“Great Value for the Rooms”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
Plainfield, Connecticut
“Great Value for the Rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

Pretty average hotel. The room we had was very spacious and cozy for the price. We went during the off season and enjoyed the off season activities at Attitash Mountian. Great place for a family with children to visit.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kate P, Manager at Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear Josh5411

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Attitash Grand Summit Hotel!

I'm glad that you had fun enjoying the activities at the Attitash Mountain Resort, it is a great bonus we're lucky to have! I also agree it's perfect for a family with children, especially being so close to Santa's Village.

Thanks again,

Kate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Darien, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

We went to the Attitash Grand Summit for my terminally ill cousins wedding. Our visit was during a season lull as the peak season for fall foliage had passed but the snow season had yet to start. The resort was very appealing in the main lobby. The rooms that we stayed in were nice but nothing fancy by any means.

What made this resort ABOVE THE TOP was three wonderful people who worked there! First person who impressed us was Jack the bartender in the restaurant bar. Jack was extremely friendly and attentive over the course of our weekend. Had he not been so welcoming at first impression we might have been turned off by the lack of people in the bar/restaurant.

Our next super stars were Maryann & Tammy. These two hands down made this entire weekend special. From quietly observing across the room that I needed a tissue and very discreetly handing it to me from beautifully decorating the wedding room and reception room to be all and more the bride could of dreamt of. These two were always around from Friday evening until time of check out after a special brunch Sunday morning. I'm not sure if either of them saw their family that weekend as they were alway there assisting us.

Another really sweet person we were fortunate to meet with Marilyn in the Country Store. She was always very kind.

As the occasion was bittersweet with the fact that my cousin in fact passed away within two days of her wedding emotions for the family & friends were on high. I truly feel that everyone of the staff who helped with the wedding or crossed paths with my cousin and our family truly felt honored to be a part of such a special event. This was a weekend we will never forget!

I have to say that I think the one area this resort was lacking was in the quality of the food. I'd rate it Excellent if that was better. Food is something you can improve on but you are tops in the staff we came across. I would definitely return to get a chance to see Maryann, Tammy, Jack & Marilyn again. I left the weekend with a few new friends! Thanks to all of you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kate P, Manager at Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear CTpickytraveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, it meant so much to us to be a part of your families special day.

I will be sure that Maryann, Tammy, Jack, and Maryiln all see your kind words. I will also be sure that the kitchen sees the feedback regarding the food so they can make the necessary improvements.

The weekend with your family had a tremendous impact on the staff here at the hotel in a bittersweet way and I know everyone who was involved was touched that they could be a part of it.

Your family is in our thoughts and prayers.

With love,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed in a two bedroom queen room attached to a two story King bed loft suite. It was great. Two bathrooms helps a lot. There was tons of room for everyone. The kitchen was fully equipped. I only wish we had used it more instead of relying on the hotel's restaurant which really wasn't very good at all. It's a bit of a trip to go to other restaurants in North Conway. The outdoor pool was nicely heated so we swam outdoors in November. The gym was ok. The game room needs to be updated. The lobby was beautiful. I give this Hotel 4 stars because the rooms were great and the staff was extremely nice but stay away from the restaurant.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank seacoastgirl
Kate P, Manager at Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear seacoastgirl,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Attitash Grand Summit hotel and the variety of things your review mentioned.

I will be sure the Front Desk staff sees your nice comments about their kindness, and I'm glad you found the pool comfortable. We have recently hired a new Manager to take over the restaurant and are hoping that once the ball gets rolling we won't have the same kind of feedback that you experienced but if we do, we'll make the changes accordingly.

Thanks again!

Attitash Grand Summit
Newton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Nestled in the beautiful White Mountains of NH and close to many attractions, including Storyland, Attitash Mountain Park, Skiing and more, it is worth a visit. The hotel is very nice on the outside and in the lobby, but the room was decent quality, but nothing fancy. We had tons of space as we reserved a 3-bedroom suite which was well equipped and comfortably accommodated 4 adults and 5 kids. The included breakfast was not very appetizing and came across feeling sub-par in taste, quality and selection for a full breakfast.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jginbos
Kate P, Manager at Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear jginbos,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so happy to hear that your family had plenty of room and had a comfortable stay. I will let our Chef know the feedback about your breakfast experience so that it will be on his radar.

We are also proud of the location, being set in the woods makes it a great getaway from the 'real world'.

