“Yay! A Vegan Can Eat Here!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in West Wendover
Wisconsin
“Yay! A Vegan Can Eat Here!”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Started out across the street at the Montego Bay Casino because a review said they had great spaghetti. When we got there, found out all they served was meat sauce with the spaghetti. We asked for non-meat sauce and were told NOPE, can't help you, it's all pre-made. Looked at all the other Montego Bay restaurants and none of them can serve a vegan. So we went across the street to the Nugget and their Golden Harvest Cafe. Fabulous! All you can eat buffet for less cost than Montego Bay, and vegan items galore! I had the penne pasta with marinara sauce, sauteed broccoli, peas, corn, green beans, great salad bar and a nice glass of mango/guava juice. My vegetarian boyfriend had tacos with refried beans, cheese, sour cream, hot salsa, and a big salad, and iced tea. THANK YOU NUGGET and GOLDEN HARVEST CAFE!

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank russianwulfgar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Draper
Reviewed August 31, 2011

If they cared a little bit, it might show. This place is ready to be demolished. Everything is torn up, stained or ripped. Even our lamp shade in the room had holes in it. We went on a Sunday night. I was going to take the standard room and the girl talked me into what she called the deluxe room for $10.00 more. I would have hated to see what the standard room looked like. The hallways, elevator, display cases, everything is dirty. It all made my skin crawl. Couldn't wait to get out of there!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lindafaye
Kim M, Public Relations Manager at Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
Dear Lindafaye,

We are very sorry for your bad experiences at the Nugget!
We have recieved several complaints regarding to the cleanliness of our Hotel, and we are working on solving this isse.
I am forwarding your complaint to our manager.

Wendover Nugget

Travelers are raving about these West Wendover hotels

Ogden, Utah
Reviewed August 28, 2011

My first impression of the hotel was at the bar where we waited for our room to be ready. There was no one there except us and the bar tender acted as if we were bothering him. Then we checked into our room and I was appaled when I saw the shower door was filthy with soap sum and hard water. The outside corners of the shower were built up with mold and dirt that was easily scraped away with my finger nail. After seeing that, I began to inspect the room a little closer. Dust and dirt on every picture frame, the edges of the room had not been vacuumed for a very, very long time, the light in the bath room was a strobe light, several lights in the room were burnt out, the exhaust fan in the bathroom didn't work, the shower door would not close, and then I pulled back the bedding and I saw black hair still on the pillow case!! I went down to the front desk with a written list of complaints along with the dirty pillow. They were very nice and said they would clean the room and change the bedding and my credit card would not be charged.

We returned to our room at 1:30am to fnd that all they had done was remake the bed with the same dirty bedding and didn't even bring back another pillow. I had to go back to front desk at 1:30am to get a pillow. I was told that house keeping was closed for the night so I never got another pillow. I also looked at my bank account to find that they did charge my credit card. I would never go back to this hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank katcat101156
Kim M, Public Relations Manager at Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
Dear katcat101156,

We are very sorry for your bad experiences at the Nugget!
Did your credit card issue got solved? I am forwarding your complaint to our manager.

The Wendover Nugget
South Weber, Utah
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Staff at the hotel check-in, terrible! Delux room was a delux mess! Resturant service and food was good.

Room Tip: Bring a sleeping bag..tools..and disinfectant!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank JoeS1828
Roy, Utah
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Had a great time staying here, their beds new to be updated but overall it is a great place to stay. AND they have a Starbucks! Yummy!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BerriesNCream
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Six of us ate at the cafe for breakfast. We were the only people there which should have been our first clue. Service took forever. We did not even receive coffee for 15 minutes. We never did get water which we asked for and no refills on our coffee. All six meals were nearly inedible.The food was greasy, burned and cold when it finally arrived.
It was expensive, in more ways than one. Two people in our party were sick and spent the next few hours in the nearest bathroom.
Eat at Montego Bay!!!Or anywhere but the Nugget!

Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank wendy21811
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed August 6, 2011

I go to the front desk, there were no other guests around. Four employees behind the counter, one doing something clerical and the three others having a conversation. No one acknowledged me. They saw me, but they didn't acknowledge me. Finally the solo employee looks up, doesn't say a word. In her defense, her employer doesn't seem to care too much if she and her co-workers can speak English.

So I start the conversation, say I'd like a room.
Her: Standard rooms are $35, Deluxe are $40.
Me: What's the difference?
Her: The Deluxe rooms are fancier.

Well, thanks for that. She admitted that they have no internet in the rooms, so I went across the street and stayed at Montego Bay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
#6 of 7 in Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
#4 of 7 in Wendover

Been to Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!