“Beautiful location but noisy”
Review of Zephyr Cove Resort

Zephyr Cove Resort
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed at the Resort in March 2013. The weather was beautiful and the cabin was very comfortable. We had a fireplace and a view of the lake. The grounds and view were beautiful. Unfortunately, there is a remedial station on the grounds that runs all day and night so if you want to sit outside your cabin you have to endure the noise. We could even hear it in the cabin but there is no radio so we either listened to the station noise or had the tv on. They need to put a radio in the cabins to help with the noise. I am not certain why they chose that spot to put the station but it really does impact the atmosphere. We went on a Travelzoo special but I would have been upset if I had paid full price for that cabin!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
John K, General Manager at Zephyr Cove Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Zephyr Cove Resort is appreciative of the candid feedback that has been provided in regards to our guests recent stay. We strive to ensure that all of our guests have a memorable experience at our resort and hope that they are able to enjoy all of the unique amenities that we offer. We are have instituted measures to eliminate the noise in the vicinity and will be monitoring going forward. John Kenny, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Zephyr Cove Resort

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I love this place! Cute, cozy cabins with lots of character in a beautiful location. Forest Service land; resort built in early 1900s. Away from atmosphere of S. Lake, but still close to services. The lodge rooms are just OK; the cabins are much nicer. Restaurant has great breakfasts and nice waitstaff. If you don't enjoy the 20-somethings meat market on the beach, set up camp on the north side of the pier away from the volleyball courts.

Room Tip: Cabins are far superior to the lodge rooms. Ask for a cabin closer to the lake than the road; it mak...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I upgraded to a cabin with a view of the lake. While we could see the lake from our cabin deck the windows where not such that you'd enjoy a view from. Small, utilitarian only. The cabin was rustic but served it's purpose. The beach was a disappointment as it was a meeting point for 20somethings to hang out and get drunk. Being directly across the street from a campground we should have known. It definitely was not a relaxing get-away.

Room Tip: one step above camping. keep that expectation and you'll be fine.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dalycalifornia
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed here during the early spring so it was still a little cold to be on the beach and honestly I think that is the only perk of this place. The cabins were all booked so we had to stay in the lodge which probably made it less enjoyable. I also prefer to stay closer in to South Lake because there is more to do and there are better beaches that are less crowded. We have been to this beach in the summer and it is really hard to find a spot where you are not bumping elbows with the family next to you.And FYI for those who plan on a night out in which you will need a taxi we took a taxi in to Stateline one night and it was $21 each way. I thought that was fairly reasonable but some people who we met up with at the Montbleu did not seem to agree. I would say that $42 opposed to death or dui is a fair trade! However I will take this in to consideration next time when I decide where to stay.

Room Tip: Get a cabin. The lodge rooms are cramped and you can hear every noise throughout the whole lodge.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I just took my fourth trip to Zephyr Cove....three times in cabins and once camping across the street. Every time I've stayed there I have had an awesome time!! I love being able to have the option to bring my dog if I choose....the lake front cabins are AWESOME!! Just steps away from the beach and a gorgeous view of Lake Tahoe. The restaurant is great with very very nice waiters and waitresses. I love buying gifts at the shop there...very cute stuff! The cabins are clean and VERY COZY! And the nice deck outside is great for sitting and having a cocktail and you can barbecue right out front also! Its a pet kid friendly place to stay...its warm and cozy and I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Cabin #12 is AWESOME--its a LAKE FRONT cabin...and its the best!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 970kathyg
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Had a great family vacation. Stayed in Cabin 10 (end of the road - great view of the lake). Our cabin was cozy - high ceilings - nice furniture and a huge TV. The cabin had a good sized kitchen and was equipped with everything we needed to cook and serve meals.
The second bedroom had two twin beds - that could not be pushed together because of the layout of the room - a little awkward for the other couple staying with us - but not a huge deal. We can't wait to rent a larger cabin and bring more friends - it's a great location - and the staff did everything to make sure we were happy.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Raelita
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We were very pleased with the cabin room at Zephyr Cove Resort. Very cozy with everything you need, clean and comfy. The area is fantastic, quick walk to the lake with beautiful views. There are many activities to take part in. I hope to go again and stay longer.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Zephyr Cove
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
#11 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#8 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
#1 of 9 in Stateline
Hotel Azure
Hotel Azure
#13 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort, Spa and Casino

Been to Zephyr Cove Resort? Share your experiences!