New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Best B&B Ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cobb Mansion Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Virginia City
Cobb Mansion Bed and Breakfast
You added Cobb Mansion Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Alameda, California
“Best B&B Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I had trouble understanding how ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT of traveler reviews were giving the Cobb Mansion an "Excellent" rating, but after our stay last weekend, I understand. Thank you for the red-carpet treatment and a memorable stay in one of VC's treasures.

Room Tip: Paul gave us a tour of all the rooms and you can't go wrong in this beautiful, historic home.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Tia W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Laporte, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This was a wonderful experience, Paul and Jeff could not have provided us with a more memorable time. From the tour of the mansion with the guacamole and wine, to the historical tour in the antique car, the experience was a dream come true. The food was unbelievably delicious and the service exceptional. Spending time in the kitchen with Andrea and Jeff, as they readied breakfast was noteworthy in itself. Their movements were synchronized so that no effort was wasted and we found they Jeff arose at 3:30 to make the cinnamon rolls. This type of attention to detail is rarely found in any such institution.
The one thing that impressed me more than anything else, maybe I should say in addition to everything else, was the cleanliness of the room. I dropped my earring under the bed and there was not a speck of dust onthe floor, under the bedside table or under the edges of the drapes.
Clearly, this is THE place to stay while you are visiting this historic city.

Room Tip: All the rooms were wonderful. The first floor is handicapped accessible; our room on the second flo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Mrsdoctor1
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is the most beautiful inn we've ever visited! The breakfasts were delicious and elegant and the accommodations impeccable! We particularly enjoyed hearing about the inn and Virginia City history (especially the ride in the 1948 Chrysler woody)! The owners, Jeff and Paul are wonderful ambassadors for visitors to Virginia City.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Michele B
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is one of the most beautiful Inn's I've ever visited. The Mansion is exquisite and the service is superb. I highly recommend the Cobb Mansion to anyone traveling through Northern Nevada. It's the perfect combination of history and luxury.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Brenna R
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed at Cobb Mansion for our Anniversary, Paul & Jeff were great. We were treated like royalty while we were there. From the cocktail hour which included a tour of the mansion and homemade guacamole dip (great stuff) to breakfast the next morning(excellent) it was a fantastic time. Then to top it off Paul took us on a tour of Virginia City in his vintage (I believe) 1929 cadillac, very cool. We had a FANTASTIC TIME HERE AND RECCOMEND IT TO ALL. A TOTAL 5 STAR EXPERIENCE. We will be back soon. Thanks for a great time Paul Jell & Andria.

Dennis & Jocelyn Jonas

Room Tip: Just do it, a great time.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Dennis J
San Leandro, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is hands downs one of the top 5 most fantastic places I have ever stayed at. EVER. All I can say is WOW! Jeff and Paul have done one of the most amazing historic renovations I have had the pleasure of seeing...and I work in construction. Simply, no detail was overlooked.

I stayed in the Beebe-Clegg Room, it was on the small side by modern standards, but huge by historic ones and the vintage bed frame was awesome, and the bed itself was VERY comfy. The private bath in every room is a nice added amenity. This is a historic building so do not expect it to be sound proof. You will hear people walking around and talking.

The breakfast served in the morning is nothing short of fantastic, I just wish I could have stayed for the full event. The homemade cinnamon rolls and breads I saw going into the oven....O.M.G! But, given my schedule I had to leave before the full breakfast was served. Despite this, Jeff and Paul made sure I got everything I needed.

I will absolutely, most definitely, without a doubt, stay here again. What a treat, and being able to walk around in the historic downtown only adds to the ambience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Bibndum
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This place is beautiful and Paul and Jeff are amazing. They are so interesting and fun! Paul drove us to dinner in their awesome 1930's Cadillac and gave us an exceptional tour of the beautiful mansion. If you go to Virginia city, a stay at the Cobb mansion is a must!

• Stayed July 2013
Siena Hotel
Siena Hotel
#16 of 64 in Reno
4.0 of 5 stars 657 reviews

Been to Cobb Mansion Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!