“Great Local Spot”
Review of Coyote Grill - CLOSED

Coyote Grill
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Great Local food, spirits and music. Always see a local a the bar after a day in the water or on the lake enjoying the evening!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I used to come here as I live near and pick up my mail at the shopping area where it is located. I've eaten here numerous times and a few years back the food was fairly decent but the service was always what we locals call "Lake Tahoe Attitude".( ie no one cares about anything.) The final time I ate there with a friend we got charged for tortilla chips with our Mexican style meal that was subpar all around and again the place had maybe 4 customers but service was non existent. I walk by the place almost daily but will never patronize this joint again. Tahoe has a lot of places like this it seems. On a positive note there is a great FedEx dropoff box right in front that picks up before 3 PM.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stopped here for lunch. My husband had grilled tuna salad and I had pulled pork sandwich. Both dishes were good. It was very cold outside. The owner was taking a video of his place in a snow storm (it snowed more than 24 inches that day and another 2 feet the next day.) We had delicious hot toddies. The place is very friendly and gives you the feeling of a British pub rather than a bar. I would certainly go back and recommend it as a pleasant place to stop for a simple lunch.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I'll give them another shot, but the first meal I had there gave me indigestion.

I ordered the flautas, and they were overcooked and super greasy. They were served with guacamole, sour cream, and bland pico de gallo. But instead of salsa it came with sweet and sour sauce and some mayonnaise based secret sauce. Not my cup of tea.

My husband says the mandarin chicken salad was good. Perhaps I'll try that next time.

I will give them another chance, but next time I won't order anything fried.

Reviewed June 5, 2012

Grilled Mahi Mahi taco (really good!) and pork taco. Came with chips and really good salsa. Quality $2 beer and $2.50 wine... All for $13 + tip. Happy hour (3-6 every day) prices. Great deal!