“Amazing western music”

Bucket of Blood Saloon
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Most Saturdays and Sundays David John and the Comstock Cowboys play at the Bucket of Blood. You can't beat them for good old fashioned western music. Go early and grab a chair to hear old favorites like Cool, Clear Water and Cattle Call. There is lots of variety, the show is four hours long (two to six), and the band really is good. No cost for admission and the drinks are reasonably price.

2  Thank Digsdarlin
There are newer reviews for Bucket of Blood Saloon

Reviewed July 12, 2012

Just like a lot of the old "historical bars" in the U.S., you can see the history in the architecture and furnishings but this isn't really a place I'd want to hang out in, it's more of a tourist destination. A place you can say you've been to and/or had a drink in. I can now say I've done both of the above.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

If you want to feel like you're in the old west, then a visit to the Bucket of Blood is a must. I've been coming to this saloon since I was 6 years old, and this place never disappoints.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stopped in Bucket of Blood at the urging of a friend who had been. She wasn't kidding about the bloddy mary's. They were great. Not too spicy. Pickled green bean instead of an olive or celery. Packed a punch (which I didn't realize until I went to leave). We sat at slots to play while we drank, and both walked out way ahead!

A word of warning...if you buy a t-shirt, try it on. I bought a ladies tee and decided to change before we left. Good thing, because what should have been loose on me, wouldn't come close to fitting. Bought the next size up, which I should have been swimming in, and it was very form fitting. Mentioned it to the cashier and she agreed their women's shirts ran small (but didn't bother saying anything when I bought the first one).

We were here on a Monday before lunch, so it was pretty quiet. Got to look at all the old pictures and take lots of snapshots.

3  Thank carivt
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The Comstock Cowboys were great on stage, the Saloon was standing room only, the western atmosphere takes you back to another time & place.

1  Thank East2West50