Detroit, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

After reading the reviews posted about the Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, my husband and I were wary of staying here but wanted to get away during leaf season and thought we'd give it a chance.
When we arrived there was a bellman there who quickly assisted with our luggage, he seemed very kind and knowledgeable about the area, what to do, where to go, etc...
When we got to the front desk, I noticed that the lobby was clean, the decor was exactly what I would expect from a resort in New Hampshire and the front desk agents were friendly, helpful, and smiling.
We checked into our room, which was a standard hotel room, which is exactly what we paid for, it was clean, and the view was of the ski resort that over looked the pool were great to wake up to!
We went down stairs to get something to eat and have a couple of drinks, sat at the bar and enjoyed speaking with the bar tender. He told us where to go to avoid the crowds so that we could see the foliage but not be in lots of traffic. My sister is also planning a wedding and so I inquired about the venue and one member of the staff even took the time to show us the banquet hall that was being decorated for a wedding the next day.
My husband and I were both very impressed with the staff working there, the food was exactly what we were expecting and the decor was simple but clean.
All in all, I would recommend this hotel if you are traveling with family or your spouse, the location is set back in the woods, so you really feel like you're 'getting away from it all' and there is everything you'd need for a vacation right there. I also liked that North Conway was about 15 minutes away so while my husband golfed I could go shopping and buy without the sales tax!
We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Top floors have the best views!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rossie18
Dear Rossie18.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback!

I am thrilled that you and your husband had such a great experience, as you can see we're working hard at making improvements. I can't wait to print this for everyone involved and let them know their hard work has been worth it.

~Kate
Attitash Grand Summit
cape cod
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Our family stayed one night at this hotel over Columbus Day Weekend. We checked in, went swimming at the pool and returned to the room to discover my wallet had been stolen. I had a large amount of cash and all of my credit cards in my wallet which was in my purse (there are no safes in the rooms). There was no manager on duty (?) so we dealt with the woman working at the front desk. The local police were called and they were very responsive but also shared that this was not the first time that a theft had been reported at this hotel. While I was meeting with the police my husband took our kids to dinner at the hotel - which was comped. We left the next day with no word from a manager...and waited four days to even receive a return phone call from her regarding this matter. She let us know that an "investigation" had been done and that no one else had accessed our room while we were out and there was nothing else they could do. I am still hopeful that someone will find my wallet somewhere and return it to me...and also recognize that I obviously was not in a safe enough environment to leave valuables in my room. Lesson learned. The biggest disappointment was how this situation was handled (or should I say NOT HANDLED) by the hotel management. We spent the next night at the Red Jacket and had a completely opposite experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kaseinsy
Kate P, Manager at Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear kaseinsy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Attitash Grand Summit Hotel.

After reviewing the police report and speaking with the Bartlett Chief of Police, I can confidently say that there has not been a history of this happening at our hotel. We did do an internal investigation and we can see who enters every room on property. The only key that was used to enter your room was your room key. There was no other indication that your room had been entered by anyone but you in the time that you checked in or the entire night you spent here.
We currently do not have safes in our rooms and hope that savvy travelers understand that leaving large amounts of cash in their hotel room is not something that is advised or recommended by anyone.
Our front desk agent handled the situation with grace and although she is not a manager, she has been here for a number of years and took the right protocol in handling your situation. I’m glad to hear that your dinner was taken care of. The General Manager of our hotel was out of town during this incident and responded when she returned to the property.

I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Red Jacket, I’ve also heard great things about their property. We will keep an eye out for your wallet and if it turns up, please let us know.

New Hampshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Despite my terrible experience last time, we stayed here one night with our friends. We were three couples who had dinner by the bar. It took 2 1/2 hours to get our dinner and have one round of drinks. After waiting 30 minutes, I had to go find a bus boy and asked if he could find a waitress. The waitress eventually showed up and said "I'm doing you a favor to wait on you". I do have to say that my one Jack and coke was a good value, at least it was strong. I still don't know why it came in a stemmed wine glass. Perhaps to keep them small? One of the meals was an excellent beef casadia. I finally received my meal about 20 minutes after everyone else and they were almost done. The lobster mac and cheese sounded really good and I was hungry. I know that I could have made the dish better with a more interesting box of Kraft, a tube of Vulveeta and a bigger can of lobster. So we finally all eat and the waitress does a favor and actually come back for a second time in over two hours. We try to get a desert round of drinks and she informed us that we had been shut off. Really? My wife drank water and the rest of us each had one drink? Then it hits us, we admittedly gave her a lousy tip and she returned the favor. Avoid this place at all costs, drive somewhere else to stay and eat anywhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ChiefPL
Kate P, Manager at Attitash Grand Summit Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Attitash Grand Summit Hotel and the Crawford Restaurant and Pub specifically. We can not improve without feedback.
We have made a number of changes within our staff as a direct result of feedback from guests like yourself and we are looking forward to them.
We have recently hired a new executive Chef as well as a person to directly manage the restaurant to ensure issues like this do not continue to occur.
We hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area and we look forward to seeing you.

The Attitash Grand Summit Resort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
Comfort Inn & Suites North Conway
Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway
Attitash Mountain Village
Attitash Mountain Village
#3 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Attitash Grand Summit Hotel? Share your experiences!