“Great Value, Big rooms”
Review of Super 8 Wells

Super 8 Wells
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Wells
Reviewed September 17, 2011

I was traveling from Ca. going east, nearly midnight and 500 miles into the trip I needede to stop and get some sleep.
I stopped in here at the super 8, got a ground floor room, and went on in. It does need a bit more TLC (weed in flower beds etc), but clean room + lots of room (approx.15x20 ft pluss bath area.
At this price level its not bad and I would stop in again, it's not a resort, just a reasonbly priced, well lighted motel with clean rooms and a good bed....
If you want more you probably are not going to find it under 50 bucks a night. Out here in the middle of the Nevada desert at midnight.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed July 21, 2011

My husband and I were traveling home via motorcycles from San Jose, California to Kansas City area. We had been staying in Super 8 hotels the entire 18 day trip so we were sure that this would be a good experience. I called and booked the reservation based on the photos on the website...WRONG IDEA...the pictures must have been taken at another hotel or when the building was first built....The floors were filthy, the bathtowels looked like they had been used to wash a muddy truck with therefore we didn't take showers. The floors also looked like they had pet hair all over them. the sheets were very dingy so we used sheets that we had with us to sleep on top of then threw them away. The odor was terrible. The lobby is basically the livingroom of the management as they live in the hotel. Come to find out most of the guests staying there, actually live there.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SEWGUEPHY
Reviewed July 10, 2011

On July 9 the last day of our vacation we stop at your motel for the night with the plans of having a nice relax evening just watching tv and relaxing and sleeping until we wake up
on our own without the alarm clock.before the last day of our journey home

We were very disapponted and upset with the condition of the room. Listed below are my complaints

a. The room was very dirty

1. We wash the dirt off of the table with one of your wash cloths, it was black with dirt.

2. The towels was old and very dingy, They did not look clean. We very leery of taking
a shower and using them, so we didn't

3. The floor was dirty and stained.. The floor look like it hadn't been cleaned in a very l long time and had dog urn stains on them that looks like they just let it dry and not
. cleaned it. Which can be very unhealthy.

b Bed

1, Unconfortable and lumpy

2. Took off the blanket and bedspread because I didn't know how long it has been
since they had been cleaned and looking at the condition of the rest of the room
I figured it had been a long time.

3. When I took off the blanket and bedspread I had found that they had used
a full size fitted sheet instead of a queen sheet., it was also dingy and wasn't
sure that they had changed the sheets.

In the end we got some sleep and left at 4 am.

We had stayed at a Super 8 in Kennawick Wa. It was very clean and figulred they would
all be the same. Boy were we surprised and disappointed.

The room was pretty cheap but I would have rather paid more money for a nice clean
room and been confortable in it.

Room Tip: make sure it is one of the new Super 8's
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank fmdavis
Reviewed July 1, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night (thank heaven it was ONE!) at this motel and it was by far the very worst in my life. The room was dirty, the entire motel was in need of maintenance. My husband is an early riser and upon attempting to take a shower, there was no hot water. This is the first time I've had a bad Super 8 experience. BEWARE!

Room Tip: The young woman at check-in was excellent, but....
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cdajane
Reviewed January 22, 2011

The two front desk girls were absolutely friendly and helpful they made use feel welcome. The rooms were super clean the breakfast area was clean and delicious. The morning male was very talkative and friendly overall a good experience.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2010

The lobby smelled like moldy oranges and the skins on the oranges were so old they were hard. The smell of mold hit as soon as the door was opened to the room and the floor was spongy under the carpet in front of the sink. The clerk at the desk seemed to be aware that there was a problem in that room. The internet system was down at the time and we had to pay cash for the room. On the good side, the room was generally clean. The sign said "AAA approved" but it was not listed in their accommodation book.

• Stayed: November 2010
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I went through Wells with a group of friends, and we thought we would stay at the Super 8, because it was a brand that we knew and we thought it had to be alright. Boy were we wrong. We got two rooms, as there were 8 of us. One of the rooms was full of dead flies. They were all over the floor. We asked for a new room, and we did receive it. Both of the rooms we ended up staying in had really old stained carpet. In one room, the bathroom door was too big for the frame and it wouldn't close. Honestly, if I ever have the misfortune of being in Wells, NV again, I will just sleep in my car.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends