“Clean and Convenient”
Review of Motel 6 Wells

Motel 6 Wells
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Wells
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Easy check-in, clean room, easy access. The beds are harder than we prefer. A mattress topper would correct that. Very, very clean. I would definitely stay here again when traveling this way.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Wells

Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Hardly room to move around with the table and two chairs in addition to the bed. Pretty clean. Bed and bedding only okay. Worth what we paid, not any more.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed June 25, 2012

First off, this is a no frills motel. I really wanted to stay in Wells, and other TripAdvisor reviews convinced me this motel might be okay. The room was very small, but it was also very clean. The bed was a little harder than I like, but it was okay. I arrived very late, but was quickly checked in. This room cost me less than $50, so I consider it was a good value. It did not have all the amenities you get in more expensive rooms, but I didn't expect more at the price! My main criteria, safe and clean, were met. I would stay at this motel if I were in Wells again. I would recommend it to others as long as they understood they were staying at a budget motel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2012

The rooms are clean mattresses comfortable a great rest right off I80. Pets stay free.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank 21susie
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We had driven all day, bad weather most of the way, we were very glad to be in Wells and end the journey for the night. When my granddaughter and I walked into the room, we just stopped --- dirty carpet, horrible smell (maybe, someone knocked over a bong?), old style television, no coffee maker, nylon Motel 6 logo bedspreads, a new heater/air conditioner had been installed and one of the beds would no longer fit on that side - so they put the only nightstand in that corner, shifted the beds away from their headboards - which left no nightstand between the beds - and definitely gave the room an odd look. Oh my goodness! There is dry cat food on the carpet. My husband walked in - stopped - staring. It had been a very LONG day - we had already unloaded the truck and figured we didn't have much choice. Folded both bedspreads out of our way - kept our shoes on to keep our feet from touching the carpet - sitting on the edge of the bed I looked over and there was someone's dirty sock in the TV stand! To the motel's defense - we received a call from the front desk asking if everything was okay - I explained the dirty room, dirty sock, cat food on the floor - the front desk person was very nice and wanted to switch us to another room - truthfully, I didn't think one would be in different than the one we were in - so we declined. The cleaning staff definitely needs either training or someone overseeing their work.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else?
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Thank goodness only staying one night.
Was very surprised it came with a fridge, microwave, but NO coffee pot.
The man behind the counter was very polite. The room was clean, just small.
But I guess for 53.53 can't complain.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed January 22, 2012

We were exhausted and managed to get to Wells in bad weather. We called to let the hotel know we would be quite late checking in. The man assured us there would be no problem. Upon arrival, I was greeted by a friendly clerk who was very quick with the paperwork. The room, though basic, was very clean. The linens looked a bit dated but the bed was fine. The shower was hard and hot. The towels were clean, the heater worked fine. There was free coffee in the office in the morning. Basics only but for the price and only needing a place to sleep and shower and hit the road again, I was pleased. Our room was near the office yet we weren't kept awake by cars or noise. If I ever needed to stay over night in Wells again, I'd stay at this Motel 6.

• Stayed: January 2012