Mizpah Hotel
$122
BestWestern.com
$73
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmining townold westclaw foot tubpittman caferestored hotelantique furnishingscoffee servicefifth floormodern amenitiesjack dempseyhotel restaurantlobby barresident ghostlake tahoequeen roomshower curtainrooms are small
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We ended up at the Mizpah by fluke. We were driving through Nevada on the way to somewhere else, needed a place to stay, and the Best Western was full. Luckily!! The Mizpah was a really great experience. Thank you to the Cline Cellars Family for an amazing restoration job, while still managing to provide all the modern convenience people expect from a top notch hotel. We appreciated the wealth of historical information that was readily provided (a "newspaper" in the room with historical information, an informative page in the menu, etc) and the authenticity of the decor. The place is truly beautiful and very interesting - sort of like a museum and a hotel all at once. At the same time, the internet was complimentary and fast, the food and wines were excellent, the shower/tub were hot and great (my husband was particularly impressed with the original fixtures made by Rolex and still working better than modern ones a hundred years later!), the bed was more comfortable than most, the room was very quiet, and the staff were extremely friendly. We will definitely stay there again if we're going through Nevada.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emily B
John M, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Emily B,
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Cline family truly did a spectacular job restoring the property and I'm glad you were able to experience and enjoy the uniqueness of the Mizpah. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Just back from Tonapah where I had a great two night stay at the Mizpah Hotel! What an "oasis"!
Great food, bar, and accommodations, especially the linens. The staff is wonderful and helpful and the new Ownership has done a great job with the restoration. Hats off to the Cline Cellars Family. Anyone traveling between Las Vegas and Reno should stay here!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear David C,
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. The property truly is an unexpected pleasure here in the high desert. Thank you for your comments and we look forward seeing you again soon!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

For $100/night my husband and I enjoyed a comfortable King bed, fantastic service, wonderful staff and beautiful surroundings. The hotel is lovely. The original fixtures and furniture are gorgeous and the lobby of the hotel is warm and comfortable. Karen the bartender, and the generous wait staff in the restaurant are always willing to please. The two friendly clerks we met at the front desk were extremely accommodating. We got to pick out our room! The food is delicious and the wine is excellent. Our guest room featured interesting furniture and lovely views of Tonopah. We will be back every time we come this way. If you are from the city, like we are, come and stay a while at this beautiful rare gem and enjoy historical ambiance. You will be thankful you did. Congratulations, Mizpah Hotel. Well done!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IdaSlapter
John M, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear IdaSlapter,
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The renovation of the hotel was a labor of love and we're very proud of the results. I'll be sure to pass your kind words onto Karen and the rest of the staff. We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

On of a 3 week journey, we stayed in 11 different properties, varying from traditional hotels to historic hotels/motels and B&B's and apartment/house rental. We rated each property according to 14 different attributes. Out of 140 possible points, we gave this property a 116. Even my picky husband LOVED this place! Cleanliness and beds are two biggies for us and the Mizpah did NOT disappoint! Impeccably clean and AMAZINGLY COMFORTABLE BEDS! There was a great big claw foot tub that easily filled with HOT water! Our room was super spacious! We had a king bed and a queen bed. Beautiful furniture in rooms and in lobby. Coffee was served on each floor. A continental breakfast would have been nice, but there is a nice restaurant on the main level. Our room didn't have a view, but was the room that had spotlights outside for the side of the building. I read another reviewer complain that the lights bothered him. My husband likes to sleep in a very dark room. The drapes were very heavy velvet and we didn't have any problems with the lights. There is an elevator to the room, but it moves pretty slow, so don't be surprised if it takes a while to go to the bar in the main lobby to get some ice. :) This property rated lots of 10's for us, including beds (10+ if possible), hot water, spaciousness, cleanliness, well maintained, friendliness, location and safety! Though there is not a lot to do in Tonopah, NV, we would go back there just to stay at the Mizpah, and we would definitely stay more than one night! Relaxing, comfortable and super friendly! Although the history of the hotel includes some ghosts, we opted not to tell our daughter about this. We were very pleased that it was not mentioned and made a big deal out of, so we could all have a great night of sleep!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
John M, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear Brenna L,
Thank you for your kind words and we really appreciate your personal rating system! I am so glad that you enjoyed the property and the comfort of the rooms. We have worked hard to ensure a unique quality experience for our guests. I'll be sure to share your comments with the staff as they truly enjoy servicing their guests and love to hear when your satisfied. Thank you and come back and visit with us in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Mizpah Hotel for our anniversary August 4th 2013 , I specifically went there to try and make contact with the Lady in Red we stayed in room 502 well to my delight she did come to me , the morning we were to leave she let me smell her perfume and while my husband was in the shower she wrote Der ydal on the mirror , at first I was stunned to see writing on the mirror until I read it twice and realized it was Red Lady spelled backwards. I have always believed in the paranormal but this just totally confirmed my belief . I have pictures to prove what I saw and experienced , the writing on the mirror and the goosebumps on my arm. Thank you to all of the staff of the Hotel you were all extraordinarily pleasant. I will be back but needless to say my husband refuses to ever step foot in your Hotel ( ;

Room Tip: Book 502 for an extraordinary paranormal experience.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Anniversay 2013_13,
I am so glad that you decided to celebrate and enjoy your anniversary with us. You can now count yourself amongst the many guests and staff that have had a visit from the Lady in Red! Hopefully you'll be able to talk your husband into coming back with you as she is known to be quite harmless. I'll pass your kind words on to the staff and happy anniversary!