Virginia City Inn
Sugarloaf Mountain Motel & Market(Virginia City)(Great Value!)
$135
$159
$59
$199
$115
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmini fridgecivil warthe ownerwould stay here againstayed here for one nightbed was comfortablesmall showeran awesome viewwestern themejetted tubold westthe main streetchecking inpiper's opera housecute placetwo nightsfree wifi
Reviewed March 17, 2010

We checked in very late, after a harried drive up the hill to get to VC, but the owner came to the office and was very friendly. Quickly gave us a room, had stopped in to turn on the heater before she checked us in. Suggested we park our car in a different spot due to weather. Gave us extra pillows, and made sure we had all our needed supplies for the evening. Room was nice, beds were extremely comfortable. TV, microwave, mini fridge. no phone or alarm clock, but we didn't need those things. The next morning we heard a knock on the door and was told there was coffee in the office, if we wanted it. We only had the one night to spend, but I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010
1  Thank tanglelocks
Reviewed October 2, 2009

This was the best motel experience I've ever had. Friendly atmosphere; I really felt part of the VCM family during my recent week's stay. The room was exceptionally clean; I particularly noticed that the towels were soft and fragrant! : ) I parked my rental car and hiked back and forth into town a couple of times each day. As others have noted, the walk might be a bit too much for anyone who isn't accustomed to a lot of walking, but it worked fine for me. The manager and maintenance guy went out of their way to make me feel welcome and comfortable - even moving a picture I admired from another room into mine! The weekly rate was very reasonable; I'll be back, and hope to see you there!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank dustypony21
Reviewed August 15, 2007

We stayed at the Virginia City Motel last weekend, and what a relaxing stay it was! The room was spotless, the bed was comfortable (although being a double, it was a bit small). As far as walking to town, it's pretty much on our maximum length for a casual stroll as you need to walk uphill to get back to the motel. So...you may want to take your car to the bottom of the hill (by the former school building) and walk to town from there.

We had a great time at the motel and in Virginia City; one night was not enough as there is so much to see and do there; we plan on returning to explore the mines, and also to ride the Virginia and Truckee Railroad, which is in the process of being extended to Carson City. We'll be back!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank John A
Reviewed June 15, 2006

I have stayed twice at this quaint, quiet motel in historic Virginia City. I plan on going up again at the end of the summer, it is a wonderful getaway. The rooms are clean, furnished in an old-west motif. The proprietress is friendly and very knowledgeable about the town and it's history. While in Virginia City I highly recommend visiting the old cemetary at the top of the hill on the edge of town, fabulous old graves from the 1800's. I have made Virginia City and the Virginia City Hotel a yearly destination. Reno is only about 40 minutes away for those who crave a more action-packed day. This motel is walking distance from "downtown" Virginia City. Have a beer at the Bucket of Blood Saloon, then stroll back to the motel! Enjoy

• Stayed: August 2005
5  Thank Rick M
Reviewed September 14, 2004

The rooms at the Virginia City Motel are clean and newly remodeled & furnished. The grounds are kept neat. The owner is very accommodating. The regular rooms for 2 are spacious and have jacuzzi's/shower. There is one apartment available that has separate living room, 1 bath., full kitchen, and separate bedroom. Great views from the apartment of surrounding hills. Internet access is available in all rooms except the apartment - which is rented out in the off season. There is no phone in the apartment for this reason. Dogs are very welcome here. The owner's horse is behind the motel, and loves any proffered apples you may have. The location is just out of the main town - a nice walk for exercise. Not much need for cab service here, so if you over-imbibe and don't want to drive back to motel, the local sheriff offers free rides - back to the motel, of course. The only downside was that a 'no smoking' policy was not told to us on reserving our rooms - an oddity in the wild west of Nevada. Wish a choice was offered.

• Stayed: January 2005