“Good Value”
Review of Town House Motel

Town House Motel
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Winnemucca
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Everything about my stay here was very pleasant. It's a no-frills place - no fitness center, no restaurant, etc. You get a very clean room - everything works properly and is well maintained. It's quiet. The bed is OK. And the owners are very nice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Town House Motel

Reviewed September 17, 2012

When I made reservations by phone I inquired if a pool was available and was told yes. I did not care if it was outdoor or indoor. When we checked in the pool was "closed for the season." So, I opted instead to take a cold bath in our room, after driving 350 miles in hot desert. The bathtub drain did not work, and after 2 failed attempts by the staff to fix the drain, we just gave up.
The ice machine was empty as well.
Please check what you promise when folks make reservations.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Flmh-2
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Stayed here with friend who makes it a regular stop on x-country trip, and it was a very clean nice mom and pop type motel. Standard older motel room was well appointed and clean with a mini fridge, microwave, iron & ironing board, very good cable TV, organic toiletries in the bath, good bed. The carpet could be a bit cleaner (I wish they'd put hard floors that can be mopped in hotels, but I guess that would be loud) but that would be my only complaint, and a minor one. The pool looked nice but I had no suit. Owner/check-in could not have been nicer. $72 tax title and lic.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank LuckyWest
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Town House Motel reminds you how easy it is to drive up to your door and unload your car. The place is very clean, has good linens, and the management live on premises. The location is just off Winnemucca Ave, so it is quiet yet convienent. There is a laundromat right behind the motel. If you are on a long trip or camping this is a great place to stay and catch up on laundry. If you walk down to Winnemucca Ave and cross the street there is a small strip mall. At one end is a VERY nice, independantly owned coffee shop with sofas, art, etc. At the other end of the strip mall is a wine tasting bistro. This is a sweet place with a pass-through window to outdoor seating. Only two complaints about Town House Motel; noisy AC and need to recarpet.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Timeofmylife17
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were tired, had gotten a late start, and needed to stop and sleep. I used my Tripadvisor iPhone app to find a place to stay, and we ended up here.
The good: It's off the main road through town, so it's quiet and dark. It's the old fashioned kind of motel, where you pull up and park in front of your room, so you don't have to deal with stairs. It's a mom and pop kind of place, warm and friendly, owner-operated.
The bad: It's OLD. It feels run-down, and kind of dirty. The bed was okay. We were tired, so we could've slept just about anywhere.
The warning: It costs more than Tripadvisor lists. The owner was very defensive about it, assured me she's contacted Tripadvisor to tell them, showed me that Travelocity, Expedia, etc. all have the proper rates. We probably would've just gone to Motel 6 if we'd known how much it was going to cost ($75 plus tax), but like I said, we were exhausted.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JJ1901
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We were refused a room because of my disabled father's little 15-pound service dog. On a four-state road trip to visit elderly relatives, we stayed at chain hotels as well as "vintage" little places. At each one, I informed the front desk of our service dog, and it was no issue at all. At the Town House we were turned away and ended up spending more (which we can ill afford) at another motel, where they could not have been more welcoming. Shocking attitude, Town House!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank BerkeleyDad
Reviewed July 21, 2012

After reading the reviews of hotels in Winnemucca, I changed reservations to this one, and am very glad I did. The motel is older, but the room was immaculate. Most of the rooms were booked, but we never heard another person, or any road noise. The only negative was the shower head located at professional basketball player height. Not a problem for me, but 5' 2" spouse not thrilled.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family