“Fabulous Resort!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Montego Bay Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in West Wendover
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a wonderful time during our stay at Montego Bay Resort. Wished we could have stayed longer. Will definitely make return trip. The atmosphere at this resort is the best. Food was excellent and the gambling was so much fun. The rooms are wonderful - everything you need and more. I would recommend to everyone passing through Wendover to definitely stop and enjoy some time at this resort. Thanks for a great time!

Room Tip: I believe any room in this resort would be great!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dianne E
There are newer reviews for Montego Bay Casino Resort

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed in one of the Montego Bay's "sister-properties," The Peppermill, about 4-5 years ago and found it very nice, inexpensive (admittedly that was mid-week and this time was Fri-Sat) and a really good value. When I booked only the Montego Bay had availability on Friday and Saturday. The Montego Bay is really showing signs of wear and tear. The front desk told me I could wait an hour for a room closer to the elevators, or check in on time, then at 3pm. He said the room was not far from the elevators. The only way it could have been further is if he had put me out in the parking lot. I was in the last room in the far back of the hotel on the 7th floor (of seven floors). The room was garish and with all the mirrors I felt like I was on exhibit. Faux-marble counter tops chipped and stained. No fridge. Small screen TV with few very channels. Internet service charged for and very unreliable. Simple downloads always failed/interrupted. Not a single one ever finished successfully, so don't plan on doing any work over the internet there. I had to ask for more coffee for the chintzy little coffeemaker. No "Room Service." The electronic "credit card" style room key never worked on the first try, nor the second, nor the third, nor the fourth. Sometimes I was out there for what seemed forever trying to get either of the two keys to open the door. It always finally did, but only after many attempts. The tap water tasted amazingly good. Plenty of very, very hard hot water in the shower and sink. World War II towels. A/C worked well, but I do not need it cold and this was in early May. Not hot yet. I had to turn it off, until I nearly suffocated from the cigarette smoke. Although I had a "non-smoking" room, the order of cigarette smoke from the casino saturated the air, my clothes, my lungs. I guess it is hard to avoid when the hotel sits on top of a good-sized casino that still permits smoking. All of this I could have tolerated for $50-$60 a night, but this room was well more than double that, all in all close to $300 for two nights. Restaurants and coffee shops are quite pricey and the food is below average, if I want to be generous about at least that. All in all, not my best experience and bad enough that I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JohnSLC
Christopher M, Director of Hotels at Montego Bay Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for your comments and we apologize that you did not enjoy your recent stay or felt our pricing was too high. While our rooms do have mirrors and sit on a casino we don’t have issues in the rooms w/ smoke and am sorry if someone smoked in your room prior to your arrival. Our rooms actually have real marble in the bathrooms and marble on our furniture and while the décor is appreciated by most we apologize if you felt the marble was faux or the mirrors were too much. Our prices range from 99-129.00 on a typical Friday or Saturday night and 59.00 during the week. We do feel that the room rates are very competitive compared to many casino resorts in Las Vegas or Reno.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Check in was fast and easy.
No valet parking.
Room was very dark. Dark bedding, dark carpet, dark purple draperies.
Furniture was worn, one dresser drawer was broken.
We were 3rd floor and had a lovely view of the roof.
It was, however, reasonably clean.
Toiletries were sad... one shampoo, one bar of soap. no conditioner, no lotion.
Check in area/coffee shop/place to check award points are arranged very badly, no traffic flow at all! Always jammed w/people and no way to get around.
Casino was ok, we did appreciate the $5 blackjack.
Check out was equally as easy as check in.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Spent 3 nights at Montego Bay. The hotel was very nice. The rooms were spacious and clean.we enjoyed our stay. Having a shuttle bus to travel from hotel to hotel awesome. The pluses far outweigh the negative. The pool area was very clean. The food was very good although the service in Paradise Cafe was very slow. There is an ATV tour run by Brian and it was the highlight of our trip. He made us feel like we were the only tour in the world. The biggest negative was the cigarette smoke in all of the casino's. it was brutal. My clothes and my hair stank every time I walked through. I know the casinos try their best but for non smokers it is terrible. The drink service was also terrible. We were six women and we played a fair amount of slots. I was offered a drink 3 times in the entire time I was their. That includes all of the casinos. So if your thinking of having a ton of drinks forget. All of the small bills I brought went to the great shuttle drivers instead. Over all the hotel is very nice and I would go back again

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Capette123
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I drove to Wendover for a concert and it appeared online that the Montego Bay was the nicest hotel there. We definitely chose wisely- the others ranged from sad to yikes! The MB is dated, that's clear from the 50 foot neon sign out front. But it was obviously a luxury resort when built (circa 1985?), and I found the over the top colors and tropical theme charming.

