“Relaxing Ride!”

Zephyr Cove Stables
Ranked #5 of 13 things to do in Zephyr Cove
More attraction details
Owner description: Breakfast, lunch and dinner rides in the high Sierras.
Carson City, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Relaxing Ride!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

We did the one hour ride, I would definitely recommend it to everyone! The ride was very relaxing. I'd never been horseback riding prior to this so was a little nervous, but the horses knew the route we going on and I didn't have to do too much, but just enjoy the ride and views.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank heatherNV

Benicia, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Lake view ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

We had a great two hour trail ride at zephyr cove and I would highly recommend it.
We were so fortunate to have the owner, Dwight, as our trail guide. He was not real talkative but a real 20year rodeo rider cowboy! His wife is friendly and runs the office, and his son is his partner.
The horses were very gentle and good for first time riders. There were many different trails to ride through the trees that eventually crested so that you got a great Lake view. I think the course may be dependant on riding ability, which is a good thing.

Visited May 2013
Ashland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Get Up Lill' Pony (aka Dubb's)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

A sweet solo, (the owner and I), early season, one hour ride. Fine folks, wife a, husband, and son. A nice string of ponies just off of low land, valley grazing. Fat, and still showing their winter coats. Mr. Dubb's, my horse, was so calm and relaxed. He was sure footed and steady. Trust this horse to a babe'. I am from a ranching/farming area, and had a pony as a child. The stables are true to the west, rustic and worn. REMEMBER.. you are here for vacation. Drop expectations, think beauty and safety first. Enjoy. Very nice folks, would do it again.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Jujubean1010
N. Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best place to enjoy views from horseback in Lake Tahoe!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

Staff is always fun and friendly... really making the ride enjoyable! Good value,family friendly...Always recommended!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Gidget09
San Diego, California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Gorgeous scenery, nice horses, great guide.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

First off, I was thrilled they were open as it was so late in the season. The horses we saw appeared in good condition. My husband and I own our own horses so we didn't ask for much guidance, but honestly, the horses we rode were so good I would trust kids on them. The two hour trip was perfect. Great view of the lake. Trail meandered through aspen and pine trees, boulders and streams. There was patches of snow in some areas making the ride even prettier. The horses were in their late teens, but didn't break a sweat. "Joe" the guide was informative and friendly. I would recommend this company.