“Great trip...comp rooms, will be back”
Review of Boomtown Casino

Boomtown Casino
Ranked #2 of 4 things to do in Verdi
More attraction details
Owner description: Rated "Number 1 Blackjack in Northern Nevada" by Blackjack Confidential Magazine, this popular gaming complex features 37 table games, keno tournaments, live-action poker rooms and more than 1,300 slots.
Sacramento, California
“Great trip...comp rooms, will be back”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had two nites in a comp room this past weekend. Stayed in the North Wing (remodeled)/ King bed/ smoking. Room was nice, bathroom was big. Housekeeping staff was more than helpful w/ request for extra blanket & pillow. Rm had a coffeepot/coffee/tea as well as fridge. Liked that we can open the window for fresh air, then blast the heater to warm the room. There is a flat screen tv which was great, but they only have their channels in analog and we are used to HD, so... that would be our ONLY complaint. There was a free wireless internet connection for our IPad but you have to find out the code for your room thru the MENU screen on your tv. BTW, we were able to peek into the Jacuzzi Suite (rooms that end in 19), which also has a separate bedroom, separate living rm , lil table/bar area and a door that goes out to a balcony. Will try to book that in the future.

As for the casino: again staff was very helpful & nice - when I asked which restaurants were still open at 7pm (limited); when I had issues w/ my Players Club card in the slot machines; why they only showed the FB games in the SportsBar and the "Guitar" Nightclub and not the other tvs in the casino etc. Just those little things...

Restaurant employees were very nice and helpful. I rcvd an extra almond croissant because it was my birthday. They were more than helpful when we decided to order our food " to go" instead of eat IN the Bistro, or tables in the eating area outside the deli/Mexican food place. We just walked over w/ our food to the SportsBar and sat at the counter that surrounds the SportsBar so we could watch all the FB games simultaneously. (THOSE tvs were definitely HDTV!!! )

The casino was NOT packed w/ patrons like the other casinos downtown so it was very easy to sit down and play any machine you wanted.(was there Sun - Tues.) The machines did seem "looser" since both my husband and I did win back our money. I believe they remodeled the casino since we were there over a year ago because it seems like there were less machines, and more floor space so you aren't just packed into one area.

Online checkout via the room tv was a breeze. How very surprised to find out we had a balance of $000000.00; I know the rooms were comp, but other hotels charge a resort fee and city tax etc, and this one did not.

We will definitely be back.

Visited November 2013

Sparks, Nevada
“A Great Local Casino”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Boomtown is a smaller casino on the outskirts of Reno. Thus it must compete against the 'big houses' downtown. The attraction of Boomtown is the friendly staff and employees. Everybody seems to go out of their way to assist or make your experience more fun. Their machines seem to be looser than downtown as well. With a choice of so many casino's in town, Boomtown is my choice because I enjoy myself more there.

Visited August 2013
Severna Park, Maryland
“Great Experience - Lunch and Gambling!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband, daughter and I flew into Reno from the east coast and were headed to Tahoe for a vacation/wedding. A friend told us about Boomtown and we decided to check it out on the way. My husband loved the fact that it was an easy stop right of the highway and we were all hungry. We were very impressed with the lunch and the service. My daughter and I had the salad with chicken which was excellent (loved the bacon and avocado) and my husband had the giant burger which he loved. The entire place was very clean and it looked like everything was new. Overall, exceeded my expectations and plan on returning to do some more gambling!

Visited August 2013
Walla Walla, WA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“No Denneys at Boomtown”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

When staying at the Silver Legacy in Reno I like to go to Cabelas in Verdi. I usually go early and get breakfast at Denny's and play a little in the boomtown casino. Boomtown has parted company with Denny's and directs you to their bistro where your handed a pager and sent on your way, I assume to play slots until one of the many empty tables is available. Not good when you took your insulin and drove from Reno to eat.

Visited April 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't waste Your Time HERE!!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have been gambling now together for at least 4 years.. With that said a lot of times he'll be playing $100 a hand at blackjack at a $10-$20 min table and I sit next to him and hang out. Well apparently HERE that is not allowed the casino was super slow and I was very rudely asked to Get up even when there was no one asking to sit there and there was a seat open on the other side.. The pit bosses have issues with everything!!!! U can't set the dice for craps u can't even line them up.. Nothing... Throw them as they are.. Or don't play!!! So if u r a good craps player DEFENTLY don't need to come here. The buffet won't let us eat there 1 min short of 9 which is when it closed and the bistros food is worst than a mcdonalds! Yuck!!!!the service was super slow and on top of everything they screwed up ny boyfriends player card and he ended up
Playing under someone elses plauer card with the same name as is I MEAN HELLO DOES ANYONE HERE KNOW HOW TO RUN A CASINO????? I THINK NOT! Overall I will NEVER BE STAYING HERE AGAIN.. And I sospect the place will be under new management/owenrship very soon.
I heard it was recently bought by a new owner if you are reading this ALL YOUR PIT BOSSES NEED SOME SERIOUS TRAINING ON HOW TO SPEAK WITH CUSTOMERS!!!!

1 Thank Mgapc

Been to Boomtown Casino? Share your experiences!