“First time staying at Rainbow,”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Rainbow Casino Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in West Wendover
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is our first time staying at the Rainbow, we took there junket from Eugene in Jan. We have stayed at the peppermill and Montego Bay, but I really enjoyed our stay at the Rainbow over either one of the other casino's. Service was much better and we had a cocktail waitress every time we needed one. Room's were nice, but tell them you want the west wing, much closer to casino and lobby. Since I work at a very large casino in Oregon I know what it is like to be over worked, but I found everyone there to be very friendly and willing to help with anything we needed. Eat at the steak house, very good menu and with the buy 1 get 1 free not to bad of price.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank waha100
There are newer reviews for Rainbow Casino Hotel

Reviewed January 12, 2014

time for another review, The slots are still set at near miss. I don't mean the normal third reel slip by but the way the high end slots, 1.00, 5.00, 10.00 dollar, third reel will stop in a non-normal way too stop any kind of payout.
Research shows that this is called a near miss setting.
These settings are mostly at the Rainbow and Montego Bay. The Peppermill is not much better but small wins are more frequent.
At the peppermill 2 weeks ago I registered a complaint about a 3-4-5 dollar slot that the symbols were not lining up centered on center line, that the bar(s) symbol would pay when just a bit of the bar symbol was only touching the center but when any 2, 3, 4, 5 pay symbol would touch the center line, that would not pay out. My concern was addressed and the slot mechanic did change all 3 symbol reels to line up centered. There was no regards to any money lost due to misaligned reels.

If playing the slots, pay attention to that third reel, you will notice that uncanny stop Vs the normal stop when the first two reels stop on center.

The Wendover Casinos has forgotten who keeps the lights on. If they continue to keep the slots on a low to zero pay back then they can expect more week day near empty casinos.

Good luck to all,

3  Thank Robert V
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Went to Wendover for the first time and stayed at the Rainbow. The room was beautiful, bed and pillows very comfortable. We had a jacuzzi suite which was outstanding. Downfall though, we have never come across such unhappy, unfriendly and rude staff! I think the 4 days we were there we came across one nice waitress. The bartenders and waitresses just glared at you if you asked for a drink, but certainly did not mind taking the tip. I acutally had to ask two not to be rude to people.... can you imagine in their industry! If I was relying on tips, the least I could do would be to smile. I actually made a comment to one worker about all the rude workers and she agreed!

6  Thank SurreyTravelGal
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We like staying at the Rainbow cause it's a short walk to the Red Garter and across the street is Mc Donalds. The room was ok but not outstanding in any way. It's suitable. The heat was a problem this trip in mid December. When we walked into the room it was stifling. It got better after we turned the wall unit off. The bathroom is ok and so was the bed. There is no room safe which would be a good feature rather than carrying your whole wad around. We never called housekeeping in. We'd grab some extra coffee and another towel and we were good. There was only one bar of soap for the bathroom. The wifi worked well.
We signed up for the slot tourney and got a free buffet each. And I succeeded in winning $50 free play. The buffet was good!
The 3 casinos have stopped sharing the shuttle with the Nugget and Garter. There's some kinda squabble going on. The Nugget does have a shuttle so walk across the skybridge and hook on.

1  Thank PATSYandSTAN A
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed in the "old" section of the hotel, what a mistake! The room's decor looked like a Bordello and the AC/heater made an awful noise. To Rainbow's credit they eventually did give us another room, however they were not friendly about it nor did they offer to help us move rooms. Casino staff were just as unfriendly. While gambling were were not offered drinks and when we asked we were questioned and then ignored. Would have killed them to give us a drink? The floor manager was extremely rude so we took ourselves and our money to another casino.

Room Tip: My suggestion is to avoid the Rainbow and find another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stvdmps
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We came back to Rainbow 11/28 -12/1/2013.....since we stayed at Montego Bay in May we decided to try Rainbow again. ....we like both,
but the main issue at Rainbow is that there is no way to regulate the temp in the rooms. The heating unit cant be set for a certain temp so it will be either too hot or too cold because it doesn't have an automatic shut off. Other than that its a nice place and the beds are comfy,the restaurants are decent and the best part is the house band-M8trix- they are very good
Next time its back to Montego Bay mainly because of the temp issue.....but there is no band so I will have to shuttle back and forth.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank luvmx215
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed at the Rainbow for the first time this past weekend. We have never been to Wendover before and not really sure what to expect. Our total package price was very cheap at $300 bucks in total for the air, hotel and taxes for two. We figured we'd try it and chose the Rainbow because the weather is cooler now and it is the only hotel in Wendover with an indoor pool. Check in was extremely efficient. We arrived with a bus full of other hotel guests so I thought we'd be there for awhile. Not so, everything had been organized in advance and we were all through in maybe five minutes. I had read in previous comments that the pool is located in the East wing so I requested a room close to it. Our room is in the East wing which is older and I was told by hotel staff that these rooms are not usually reserved for a package such as ours. Normally we would have ended up in the renovated West wing. Our room was in need of an update but was quiet, close to the pool and the beds were comfy. Not super clean either but we made do. If you stay in the newer side you will have to travel through the casino to get to the pool area. Not a problem, just be aware that you will have to change or haver something suitable to travel through the casino in. The poll area itself was clean and had a small deck outside with about 5 loungers. There is also a hot tub and plenty of pool towels. The thing I didn't like was that there is no shower located in the pool area. The change room/washroom is located outside by the deck. Could be cold in the winter. We met someone in the pool who was staying at Montego but came to Rainbow to use the pool. Didn't know that was an option. Met someone else on the plane who was staying at the Peppermil and tried to go to Rainbow to use the pool and was told no, so a bit of confusion regarding this. The casino was nice. Slots were looser than at home but we really didn't win anything. Bar service was good at the games. Bar service at the actual bars was o.k. but I found the bartenders to be a little huffy. The rest of the hotel staff, servers, etc. were very good and friendly. I enjoyed the live band which played in the evenings. Dress code was pretty much anything goes. Some dress up and some don't. I was really impressed with the restaurants. Ate at the buffet, the coffee shop, used the deli, bought items at the central coffee bar and ate at the steakhouse. All of the restaurants were very clean, good service and great food. The decor in all of the restaurants was also very tasteful and nice. Our meal at the steakhouse was fantastic. We had a fun weekend in Wendover and will be back again. I will likely try one of the other resorts next time just to see what they are like too. I would stay at the rainbow again but it would have to be in the new section. Contact me for any additional info if you like.

Room Tip: choose west side renovated section
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
#4 of 7 in Wendover
Knights Inn Wendover
Knights Inn Wendover
#6 of 7 in Wendover

Been to Rainbow Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!