“They refuse to cancel a reservaton”
Review of Super 8 Wells

Super 8 Wells
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Wells
California
“They refuse to cancel a reservaton”
Reviewed July 25, 2007

DO NOT attempt to cancel a reservation at this hotel! I made a reservation with the hotel directly and used my credit card. A couple of days later our plans changed and I called to cancel the reservation. This was over a week before the date we were to arrive. I was told the reservation was cancelled. When I got my credit card bill I had been charged for the room. I called the hotel and spoke to the manager, Susan. She said she would only reverse the charge if I could prove to her that I had cancelled the reservation. I asked to talk to the General Manager. Susan said she would ask him to call me. I called back the next day when I didn't receive a call from the General Manager. Susan said that the General Manager agreed with her that I would have to prove that I cancelled the reservation and that he was too busy to call and talk to me. I have disputed the charge with my credit card company, but seems that customer service is not one of Wells Super 8's priorities!

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank shammer22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Coquitlam, B.C.
Reviewed November 20, 2005

I have read a bad review of this motel on this site, but that wasn't our experience. We had requested a room with 2 queen beds, and the room was HUGE! A real bonus for our family of 5, as sometimes we are tripping over eachother in a small hotel room.

I wouldn't say this is a luxury place to stay, but it was clean, spacious, and provided a nice continental-type breakfast for us the next morning. There apparently used to be a restaurant attached to this motel, but not anymore. We ate down the road at a casino instead. There's not much to Wells -- we felt like we were in the middle of nowhere. This is certainly not a destination hotel, but it served our purposes well. We would stay there again. (It has a pool, too, but it's outdoors, and it was way too cold when we were there in early November.)

• Stayed November 2005
10 Thank Jacquelyn Lee
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 12, 2005

THIS HOTEL WAS NOT FIT FOR A STRAY DOG! IN FACT YOU WOULD GET
better treatment if you were a dog. We went in the bathroom and flushed the toliet and crap started coming out of the toliet yes crap!
They offered us no other room,so we were trappped in a room with crap,when i called the front desk , a kid brought me a plunger!
dont ever stay here its a toxic waste dump!

20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
enrique b, Manager at Super 8 Wells, responded to this review, October 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to notify us of the problems you encountered during your stay with us. Reports such as this enable us to scrutinize the quality of customer service to the traveling public we take customer service very seriously and it is our intent to always provide the best service possible to our valued customers