“Let's hope they can work out their kinks...”
Review of Scobie's Grill - CLOSED

Scobie's Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I was remarkably excited to try a new place in town. When I arrived there was no one up front so my mother and I stood there for 15 minutes looking around for someone to help us out, right as we headed for the door the owner came to our rescue. He seated us and made his way to the kitchen to find the waitress. I ordered the basics french dip with sweet potato fries, mom got a cheeseburger with garlic fries. It sucked :( The meat was so dry I literally choked on it, the fries were okay. Mom had a very well done burger, with garlic fries that were no where near acceptable. I had such high hopes for what was to come, especially priced the way it was! The food was terrible, the service was even worse, the whole experience as a whole was heart breaking. I hope they can get the kinks worked out before too long, the place has serious potential the execution right now is lacking. I will say I have every intention of going back to see if things have worked themselves out!

1  Thank Alicia M

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Small dining area but the food was good and the price was reasonable

Reviewed December 14, 2011

I live in Yerington and this place sucked. I watched the business owner stare at me as a waitress apologized for switching my order of sweet potato fries for regular fries and charging me the premium. He later piped in that the sweet potato fries were in but he didn't want to open the box and get them out. People wonder why businesses don't last long in Yerington. Maybe its because they don't follow common sense business practices or give a hoot about their customers.

2  Thank jason w
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Had a prospector burger, gold... a burger that comes with 3 1/3 lb patties, all the fixins you want with it... very friendly service... Just what Yerington needed!!! A friendly clean place that knows how to use a grill!!! Salads were very good! We also had the macaroni and cheese with bacon, yummy! We will be back as much as possible... :0)

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Scobie's Grill is a new restaurant in Yerington open for lunch and dinner serving a nice mix of burgers, hot sandwiches and entrees. The food is good, and compared to most of the limited dining selections in this small town, very good. The bar selections leave something to be desired, and the atmosphere feels a little cold and random. The decor us somewhere between Irish pub and cafeteria. But again, the food was very good at a reasonable price. If your a local and haven't tried this place yet get in here. If you are passing through town, just visiting or are one of the growing numbers of drillers and miners in the valley looking for a great burger or steak you owe it to yourself to give Scobie's Grill a try.

1  Thank bco5012003