“Nice place for a quick getaway”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Peppermill Wendover Hotel Casino
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in West Wendover
Ogden, Utah
“Nice place for a quick getaway”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

My wife and I have enjoyed getting away to the Peppermill every so often. The rooms are relatively cheap, but are nicely appointed. Beds are comfortable, bathrooms spacious, and then environment is pleasant (for adults - it is a casino, after all).

Complaints are relatively minor - we both think that the hotel buffet is way over priced, although this seems to be the case at most casinos these days. Staff at the front desk can be mixed - sometimes very friendly, other times more stand-offish.

Regardless, for a quick get away from Salt Lake, the Peppermill makes a decent destination.

Room Tip: Sign up for at wendoverfun.com to get the monthly e-mail specials. When you do so, you get a better...
4 Thank Michael_Keeney72

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Reviewed August 20, 2012

After a spectacularly desolate yet beautiful drive from Denver via I-70, NV Hwy 6, and I-5, you konk out in West Wendover, NV. There is nothing to recommend this town, least of all the hotels. We took a flyer and booked a room at the Peppermill, which in Reno is known for good service and attractive, weLl-trained employees.

Not so the West Wendover version! The whole place screams smoking, forlorn fortune seekers, obesity, and lowest common social denominator. We met one diamond in the rough -- an absolutely wonderful, poised waitress in the hotel's top restaurant, a sort of tex-mex place. Unfortunately, she was limited to a wine list whose top choice was Mondavi Woodbridge (with retail markup, it was offered at $20.00).

We tried to charge our dinner to the room, but it was clear that there was a lack of communication between the hotel check-in desk and the restaurant. After providing ID and othe info stopping just short of a stool sample, we abandoned the room charge effort and paid with a card just to put all of us out of our misery.

The room was OK, and, frankly, the other hotel choices don't look much better. Next time, we'll pull up short in SLC.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Xenos1
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

ATE AT OCEANO RESTERAUNT on August 10th with my out of state guests that I PAID FOR THEIR RION FOR HOT AUGUST NIGHTS..THE meal cost me 136.00 out of my pocket.I had sushi and on Augut11th I was at ER with food poisoning ..My cousin was ilk too..GREAT SERVICE!!!!The weekend for my relatives to stay cost me 2000.00$$$ and I got food poisoning...Ill be er spend a dime in that place again..And I'm taking some of their customers with me to The Sienna. At least they give me fair freeplay..Good food ...and more liberal machines as well as a more relaxing atmosphere ..

• Stayed August 2012
Onalaska, WI
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Just got back from the Peppermill. We flew out on a gambling junket for $225 for the both of us. Spent 3 days here. I know the hotel is a little dated, so what? You didn't come to Wendover for the rabid night life and restaurants. There are 5 casinos here, not much else. Having said that let me say our room (4579) had a bad A/C, like it didn't work. In 100 degree weather the room was about 90. Said they would be up to fix it and the front desk did say it was done but the room was still an oven. Asked for a new room and they sent us down a few doors (4583). No further problems. Beds were good and the place was clean enough for me. TV was good and no problem.
We ate in the Milano and food was good but service could be better. Kind of slow and don't really check back enough. Seemed to be down in number of staff. Pancho's & Willies was very good. Enjoyed it and the service was good.
Now to the main thing. The gambling. Need a few more updated machines. A lot of the same machine with different fronts on them. Return was good and I enjoyed myself. Overall my wife and I are still ahead even after losing this time. Didn't lose much this time and well worth the trip.
I went down to the airfield and looked around. I see they are still working to update the old bldgs. You know the government built it in the 40's, how about the government throwing a little to preserve our history?
Will be back as we had fun, and that is the name of the game.

