“Was a okay stay”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tonopah
Bend, Oregon
“Was a okay stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

When we made our reservations, the gal on the phone said we can park our big rig out behind the hotel and that a lot of folks do. Well we had one heck of a time, when we checked in and told her about it..she said when exactly is a big rig? Is it just a big truck? So just so other people know..this hotel is NOT big rig friendly. We asked for a upper room with a king bed..it was just a bed, tv and bath room. One window that you can barely see out of because of the dirt. The room was clean, good hot water and water pressure. We went down and had breakfast ...we sat there for 15 minutes before the waitress asked us what we wanted to drink and brought our menus. Took almost a hour to get our food..I got one refill on my coffee and paid full price..it is instant coffee too. For the price and service and lack of...I don't think I would stay again...

• Stayed July 2013
John M, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Megmelchar,
Thank you for your comments and please accept my apologies for the issues you described. We do have parking in the back that will accommodate big rigs albeit a bit tight. I am sorry to hear of the service concerns you raised in the restaurant, typically we receive great praise with the restaurant staff. I would like to discuss your stay with us further if you have the opportunity you can contact me toll free at (855) 337-3030.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I've been through Tonopah several times, but it was always when the Mizpah was still closed. So after I learned it had re-opened when I'd moved back to Nevada I knew I had to stay there. Some family members were going to Round Mountain so I had them drop me in Tonopah for the weekend. I had a queen room with a claw footed tub on the 5th floor. Plenty of room for one. I ate breakfast in the Pittman Cafe and it was nothing special, but good and with fast service. All staff I dealt with were very friendly and helpful. And I even had a "strange" experience.. I noticed I'd called a friend one morning which in fact, I had not. I thought it strange and got downright spooked when I read in the Mizpah Hotel book they sell on property, that it had happened to another person as well! Ghostly prank? You make the call.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank tptraveler11
John M, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Tptraveller11,
I am so glad that you had the opportunity to stay with us and I'm happy you enjoyed your visit. You can now count yourself amongst many others who have had similar "strange" experiences! Thank you for staying with us and come back and visit again
Pleasant Hill, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Old but renewed. This place is has a pulse. Restaurant has some really good food. Bar is more than adequate for crowds, 3 flat screen tvs and bartenders that really do care about your pleasure. Rooms are large, quiet, updated except for the shower which really needs the faucet and shower curtain replaced with something that works (i hear is is being addressed). This place is definitely one you will want to add to your "I've been there" list.

Room Tip: Excellant windows so little to no road noise on street side rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
John M, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Bruce N,
Thank you for your kind words and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our shower fixtures are antique Rolex fixtures and do require a little extra TLC. We are addressing the shower curtains and expect to upgrade the situation. We were happy to serve you and hope to see you again at the Mizpah again soon.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Unfortunately we didn't get to stay in the hotel but they did an excellent job of restoring the whole building. There is a lot of history here and the building reflects that. Although we did get to eat at the Pitman Cafe and the service and food was great. Very friendly staff and our service was expedient. Do yourself a favor and have lunch or dinner here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dnwellman,
Thank you for your comments on the Pittman café. I was very happy that the service and food was to your liking. I'll be sure to pass your comments on to the staff. I hope you will be able to stay with us on your next trip through Tonopah as the rooms are just as grand as the rest of the property. Thank you again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Wow!! What a great surprise! Beauty, history, comfort, incredibly friendly staff, really good restaurant, and a terrific low price, too. We would happily have paid twice what we did. So glad the Best Western - which cost more! - was full. You'll love it.

• Stayed July 2013
John M, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Gellchom,
Thank you for your kind words. We strive to provide the best in customer service and I agree that the staff is the friendliest I have ever worked with. It was a pleasure to serve you and please come back and see us sometime.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed there 6/22/13. The room was gorgeous. The bed and linens were heavenly. The bathroom with a claw foot bathtub was huge. The entire hotel takes you back in time to Nevada's glorious mining history. The lobby and bar continue the historical atmosphere. The Pittman Cafe was good. We can't wait to go back. In fact, we don't why it took us so long to stay in this gem. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank nativelasvegan
John M, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Nativelasvegan,
We are very happy that you enjoyed your visit with us so much. The property truly is a treasure and we're very proud of it. Thank you for choosing us and please come back and stay with us on your next trip to Tonopah. .
Shanghai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

An excellent historic hotel with great service and charm.

We arrived late and Rich the general manager kept the kitchen open so that we could get some dinner/drinks. Food was great, rooms were well appointed and we all wished that we could've stayed a day or two longer at the Mizpah.

Very authentic and a ton of history to the place - definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank old_mosquito
John M, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Old_Misquito,
Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay here at the Mizpah. I was happy to hear that Rich was able to accommodate you in the restaurant. I'll be sure to pass your comments along to him. Thank you for staying with us and I hope you will be able to stay longer on your next visit to the Mizpah.