“Interesting”
Review of Silver Queen Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Virginia City
Silver Queen Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Virginia City
Reviewed May 4, 2006

I love Virginia City and go there as often as I can. I did however decide to stay there over night this time. I had a bit of a cel phone problem, it wouldn't stay charged! This is an interesting hotel to stay in, especially alone. There is no tv, no phone, no clock, no alarm, no ac, not a whole lot of privacy all together. It was nice for a change. The room was tidy. There also are no lamps beside the bed, not good when you get woke up by loud creepy stuff going on just outside the door! This place is haunted big time! If you stay there, take a friend, unless you aren't afraid of the dark. I would stay there again for sure. I felt like I had taken a step back in time.

• Stayed: April 2006
12  Thank AGCCSMOM

Reviewed January 2, 2006

we stayed in room 11 and found a lot of "spirited activity" our emf meters where going off throughout the night; a small red feather was found on the floor and was not there when we arrived. from: www. ghosthunters2seek.yahoo.com

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
18  Thank DAVID S
Mammoth Lakes, California
Reviewed July 21, 2005

Being history nuts, we stayed at the Silver Queen Hotel. As we were being handed our room key, someone in the office/saloon downstairs made a comment to us about watching out for the ghosts. The room we stayed in was supposed to be one of the 'most haunted'. We really did not expect much in the way of haunts, and after an evening of gambling, we went to our hotel room exhausted. We sat there for a minute and all was quiet. We joked with each other that no self-respecting ghost would bother with us. We spoke too soon. I was just about to fall asleep when my husband sat up and pushed my shoulder. He asked, "Do you hear that?" I listened for a minute. "It sounds like someone is tuning a banjo in the room next door" I said. I told him to peek through the key hole. He did. Nothing/no one there. He said it was the sound of an old 4-string. We agreed it was strange, but went to sleep for the night.....we thought. At about 2:15am, my husband was sitting up again, and shook me awake. "Listen!" he said. "Do you hear that?!" We heard a couple argueing outside our door. He opened the door slowly, the argueing continued but..there was no one there. A pounding on the door an hour later woke us up. No one there. As we were checking out the next morning, I took pictures. One photo shows an orb in the middle of the hallway. Exciting!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2003
30  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reno, Nv.
Reviewed October 18, 2004

V. C. is the perfect weekend get away. A short drive from Reno makes it the spur of the moment destination. The Silver Queen is the only hotel for me. The owner, I believe his name was Tiny, and his staff just give you that warm and fuzzy feeling.
I always stay in the honeymoon suite (even w/o a honeymoon). It has a fabulous view of town, the biggest clawfoot bathtub and I could go on and on about the antique barber chair located a couple feet from the tub. The free chocolate is an added bonus. After a few pool games at Red Dog Saloon, many night caps at the Mark Twain Saloon, watching an awsome sunrise, I found the stair case to be a little challenging. (You can always find something to do in V.C. what ever the hour, if you only look)

25  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cherry Valley California
Reviewed October 3, 2004

The staff was fantastic rooms were clean and neat. We stayed in the room over looking the street, what a view!!!!! But there was no gost's To bad

11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Clearwater, fl
Reviewed October 19, 2003

I just loved the way it really is the way it was back in the 1870's there is not much to do after 9pm except going to the bars and gamble and there are no table games in any casinos to bad as I thought I was going to play some blackjack but the slots are very loose. I enjoyed the weekend and would go again they say that around Christmas is a very pretty time in the city. If you stay at the queen find Darla or Rick that work there and tell them Fireman/Harley Mike from Clearwater, FL turned you on to the place I had a blast and you will too as for room 9 let's just say there are many past life's still hanging around !

17  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NY
Reviewed June 13, 2003

my fiance and i both fell in love with this quaint really historical hotel. We want to go back there and tie the knot! we were told by the owners that the Captain and Tenille married there, they have a cute little old fashioned chapel, with a great old time red velvet love seat that reminded me of the days of harlots!!!

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa
Gold Hill Hotel
Gold Hill Hotel
#2 of 5 in Virginia City

Been to Silver Queen Hotel? Share your experiences!