“Ho Ho Ho Merrily Blackout Chirstmas” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rainbow Casino Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in West Wendover
Rainbow Casino Hotel
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in West Wendover
A TripAdvisor Member
“Ho Ho Ho Merrily Blackout Chirstmas”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2003

Our most recent experience was a total Wendover Hotel room Blackout. You would think as a paying guest you would be more respected. All of Wendover had a Power outage but the RAINBOW Casino was all aglow with money still chingalinging in the slots. While paying guest at the hotel recieved a BIG LUMP OF COAL. No electricty at all, complete darkness in their rooms only. They sectioned the rooms off and turned fire alarm on around 8:00 am to remove guest and clean the rooms. Low and behold the front desk about a hour later was filling thiese empty rooms with new arrivals. Is this anyway to treat guest do you think?

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Layton, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2003

We have visited Wendover for years. It has been a destination place for our family. Always stayed at the Silver Smith, it was our home away from home. Now so much has changed, that we decided to step out of our comfort zone and saw that Rainbow had an indoor pool and since that is a therapeutic help to me and my daughter (19) loves to swim, that helped my husband and I decide to try The Rainbow.The first and last impression is your front desk, right? Right. What a disaster. It wasn't busy, but the desk clerks were all standing around gabbing and not paying any attention to anyone. We arrived Sunday, December 14 -17. I knew we were early, but when the young man (Garrett) came to help us, he acted like we were criminals. "You're way early!" It was 2:20p.m. "So your rooms aren't made up yet." I asked him to check and he did. "No, they're not ready." We had no where to go so we thought we could tour a bit or sit on your soft leather couch, as he immediately turned his back on us. But then he said, "If you really want to do this right, and miss the "rush", you should come back between 4 and 4:30 p.m." Three people overheard him give us these instructions.Your check in time is 3:00 p.m, right? Why did he do that to us? First time visitors.....and I work for the state of Utah. If I treated customers like he did, no one would visit. So we wandered a bit and sat a bit, then came back and asked about the pool and he said, "Oh, when you get your check in items, there will be a map." Why couldn't he just have given us a map? We were trying to keep busy till check in.Finally at 3:00 p.m. I noticed two couples come in and check right in. Being almost afraid to come back until the time he designated 4 4:30 p.m., I approached another young hispanic man who was very nice, told me our rooms were ready and checked us right in! And you know what, there was never a "rush" as Garrett insinuated, two couples! Two couples is all that were in line..... Is that a rush? but what a damper he put on our staying at your hotel. Not a smile, not a "Sorry", not even a "Why don't you look around till 3PM and I'll let you know when the rooms are ready." Just a "come back between 4 - 4:30 to avoid the rush." What a joke!We found your front desk to be less than friendly, at least to first-time visitors, but were having such fun with each other, you had to wait till they finished their conversations, going in and out of the back office, before they would even help and then they acted like we were such a bother.It is a shame! To let the first and last impression of a hotel be an unfriendly, uncaring, and very unkind front desk. I was shocked and discouraged to ever find such a place. My family and I will not be back. Surprise! I know that probably doesn't mean a thing to you people, but I guaranty when the visitors here in Utah ask me about Wendover and where to stay, it will be the good old (Silver Smith) Montego Bay where I am still treated like a valuable commodity to their establishement. Whether you are owned and operated by the same conglomerate, the staffs are certainly different. It hurt to be treated with such arrogance when we had such great anticipation of good memories of your establishment.And I work with visitors to Utah from Bear Lake to Lake Powell. I wonder what the visitors to my state would think if I told them they had to wait about two hours to avoid the "rush"? Better still, what do you believe they would do?"Enough said.DG

20 Thank DG686227

Travelers are raving about these West Wendover hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2003

We are frequent visitors of the Rainbow Casino and its sister casino the Peppermill. In the past we were treated very poorly, very condesending etc. Up until the time they introduced the players club. Now we get rooms etc. every time we call. They didnt pay much attention to us because we always played the nickle machines even though they were the interactive machines that take up to 60 nickles a roll. We are very happy they introduced the players club now and we get the comps we deserve. Very smart move on their part. They own every casino in Wendover except 2 and those 2 are so lame no one goes there. So Im glad they decided to have the players club.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2003

After being quoted three different rates over the phone, I attempted to pay for a room, in order to lock in that rate. That obviously did not work, as upon check out, a fourth rate was quoted and applied. After being presented with evidence of at least three of the previous four rates, management in a haughty and condescending manner, agreed to be bound by one of them. (Not the lowest one, by the way) While being forced to haggle w/management, I noticed four or five other people having the same problem. Steer clear of this clip joint and its sister casinos, the Peppermill and the Montego Bay. As long as hordes of people bring their money in from Utah, what do these casinos care if they screw over a citizen or twenty?

22 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver, B.C., Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2003

Eye catching decor! Will keep you in a trans while you gamble.
Definetely a gambler's paradise. Excellent hospitality.

5 Thank kurima
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2003

Dear Rainbow Hotel of Wendover, Nevada:I could not believe it when I stepped into our luxurious suite at your hotel. It was a suite fit for a King!!! The Casino was fantastic. The lights were bright! Wall to wall television sets with lots of sports; and oh yes, plenty of fun and new slot machines. I loved your hotel better than any I have stayed at in Las Vegas or Reno. The Buffet was great as well as the staff were exceptional!Looking forward coming back soon!!!Timothy Guy Ide Penticton, British Columbia Canada

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2003

Stayed on a Sunday night for $39. The room was spacious and clean and done in just the right amount of fancy/tacky casino style. The buffet was overpriced and had mediocre food. I believe its the only casino hotel with a pool. Casino is decorated well, but loaded with penny machines and dollar machines. We had to search for the quarter machines. The entire time we were there, did not notice even ONE person hitting big.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#6 of 7 in Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
Motel 6 Wendover
#4 of 7 in Wendover

Been to Rainbow Casino Hotel? Share your experiences!