who manages the place. The breakfast buffet is free because you could never charge money for what they served . Dinner the kids had pizza, this was not bad ,I on the other hand ordered the iceberg wedge salad topped with steak tips medium on the beef please. My friend ordered the same . After a long wait they arrived steak tips looked like they were prepped hours earlier and came from the fridge cold and beyond well done , no biggie , I dig into the blue cheese smothered iceberg lettuce and think hmmm what an odd taste to this so I take another bite , it can't be ....so after the third bite it dawns on me , my iceberg lettuce was actually a wedge of cabbage , yes cabbage. My friend had the same thing after a fit of laughing I think wow how sad is this and who in that kitchen actually prepared this , anyone with kitchen knowledge who is supervised by a chef knows the difference from iceberg to cabbage . The waiter who was a bit clueless as to what I was complaining about does not do the normal thing and take it back to have the proper salad made,he leaves it in front of me for 20 minutes I then ask to speak to the young lady who manages the place and ask if he told her , of course he did not . More time goes by ,he comes back and tells me that she took the salads off the bill . The manager Never came over to see what she could do to make it right maybe try bringing me the right salad?
Lets sum this up this place located where it is could be charging top dollar they could get top dollar with some upgrading and some real talent on the restaurant side one would pay for the other .
I will not be coming back, next trip in a couple weeks my family will be going to the mountain club on loon , where I will be paying more , I will be paying for an amazing buffet breakfast 18 bucks to be exact and the restaurant and its staff are all on point. I suggest you folks take a drive over and see what I mean or just go up the road and check out the service at the Mount Washington hotel . Upgrade , charge a little more , pay for better help !.......restaurant is a joke the food in the base lodge of the mountain puts it to shame!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE AREAS ONLY SLOPESIDE RESORT IS CENTRALLY LOCATED TO IT ALL! Secluded in the woods at Attitash Mountain Resort, the Grand Summit Hotel provides an abundance of lodging room choices and amenities while centrally located to all that North Conway and the Mount Washington Valley have to offer! Ranked as the #2 Ski Town in all of the USA, in the winter, North Conway plays host to excellent downhill skiing, cross-country skiing trails, snowmobiling, shopping and dining. During the summer months you'll find our resort full of life with our own attractions. Guests also enjoy area festivals, hiking, biking, swimming and scenic drives. Whatever the season, you'll have the perfect family or romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Attitash Grand Summit Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Attitash Grand Summit Resort
- Summit Bartlett
- Attitash Grand Summit Bartlett
- Bartlett Summit
- Attitash Grand Summit Hotel White Mountains, NH - Bartlett