“Go Here!”

Attitash Grand Summit Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Bartlett
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Staff is great,,facility is well maintained,,sitting in the huge,slope-side jacuzzi after a day of skiing with skiers going right by is epic.

A regular haunt

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 29, 2012

My mom and I just spent three nights at this hotel because my son was in ski races at the mountain. Originally my husband was going to come so I booked a one bedroom suite thinking my husband and I would stay in the bedroom and my mom would stay on the pull-out sofa. My husband ended up staying home so my mom stayed in the bedroom which was spacious and the king bed was very comfortable, but I stayed on the sofa bed which was terrible. The coils stuck into my back. Also when I first opened it up, there was Chex Mix in there, left by a past guest and not cleaned up by the housekeepers. Plus, I had to make the bed up myself with sheets and blankets which seemed unreasonable at this price bracket, considering they knew we were going to use the sofa bed. The room was $300 plus per night which seemed pricey but I took a chance for the convenience. Also there was a loud fan or generator running all night, and the refrigerator freezer made weird noises all night as well. We wanted the full kitchen in the suite but in hindsight I might have looked around the area to find something more reasonably priced. The service at this hotel was very good, particularly the complimentary Valet parking and the lady at the concierge desk was very perky and cheerful, and I imagine she would be helpful if you needed directions or reservations. Also a full breakfast buffet was included each day which was very good.

I would encourage the hotel manager to spend a night on this pull out couch with the wires poking into his back, and listen to the sounds of the generator and the grinding noise of the refrigerator freezer. At nearly $1000 for our three night stay, it seems we should have been able to sleep two people more comfortably in this suite.

Also it was hard to manage the heat so it wasn't too hot or too cold.

I didn't check out the pool or fitness room but it was nice to know they were there in case I wanted to use them. Also they had live entertainment on Saturday and that seemed pretty good.

Room Tip: Don't count on the sofa bed unless you bring a mattress pad to cushion the wire coils. Also brin...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My husband and I just returned home after a 3 night stay at Grand Summit Hotel. We've been guests there yearly for over ten years (we should have bought a condo). We still appreciate all that it offers from the ski in ski out to the very comfortable rooms. Although the rooms are a bit dated we noticed small changes and upgrades that showed the hotel cares about keeping up with maintenance. The staff was always helpful and friendly and housekeeping very attentive to our needs. The only downside to our stay was a problem controlling the heating of our room. We've never experienced this before but we couldn't get the temperature at a comfortable setting for any length of time. Perhaps it was only an issue with our room.
We do recommend this hotel for a great ski vacation and will visit again!

Room Tip: Mountain side rooms with a view are the best!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mijade
Reviewed January 11, 2012

My husband, daughter and I stayed at the Grand Summit for all of Xmas week up till new years. We knew there might not be much snow, but figured such a well known and advertised ski mountain would be making snow, since it had been getting quite cold at nights. We did get 4" of fresh snow just prior to our arrival which was nice. During the week, another 4 inches and a couple of days with an inch here and there. Strangely enough, Attitash was not making snow. Every day we checked the mountains, Bear Peak and Attitash, no snow blowers during the day or night. When asked at the front desk as to why, since it was cold enough, they assured us they were. I also have no clue as to why the small connecting trail from the hotel to the mountain also had no snow blowing on it. I mean, this is a ski in/ski out. This was somewhat irritating, since that was the main reason why we came to Grand Summit. I can understand if it wasn't cold enough to blow snow, but it was. Mostly green and blue trails open at Attitash, but just 1 trail open at Bear Peak. Took a 1 hr drive to Sunday River to get some good skiing in.

Our room was a 2 bedroom, 2 full bath, lots of room, and one of the bedrooms being up in a loft. The room was well maintained and clean, a bit of wear, but nicely laid out. Too bad the windows were on the small side with not much light, and did not take advantage of the beautiful views, therefore poor design, never quite felt like we were at the mountains when in our room. The bed upstairs was much more comfortable than the 2 queen beds downstairs - mattress way too soft or perhaps it needs to be replaced. Housekeeping services were fantastic - and if we wanted more coffee, toiletries, etc. they came up right away. The heating units were on the loud side, so we kept them off at night, and kept them going during the day. We were on the 3rd floor and hoped to have a quiet week, as opposed to the 1st or 2nd floors, but unfortunately, there was a loud bunch there over Xmas for a few days...kids were running and yelling down the hall way as if it were a playground. Unbelievable how parents let their kids do that. I had to tell them to knock it off a few times. Quite time is 10pm, but they felt like a stampede of elephants in a zoo, and I wasn't going to wait till 10pm. Walls unfortunately are very very thin. Sheets/linens/blankets very comfortable and soft. Showerhead was great - unlike some other hotels and always had hot water. Front Desk service is ok - have seen friendlier staff at other hotels. Housekeeping staff very friendly.

