“Unsafe and Dishonest”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in West Wendover
Truchas, New Mexico
“Unsafe and Dishonest”
Reviewed July 30, 2011

In addition to the valid charges for room and breakfast, they ran a $50.00 charge on my card that I never agreed to or signed for. I am in process of disputing this through my bank.
Also, the bathroom has a slick tiled floor and a slope supposedly to aid wheelchair users (though in fact it woudl make it harder for them). I stepped carefully from the shower and still slipped and fell and hurt my elbow badly. The nugget staff was rude and unhelpful. It was over an hour before I even got any ice for my injury.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SarahBear2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Carmichael, California
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I must say that seeing the number of negative reviews for this hotel upon logging on, I am certainly NOT surprised. We stayed here for a few hours on our way through Nevada last week and had one of the worst check in experiences ever. We arrived at 3am to claim our guaranteed room reservation and were told that we could not be checked in due to the fact the the hotel's Night Audit process had the computer system down. I have worked in the hospitality industry for over 25 years and I know for a fact that all hotels run contingency reports prior to taking their system down in order to be able to check guests in manually during that time period. The delay of almost 45 minutes at that hour of the morning was INEXCUSIBLE! Finally, when their computer system came back on line our original reservation was wiped out and they tried to bamboozle us in at a higher rate. The professionalism at the Front Desk was an absolute joke to say the very least. The rooms were standard no frills. Very hard lumpy pillows, and a prevalent bug problem was present. We did not use any of the other facilities, but just walking through the casino area trying to find someone to direct us to our room we encountered several less than helpful hotel employees. Obviously the management here is not interested in running a reputable hotel with basci service standards that make guests want to return.

Room Tip: get here EARLY
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank perpendxular78

Travelers are raving about these West Wendover hotels

Reviewed July 22, 2011

We got our free hotel night from players club so cant complain to much. The beds were so lumpy and there was mold in our bathroom. Other than that it was great.

• Stayed July 2011
West Valley City, Utah
Reviewed July 10, 2011

My husband and i go down for the day to get away and have fun. We decided to try the nuggetts buffet this time it looked good. But suprise it was the worst one we have had in wendover so far. Wanted to purge on our way home. My husband said not sure what animal the ribs came from? and the shrimp really fishy tasting. Even the desert bar half of it is fake!!! they don't have half of what they show. True story eat at arbys or any were other than the buffets in WENDOVER..... I think next time i will pack a lunch Good luck .

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pampost
Salt Lake City, UT
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I came to stay at this hotel on a comp package offering CDL drivers a free room and free play. What a joke! From the time I walked up to the front desk, the staff acted like they could care less if they gave you information on where things were at. The front desk person put me in the tower area without telling me there were two different areas for the rooms. I walked around for 20 minutes trying to find my room which was in the tower because I wasn't told by the front desk exhausted from my long drive. Also, when I questioned them about the free play, the clerk told me he didn't know anything about it and I needed to get my ticket from Truckers Plaza next door. They were closed for the night and directed me to the Nugget who knew nothing about it nor furnished the free play ticket. When I talked to management about it, they did nothing. The room's air conditioning didn't blow cold air and hardly worked, and there was no cold water coming out of the sink faucet in the bathroom.

The following morning, I tried to reach the front desk and could hear the hotel operator picking up the line without saying anything and putting me on hold 10 different times. I was furious and went down to the front desk to complain about her. Nobody could seem to find the manager for 20 minutes. When he did come over, he made excuse after excuse for her not answering the line and didn't offer to look into it. I then turned around to find two young security guards standing behind me unannounced who looked like they were 20 years old trying to intimidate me for complaining to the manager. Needless to say, I checked out of this [--] of a hotel and will never stay here again nor recommend it to anyone even if it's free!!!! This hotel is full of Spanish employees who have probably been recruited for this hotel to receive a tax break for hiring those who are of another nationality and underpriviliged. The sorry thing is they can't do their job nor hardly speak English!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank morgantins
Park City, Utah
Reviewed June 16, 2011

1st room! Toilet ran unabated and kept flushing! 2nd room! Room looked nice at first glance, then... Sink drained very slowly, Mold around ceiling in shower, wallpaper peeling in bath, windows filthy...

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank MountainJitney
SALT LAKE CITY
Reviewed June 14, 2011

It is a flash back to the 1950's. The rooms are trash. The headboard is held up by a piece of wood.... Glad we gambled and saw a concert. We high tailed it out bright and early. Took a long shower when we got back home.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
#6 of 7 in Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
#4 of 7 in Wendover

Been to Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino? Share your experiences!