“Poor room up keep”

Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Wells
HENDERSON
“Poor room up keep”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Room 116, No weather strip at door. Gap underdoor over 1/2" in middle. POOR cable reception in the two rooms I stayed.

Room 106, AC wiring exposed with wire nuts and electrical tape.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Naches, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

The room was big which was nice, the floor infront of the bathroom really needs repairs it was real soft when you walked over it, the light over the mirror didn't work, the bathtub was not good at all, it needs to be replaced bad.
We have stay in much nicer Super 8

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Rooms smelled like smoke, carpets were so disgusting that I could not take off my shoes. The manager or whoever he was was very nice. Bed seemed pretty clean. Breakfast was a joke. Will not stay here again. Canceled my second nights reservation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Liverpool, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

For us the Super 8 was in right place at the right time and so on that basis ideal. On a road trip and at the end of a long drive from Yosemite heading up to Jackson, we opted to leave the freeway at Wells and located this establishment.

You don't really need anything more than what it offers : Its cheap (very cheap), has large spacious rooms and friendly staff.
We heard no noise from neighbors, and the room was clean if in need of a face-lift. Free wifi is a boon and we got good net speed.

The morning breakfast in the reception area provided all the essentials for a quick bite before you leave, e.g. jam and toast with some fruit to eat in the car suited us fine.

We did simply use this as a place to go, sleep and leave so I can't really comment on the location or local places to go, there was a lot of fast food restaurants around so if you need to grab food before sleep this would fit nicely.

Overall if it's for 1 night and just for sleep use it, if you plan on spending any real time in the room fork out more for an upmarket hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Oroville, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Oh man! I've stayed in hotels all over the U.S., Canada, and Europe, and this was the worst hotel I've ever been to. I've never seen such a terrible place. I tripped going up the stairs, because the material was loose. The hotel looked nice from the outside, but the inside was horrible. The walls and ceiling had some serious water damage, the floor had stains and felt like it was about to collapse, and the bathroom was filthy! The toilet, sink, and shower looked like they haven't been cleaned in months, probably because they haven't. I was afraid to take a shower or touch anything. I was afraid I would get a desease. And that horrible smell! You could tell the room was full of mold. Anyways, the entire building was falling appart. You could tell it hasn't been remodeled in decades. We thought the beds were gonna fall through the floor. I didn't get much sleep that night.
The room cost us $60 for one night, but it should've cost 6, not 60!
This hotel should be shut down! It's a serious safety hazzard!
I've stayed in Super Motel 8s around the country, and I've always felt like I was in a condo. I was shocked by this Motel 8!
The only plus to it, was that the rooms were really big, I don't like them cramped, but the place was filthy. I was afraid I would get a rash or something from the bed sheets and pillows. They prob. only get changed once a week, maybe not even that.
WOW! Never seen such a filthy place, but every hotel I've stayed at in Nevada has been filthy and falling appart. They're kind of in the middle of nowhere, and therefore don't get any maintenance. This one was by far the worst though! I would recommend not staying in Wells at all. Just head to the Utah side of Wendover, or Elko. Just boycott the whole town, and don't sleep here at all! I heard other hotels in town are just as bad.
How this hotel hasn't been shut down yet, is a mystery! Unbelievable!

Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/222f03/#ixzz23Ye45CIH