I tend to disagree with some reviewers about Crawford Pub in the hotel . We thought the food was great. I admit the breakfast buffet is over priced, and you need to get there well before the buffet ends, or it is not as fresh and they could run out of the special that morning. But, I thought the quality was good, although there should be more options for $15pp. (although our daughter was free) The dinners we had there were great - from jamaican wings, caesar salad, french onion soup, chili, ny sirloin, steak tips, burgers, seafood, we did not eat a thing on the menu that was bad and we are particular about our dining experiences. The wait staff was very pleasant and attentive as well. Evening music was great too.

Black Diamond Cafe has minimal as far as gifts (that is their gift shop), and is mainly for breakfast and lunch I guess. We ate there once and had the most incredible curried chicken salad, which I found out is homemade right there. The staff there could use more smiles.

There is a woodburning fireplace in the lobby, but the layout is one of the most stupid I have ever seen. The couches are fireplace are perfectly lined up with the automatic doors to go in and out of the hotel, so every time someone comes in or leaves, you get a blast of freezing air. Even if you are sitting in front of the fireplace- the lobby is freezing cold all the time. On the 2nd floor is a gas fireplace and couches, that was pleasant.

During check in I wish they mentioned to us that the keycards can become deactivated if they come in contact with our cell phone, since ours got deactivated twice, sort of annoying before we knew.

They had nice activities for kids/family, ice cream sundaes, movie night (Smurfs movie) on a big screen, popped popcorn in the big air popper and let the kids help, various arts and crafts, and the live animal demonstration was phenomenal! Loved it - what a fantastic show of animals from around the world - very well done!

The health club was great - nice views of the outdoor pool - 2 tv's - excellent equipment. The outdoor pool was nicely heated and liked the 2 outdoor hottubs which were perfectly hot. Although, I agree w/ the other reviewer, it could be better lit at night. One end of the pool is lit well, but the other end and middle is not. More lighting would be good.

Was hoping they would have fireworks and bonfires (marshmallow/smores roasting), but, no such luck. I"m sure there would have been plenty of interested people in those activities.

So, some good, some not so good - mixed reviews on this hotel. Would I go back, probably not mainly due to their lack of snow making ability. You can't count on mother nature, and you can't seem to count on them to keep the man made snow coming, so why pay the high price of a ski in ski out? There was not enough good stuff for me to come back and stay. If I was staying somewhere else in the area, I would certainly go back to Crawfords Pub though for dinner.

And it was good to get back home and get a good nights sleep in my bed - those soft mattresses need replacing or something....

Room Tip: being on the 3rd floor helps a bit, assuming you don't have kids with parents who don't care...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ARoseBoston
Reviewed December 19, 2011

This is one the larger hotels in the area located right at Atttiash and about 15 minute From North Conway. This property is not only great for skiers but as a central base to any activity .
Service : Was friendly and helpful from front desk and housekeeping. We need some extra plastic cups and the housekeeper went to the kitchen and brought us plenty, very helpful.

The parking lot was rather tight and not well lighted. tough in the winter

The Room: We stayed in a one-bedroom suite it was nice which was spacious and clean. It had a small kitchen and table area . The bathroom was standard and basic.

Pool and Fitness area: The outdoor pool is open year round and the fitness center was decent. The pool was very warm but not well lit up at night .

Restaurant : was unlike the rest of the hotel, the service was terrible and very slow, I asked for strawberry jam and the server asked me to look again there was none. The food was just average and you are better off to go out for breakfast or bring your own food.

Overall this is a great choice for a hotel in Mt Washington Valley, A better choice than the chain hotels in the area. It could use some further updating and renovation as it is starting to feel rather dated now. They also have many green and environmental initiatives which is great to see then concern for the earth and it guests.

Room Tip: Book a suite over a standard room, well worth the extra $$$.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We had a one bedroom, with a loft room. It was a generous size with comfortable beds and lots of room.
The airconditioning was a little too noisy to leave on at night.
The restaurant did not accept room charges, so we had to settle the bill for each meal.
What soured our stay was the excessive “pre-authorization” on our credit card that was not released on checkout. This was only discovered subsequently when checking in to subsequent hotels on our holiday.
Overall, the staff were courteous, but we were a little disappointed in the lack of interest in guests once checked-in.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Geoff L
Reviewed October 4, 2011

Nice hotel, friendly front desk staff. We decided to eat at the restaurant,what a mistake. We stood in front of a "please wait to be seated" sign for 15 min, then were seated in the empty restaurant. 20 more minutes rolled by before a waitress even acknowledge us. In the mean time I approached the bartender and asked him to make us a drink and find us a waitress. He explained they were short handed, made the wrong drinks and got angry because he screwed up. We ordered 2 bowls of soup and a pizza to go. The lady from the kitchen delivered our food 25 minutes later, because the waitress never returned until she came with the check for 49.00. and told me"sorry my mind is fried" reallyyyy??? You think?Service absolutely sucked at this place. Its too bad because I would have liked to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cjgirg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bartlett
North Conway Grand Hotel
#4 of 12 in Bartlett
Attitash Mountain Village
Attitash Mountain Village
#5 of 12 in Bartlett

Been to Attitash Grand Summit Hotel? Share your experiences!