“quite nice”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Montego Bay Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in West Wendover
Langley City, Canada
“quite nice”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I returned from this resort three days ago. This was our first visit to the Montego and our second stay in Wendover. I really like the color schemes and decor throughout the property. We were given a double king room on the sixth floor. Our room was clean and comfortable. I loved the rich dark wood and the red or teal accents. The beds were very comfortable and the room quiet. The 6th floor is a non smoking floor but I did notice on Saturday night when it was super packed there was the smell of cigarette smoke coming through the ventilation system. Otherwise nice and fresh. The only thing I would have liked to have seen was a mini fridge in the room. The casino itself was quite nice and a good variety of slot machines and table games. We did really well there on the Thursday and Friday and then things seemed to tighten up on Friday night when the casino was packed for the weekend. My initial impression of the servers on the casino floor was not good. I do have to say that it was hard to get a beverage on several occasions and the servers I had were not very friendly. I went to the bar on multiple occasions to retrieve my own drink during the three days I spent there. The bar staff at the west end of the casino were not friendly at all and I felt I was ripped off when I had to pay $6.00 for my rum because I was told it came out of a glass bottle. It was just plain old Bacardi so I thought it was a bit of a scam. Especially when I knew how much money I was spending at the machines and couldn't find a waitress. Anyways, the bartenders at the central bar were much friendlier. Waitresses for the most part very stern. We made the rounds to the Rainbow and Peppermill and found the servers to be excellent. Smiles, wishing you luck when they brought your drink and coming by often. I think Montego needs to kick this up a notch. We found the restaurants to be very good. I am quite impressed with this little town and the overall quality of it's restaurants. We really enjoyed sitting outside in the sunshine
poolside. Even though the pool is not currently open we sat outside and enjoyed the sun next to a hottub. We love Wendover and will be returning to this property.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank happyholidayer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

In my opinion, this resort's ratings just went down. After having stayed at Montego Bay the past several months I have noticed several things that I haven't quite been happy with. With each reservation they tell you that check in is at 3 or 3:30, depending on which person you talk to. All four times we went these past months, we had to wait until 5 sometimes 6 pm to check in because "our room wasn't ready". This is unacceptable. The front desk crew are all rude and could care less and the whole housekeeping department is a joke. So wait two hours past checkin only to be given a filthy room? I really don't think they throughly clean the room between customers. When I asked for extra pillows, which took three calls, I was presented with two nasty smelly pillows that had obviously been used and not laundered. The management has made no obvious effort to put money back into the resort for upkeep. For three years now they have had a sign in the rooms, on the granite counter tops, that they are not dirty just need to be refinished. Well do it already! With the billions this resort takes in they shouldn't be greedy about refurbishing the rooms or the resort itself. Oh, not to mention the water stained ceiling in the women's bathroom upstairs. This place is starting to look just like the crap shoot across the street known as the Golden Nugget. Don't waste a dime at Wendover, better just to go to Vegas !!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sheekar
Williston, North Dakota
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed at the montegeo bay casino resort December of 2013, I gotta tell ya that place is a true outdated old dump, never again they should get it for false advertising the pictures of the rooms you see on the internet not even close to the real thing. The room I had was supposed to be a suite ya good one, was the worst hotel room I ever stayed at in a casino. The casino is very old and outdated the food was terrible, the service just plain sucked. Anybody who thinks this place is nice is crazy, Laughlin is old to but its a paradise compared to this dump!!!

Never again, never again

Steve J

Room Tip: never stay here , that's the best tip I have.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Steve J
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We stayed in a double king room for one night. Check-in was quick and seamless and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Once we arrived at the room after a long, winding walk through the many hallways, the room was of decent size and fairly clean. The hallway leading to the room smelled heavily of smoke and dirty gym socks. Fortunately for us, the room did not smell like the hallway.

The bathroom was in mostly good shape but in need of an update as the wallpaper was peeling and a few ceiling tiles were dirty/rotten looking. The bathroom towels were small and worn. There was a large open space in the armoire under the TV, a perfect spot for a mini-fridge, which would have been a nice amenity to have during our stay. We used the ice machine in the hallway, which was just around the corner from our room. The casino itself was brightly lit, crowded and fun, not an open table or slot machine to be had. We ate dinner at Romanza and quite enjoyed the prompt service and delicious hot food.

We only spent a small amount of time at the other casino's, but I'm glad we chose to stay at the Montego Bay as the other casinos/hotels seemed extremely dated, dark and dank.

My only real complaint was the value for the room. We paid $99 + tax and resort fee for one night. I had hoped for a better rate. It's Wendover after all, not Reno or Vegas. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kairlotta
Ingleside, TX
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Rooms are very nice with large king size beds and nicely arranged furniture. Bathroom was certainly large enough. Even had nice pictures hung in rooms and hall. The casino is a very pretty purple arrangement. The slots are tighter then they use to be in the mid 2000s. I was instrumental in over five different folks going to Wendover. For some reason they all received offers to visit again with a free flight and room from Wendover Fun.com. I never did. I went to
Don Laughlin's in Laughlin, NV. and the last four flights and rooms have been on them. Wendover is newer, cleaner and the Steak House is unsurpassed, but I now go to Laughlin just because of the finances.

Room Tip: Choose not smoking near the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Richard H
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed January 27, 2014

This hotel is centrally located and may be the nicest one in town. The room itself was in pretty good shape with clean linens. It seemed clean enough and smelled a little less like cigarettes than the hallway, which was nice. Bathroom needed some work. It was clean but worn out and the ceiling tiles were rotting and the toilet seat had been basically worn out with the white color missing from where so many rear ends had sat.

The hotel front desk staff was very nice and gave us rooms close to the other couple we were traveling with.

Grille was good with very quick service and prices were okay. The casino was pretty busy with lots of nickel and penny machines, which was cool to see. I think last time we couldn't seem to find anything less than a dollar.

Improvements might be better ventilation. I know the smokers are all excited as can be to have somewhere to smoke inside but there is a reason its been banned everywhere. The people who don't smoke hate it and its terrible to breath. I smoked for over ten years and so I get it, but I think its a little out of control.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor and the room was ok. Get to dinner early if you can, the lines really get...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank travelpanthers
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We just got back from our 51st trip to Wendover and staying at Montego Bay. We had a fun time along with super dinning, even came back with a little of their money. We ate at Romanza and had a excellent meal, the server (Jimmy) was awesume . We also ate at the Paradise Grill several times and everything was fine. The rooms are wonderful 2 king beds, 2 sinks and the staff couldn't be nicer. We would highly recommend this property and we look forward to our trip in March.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
#6 of 7 in Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
#4 of 7 in Wendover

Been to Montego Bay Casino Resort? Share your experiences!