Room Tip: Newer section would be best.
7 Thank pertzsch
Roy, Utah
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We got there on the 7th and in the evening found we had a wine cooler when we had the understanding we had a fridge, we ended up having to make an ice bath in a sink to keep our drinks cold. The TV would not work with the hotell services like movies to even see the previews. Upon filling the jaccuzzi and getting in we found that the pump was broak to it was nothing more than a bath tub. We didnt just get a basic $50 room but the Seria suite and expected more. The bed was very comfortable. We were in the old part of the hotel in room 4556. When I went to the front desk in the morning and spoke to Araseli the front end supervison she took notes like to fix it then started pushing everything back on me including the pump being out telling me that I should have called the front desk because they have 24hr maintance. I told her that it was descovered at 11pm and it was not likely they would try to change the pump at 11pm. I let her know that I didn't feel that I got what I paid for. Araseli told me that she had to have maintance go to the room to check things out asking me to check back with her. After getting a bite to eat and checking back with her she again was plasing all the falt on me and offered a $10 discount. I thought this was a slap in the face telling her to keep her money and I don't think I will be back. I found this to be sad because when ever I have gone to wendover this was the only place that I have stayed over the last 10 years.

1 Thank Terryz21
PeppermillHotelMngr, Manager at Peppermill Wendover Hotel Casino, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we appreciate and highly value all guest feedback. We sincerely regret that we were unable to make your stay a pleasant one, due to the maintenance issues. These have been forwarded to Engineering and have been corrected.

We are currently in the process of renovating our rooms as well as replacing the wine chillers with refrigerators and we do have a newer wing with that features a warm and inviting Tuscan décor.
We do hope you reconsider and offer us the opportunity to serve you better in the future.
Random Lake, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was our first time to Wendover and we were on the 1st floor fairly close to the casino. The food in the buffet was ok. We ate at the Mexican restaurant in the hotel and that was very good. We also ate at the Steak House at the Rainbow Casino which was outstanding. I have no complaints about service. Our room could have been a little cleaner. They need to clean around the outside edge of the room when vacuuming especially since the carpet is black. The tub area also could have been cleaned better. Yes the rooms are dated but for the money we paid I guess I can't complain. The a/c in our room wasn't as cool as it should have been. Rented a car and drove to Lamoille Canyon which was very scenic.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sharon B
PeppermillHotelMngr, Manager at Peppermill Wendover Hotel Casino, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for your review! Your restaurant comments have been forwarded to this respective department. We would like to apologize for the poor housekeeping and A/C in your room; those comments have also been forwarded to the housekeeping department. Please be advised we are in the process of remodeling our older wing of the hotel and we also have a newer wing which we hope you will experience on your next visit.
Mesquite, Nevada
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Before I go into a rant, let me first say the all staff we dealt with was nice and professional. Now, the accommodations: Our first room had no hot water, so we were moved 3 doors down after maintenance failed to show. Both rooms had the same tired decor. If you LOVE Elvis and think smoky mirrors and shiny laminate are groovy, you are going to love this place! It has not been updated since the early 70s and comes with lots of mirrored walls and velvet pads in the walls (what exactly are those for?). And the view? Lots of old air conditioning units and a dirty roof. Our room was clean enough and be beds were comfortable, just really, really outdated. Even the casino area is old and dingy. The exterior of the property is in need of a powerwash.

Room Tip: If you have to stay at the Peppermill, ask for the 4th floor. There's two wings and the newer o...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WyomingPam
PeppermillHotelMngr, Manager at Peppermill Wendover Hotel Casino, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on trip advisor, all feedback is appreciated. We are happy to hear that the staff that you dealt with was helpful, it is our policy to always make the guest feel comfortable and enjoy their stay. First I would like to apologize for the inconvenience with maintenance not making it up to your room in a timely manner. We are also in the process of updating our rooms. Please be aware that we do have a new section in the Peppermill that has updated rooms which has received a lot of positive feedback. Once again thank for your comments, and we hope you visit us in the future and that we can make your stay an enjoyable one.
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Wendover
#6 of 7 in Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
#4 of 7 in Wendover

Been to Peppermill Wendover Hotel Casino? Share your experiences!