“Good Flavor nice atmosphere”
Review of Cafe Del Rio

Cafe Del Rio
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Carson City, NV
“Good Flavor nice atmosphere”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

They get a bit harried, but the food is grand! Get a reservation and avoid their mixed drinks and you'll have a great time.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank kandnico

San Francisco, California
“I forgot to read my trip advisor!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We came for the weekend from SF and stayed in VC it was a beautiful day and we were hungry on the advice of a guy who looked like Santa with a donkey we went into Café Del Rio it was charming we had a long wait, it was packed once we were seated our tall blonde waitress left us we did see her laughing and sitting with other customers she brought them chips water we never got anything, she must have known we were from out of town! We did order food my husband and I wanted to share a salad and an entrée and then dessert but she looked at us like we were from another planet she said we would have to pay $2.00 for the extra plates the food might have been good if it was hot! It was cold and she never checked back to see if it was good? The salad was good we didn't mind paying for the extra plate but we really wanted dessert and coffee but we did not want to make her do something else for us? We upset her again by asking if they took American Express they do not! We could have drove back over the hill in the time it took for us to get a table and service not kidding! We asked her if where we could find some of Samuel Clemens work? Weird considering where we were? Virginia City is like stepping back in time and Café Del Rio was such a disappointment! Next time we will just keep giving the donkey the $2.00 he was cuter, funnier and faster!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Jill J
Idaho
“Bright spot in a tourist town”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stopped here on a busy Sunday morning. We had to wait a bit to be greeted, but once they had a moment to greet us, we were immediately seated and the service was prompt and the food came quickly. I had a delicious chicken burrito, my husband had a breakfast plate. This was fresh, excellent Mexican food. I don't expect this quality of food in such a spot.

• Visited May 2013
San Diego, California
“Great food in a touristy town”
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Friends I was visiting took me to Virginia City specifically to eat at this restaurant, and it did not disappoint. We received prompt service on a Saturday afternoon, and the food was plentiful. I ordered carnitas, which were very good, and my friends ordered fish and chicken tacos. Everyone left very full and very happy.

Visited May 2013
Germantown, TN
“Really Yummy!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We saw this place In trip advisor and decided to try it. The service was just right. The chicken enchilada was very good, order one, the portion was perfect. The stack with an egg was sooo good! The red sauce with beef was something I'll remember for a while. Great spot!!

• Visited April 2013