Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino
$76
$45
  • Pool
$62
All reviewsgreat casinopoker roomthe room was nicestarbucksfunslots
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We booked a deluxe room based on advice I read in on-line reviews. The room was plain but very nice, clean and comfortable. It was miles from the elevator but walking is good for us, right? Especially when you are 78 and 72 years old! The first night the TV went blank after an hour or so of watching. Someone came to fix it promptly. The next morning it went out again, again was fixed promptly. After 5 mins we had a double screen and no volume. So now they moved us to another room. We were booked for 4 nights so all our stuff was unpacked. Packed everything up and moved to a room a little closer to the elevator. We left the room for the day and came back late. That's when I realized no one had cleaned the room. The garbage was still there and coffee hadn't been replaced. Called and coffee was promptly replaced, twice! The straw that was the last one was having to replace our door keys 5 times because they wouldn't work on return to the room! We definitely got a lot of exercise walking from the room to the front desk so often!Someone was sent to check that too but all he did was test our NEW keys to see if they worked. Of course they did since we had just had them replaced. Complaining to management was very difficult and definitely unsatisfactory. We got the feeling the staff was programmed not to be able to contact management. The manager listened and took notes but that was it. I didn't get the impression she cared much. We stayed here because the rates were good but in the future we'll stay at one of the other casinos. We're from Seattle area and our son lives in Wendover.

Room Tip: Deluxe is the only advice I can offer.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank PatriciaW721
Reviewed June 14, 2014

When we checked in the hotel and paid $109.00 + tax we almost died when we saw our first room. It was in the tower and I've never seen a worse room and I've stayed a lot of places. The bathroom sink leaked, there was no toilet paper holder on the wall so it was just placed on the floor, the tv was about a 16" if that and there was no remote. There were holes in the wall and the wallpaper was all coming off. But the worst was the beds. There were all these big lumps so I took the covers down and looked at the mattress. It was all stained and was very thin but they had this weird lumpy mat on top. When you laid on the bed, all you felt in your back was lumps. We quickly went to the front desk and complained so they changed our room to the main hotel. The room was better but I still was not impressed for the price. Never again.

Room Tip: Definitely not the tower side.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jaiden K
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed on a Sunday night, 2 rooms at ~$35 each; one handicap and one non-smoking king. Both rooms were equally bad in their respects. The handicap room, while very large and located close to the casino, had filthy rugs, an air conditioner that did not work, and an old tube TV with a blurry orange picture. The furniture and bedding were very old. The non-smoking room was located upstairs down a long hallway The hallway rugs were old and severely stained below every fire sprinkler. The carpet in this room was so dirty looking that we did not go barefoot the whole time. The bathroom was dingy and their towels were so cheap they didn't even soak up water from our showered bodies(this was a first for me...I didn't know towels could do that). The air conditioner in this room did work, but was so loud we hardly could sleep. Speaking of sleeping, we made sure to pull the bedding and check for bugs, hair, or other hints of used/dirty sheets and we did not allow the cigarette burned bedspread to touch our bodies. One last comment. The phones in both of these rooms were dead! We had no way to call the front desk, restaurant, or one another's rooms. Do yourself a favor, stay as far away from this place as you can.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank S C
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Old run down and dirty. Noisey with kids running up and down hallway slamming doors. When I checked in they wanted a photo ID, I offered my military ID and was told we don't except those. When I told them I wanted to speak to a manager the story changed and all of a sudden the ID was accepted. You can die for your country but can't check into a hotel with your ID.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank thomasd442014
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The Nugget is a great value place to stay, play and eat. There is actually a lot to do in the area and its easy to spend a weekend in the town.

I go to Wendover every year and wouldn't imagine staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business