“Should be a Best Western PLUS!”

Best Western Hi-Desert Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tonopah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I visited Central Nevada for the first time last month and had a most satisfying and pleasant stay at this hotel. I found it in general to be a delightful cut above standard Best Western hotels in which I have been a guest. To me, it qualified to be at the Best Western PLUS level. The property is very well kept with an appealing (although cozy) lobby and breakfast area. I was really impressed with my room which was very clean, spacious, and attractively decorated with beautiful framed photos of old mines which are located behind the hotel. The furniture was up to date and I was amazed at the large size of the refrigerator--the biggest I think I've ever had in a hotel room. The bathroom not only had a sink inside but also outside of the bathroom area. My room was also bright and sunny--a real plus. I had requested a quiet top floor room with my reservation, and this was noticed and honored. I appreciated the special touches such as decorative metal art work by each room with scenes reminiscent of the West and/or old mines. I was surprised to see items available in the bathroom for guests such as Q-tips--not the norm. The breakfast was also more extensive than the average hotel with plenty of hot food items. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Raphael W
hidesertinn, General Manager at Best Western Hi-Desert Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for your vote of confidence. The staff at the BEST WESTERN Hi-Desert Inn works hard to keep this hotel "a cut above." We greatly appreciate your not only noticing the difference but sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We hope we will be able to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nice, clean, and way above expectations. Friendly helpful staff, decent hot breakfast, good coffee. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality of this hotel in this remote location. Definitely an oasis in the high Nevada desert and now a staple when we pass through here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We are so thankful for your kind review and for staying with us. We strive to serve all of our guests in the manner you describe and look forward to having another opportunity to offer you superior service. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Very clean, excellent breakfast for a hotel breakfast. The staff was very positive and the room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing a hotel in Tonopah.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us and reviewing the BEST WESTERN Hi-Desert Inn on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. We hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Tonopah, Nevada.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Room was very large with two queen beds. Bathroom was also big with fluffy towels plus two sink area. One in the bathroom, the other just outside the bathroom area. Great for getting ready in the morning if someone else is in the bathroom. The room was clean. The only negative was a musty/smoky smell in the hallway which carried over into our room even though we had a non smoking room. However the facility is both smoking and nonsmoking so that was probably the reason for the smell. If someone is allergic to smoke smell, they may be bothered by this. The breakfast selection was very nice and they refilled as needed. Lots to choose from. All staff members were very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

We appreciate your review on Trip Advisor and for your recent visit to the BEST WESTERN Hi-Desert Inn. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, however, I am very sorry you had to experience the musty smell from the smoke in the hall which seeped into your room. We try to keep the smoke away from the non-smoking rooms and there is a separate building which is completely non-smoking. Please forgive us for the smell. We hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Tonopah, Nevada.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here as stop-over, room is big and clean. There were free cookies in the lobby, micro-wave and WIFI in room. When we saw the breakfast downstairs next morning, we were shocked by the variety it offered, considering it's just a small motel next to road. They were renovating the pool (small but may cheer up the guests after a long drive) when I was there. I recommend this motel to those drive through this small town.

Room Tip: No lift, ask for a room on ground floor when reservation is made if you have a lot of luggages.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying with us and your kind review on Trip Advisor. I am glad you enjoyed your room, the breakfast and the numerous amenities we offer. We recently repaired the leak in our pool and it has reopened. Thank you again for allowing us to serve you and we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

It's too bad that not only our car but 2 other cars were vandalized. The hotel itself was great, clean, comfortable, afternoon snacks, full breakfast, within walking distance to restaurants, friendly staff, dog friendly but I just can't recommend staying in Tonopah with this kind of activity. I had heard from a friend that this happened when they were in Tonopah to their vintage Cadillac!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank rpm569

As an antique car lover myself, my heart is breaking in regards to this senseless destruction of your vehicle. Tonopah, being a remote area does not normally experience excess vandalism, unfortunately, this was not the case during your visit. On behalf of the BEST WESTERN Hi-Desert Inn and the town of Tonopah, please accept our heartfelt apology. We hope you will reconsider staying with us and give us an opportunity to show you small town hospitality.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

We were traveling back to Vegas from Northern California and started our trip early evening. We knew we weren't going to be able drive all the the way through to Vegas and through TA found this place. Made an online res before we got on the road. Thank goodness for TA because this was a nice stop over. Got in around 1AM and was dead tired! It's so nice to check into a place that has clean rooms...they were pretty spacious too. We didn't try the breakfast though. Left at the crack of dawn to beat the heat while on the road. Great place to rest your eyes, even if it's just for a few hours! Price is affordable - good value.

Room Tip: If traveling as a family, get the suite - it's very spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying at the BEST WESTERN Hi-Desert Inn. We appreciate your feedback on Trip Advisor and hope you will stay with us again when you have more time to enjoy our hotel and our town.