Based upon trip advisor advice we asked for a remodeled room, and I'm glad. We got a glimpse of the old ones en route to the gym and they were sort of sad. The room had a perfectly fine mattress, lots of space, a fairly nice bathroom (marble counters but provided toiletries were subpar- no conditioner), and a flat screen TV. The carpet was new-ish and no icky comforters that never get changed.

We did have an impressive meal at Pancho and Willies in the Peppermill. Great service and really top-notch fine Mexican cuisine, especially the carnitas. Sunday night buffet at the Montego was also well done- I'm sorry we couldn't try Friday seafood night because of the concert.

The gym was also quaintly dated, but had all the basics, lots of windows, and was empty. The hottubs were also empty and were clean and hot. The (huge) pool wasn't open yet, and I'm curious what kind of scene that would be. There was a certain element of sketch to the other Wendover visitors. Amongst the mostly senior citizen crowd was a rough subset of 20-somethings. During our Travis Tritt concert, no less than three groups of people in the audience attempted to get into a brawl! So while I LOVE a day at the pool with cocktails I wouldn't be on board with a quasi-dangerous rough neck scene.

That's one reason I may not return. The other big one was the cocktail service while gambling. We do a lot of non-Vegas casino trips, and most small casino towns do a good job of giving you a bang for your buck, to make up for being not-Vegas. Here, after three days of several hours on the casino floor I think we got two cocktails total. My boyfriend plays the blackjack tables and I the slots, and several times we played for more than 40 minutes without being offered a drink. When we tried to cash in our comp tickets from the sports book, they were pretty lame about those being only good for the cheapest possible booze. (In Blackhawk, CO and Mesquite, NV, really whatever you want is free). At first we gave them the benefit of the doubt that this was because of the crowds, but got the same service on Sunday afternoon in a nearly empty casino.

The final big drawback was the smoke. Colorado has gone smoke free, and Vegas and even Mesquite do a good job of pumping it out of there. I've never been as irritated by cigarette smoke as at the Montego Bay. Every day we ended up stopping gambling sooner than planned because my eyes and throat were burning. When I got home, my suitcase made me gag.

Overall, the Montego Bay experience was in the middle of the spectrum for not-Vegas casinos. Leaps and bounds above Primm, NV, but not sure without a concert I'd choose to make the drive again when Mesquite is less smoke, more drinks, and a pool with a good crowd.

Room Tip: Ask for the remodeled wing, 6th floor for the view
1  Thank Pool_Afficianado
Reviewed May 3, 2013

You cannot beat this hotel for the price! Our room (4301) was perfect. Two king beds in a huge one room suite for a crazy cheap price. I was not expecting much for the price we were quoted on booking so I was thrilled and shocked when we entered the room. Huge, well appointed, spotlessly clean, quiet, and comfortable. Easy access high speed internet is free and lots of channels on TV. But you won't stay in your room. The casino is great with plenty of tables and slots that actually pay off! Several choices for restaurants and a shuttle to two other properties. We also found a great golf course within a mile or two so decided to extend our stay for another night. No problem. In fact, the front desk staff told me about a golf package. I highly recommend this hotel -- although I didn't see a regular hotel room, so probably shouldn't say this -- I would suggest paying a few dollars more for an upgraded room. Very nice accommodations and you can't beat the price!

1  Thank AntigoLS
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was my second time in Wendover, Nevada. The first time I stayed at the Rainbow and the rooms looked like they were back from the 80's but were clean. This trip was April 25 for 3 nights at the Montego Bay Casino. The rooms were quite large with updated furniture, flat screen and new carpets. The bathroom was very large with a tub and the toilet was hidden around the corner. There were many mirrors in the room but the light was not the greatest for make up. The beds were a bit to firm for me. As for gambling, I did not do well and had to get more money. I found the Golden Nugget and Rainbow slot machines kept me entertained longer.

Room Tip: As some of you are aware if you have been to Wendover previously..ask for a room near the elevators...
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Wendover
#4 of 7 in Wendover
Knights Inn Wendover
Knights Inn Wendover
#6 of 7 in Wendover

Been to Montego Bay Casino Resort? Share your experiences!