Mizpah Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Economy Inn(Tonopah)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsmining townold westclaw foot tubpittman caferestored hotelantique furnishingscoffee servicefifth floormodern amenitiesjack dempseyhotel restaurantlobby barresident ghostlake tahoequeen roomshower curtainrooms are small
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I am a geologist that spends a lot of time sleeping and eating in rural Nevada and I can say
that a stay at the Mizpah will truly enhance the Nevada experience for travelers. You may find a very minor lack of modern convenience but it is easily made up for by back-in-time heyday authenticity. Many of the rooms have views and keep you above noise of traffic, some things that most other hotels in town do not satisfy. The rooms are clean and quiet.

During my stay the hotel and restaurant staff made a strong effort to provide good service and a raised bar. The food was excellent and smoke-free hotel FANTASTIC! The morning coffee and fresh baked scones can be enjoyed in the grand lobby. Many visitors might also appreciate the absence of slot machines and the like.

A few local shops, convenience stores and backwater bars with character are only a few steps away from the front door, not to mention the very well done Tonopah Historic Mining Park.

Traveling across the Basin and Range is different from anywhere else in the country and a stay at the Mizpah to break up the drive will make it all very memorable.

Room Tip: Upper floors and rooms away from the street are quietest. Rooms on the street side and north side will have best views.
3  Thank geotermia
Bruce J, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Good morning,

Your memorable experience at the Mizpah Hotel has not gone unnoticed. I'm delighted you found our hotel to have clean and quite accommodations, an excellent dining experience, and a warm and welcoming staff.

Thank you visiting the Mizpah Hotel and being our guests!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Found this hotel on my way from Lake Tahoe to Las Vegas. The staff was very friendly and the room was impeccable. They manage to keep the historical place, while maintaining it in great shape. we got a huge room, where I stayed very comfortable with my wife and 2 kids. In the morning they have fresh coffee on each floor.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Bruce J, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Good afternoon,

I want to thank you, your wife, and your children for discovering the Mizpah Hotel during your travels. The fact that you were all very comfortable and positively surprised makes all of us anxious for your next visit.

We appreciate you our guests!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I've always loved the Mizpah, stay there whenever possible. I've been critical of the food, but last trip was different. Ate at the Pittman and in the Dempsey for New Year's Eve, and both places are markedly improved over past visits. I didn't see much change in the menu, but the food quality and preparations are very different and much better. I don't know what's different or changed, but I hope they keep it up!
As for the hotel itself, I'm always amazed at my surroundings. I go out of my way now to overnight in Tonopah just so I can stay at the Mizpah.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Bruce J, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for returning as our guest and writing about your pleasant experience. We really appreciate you scheduling yourself to stay with us here at the Mizpah Hotel.

What a terrific way to start the New Year!

Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 2, 2013

A recent trip to and from Las Vegas from Oregon found us braving desert snow in mid December. Waking up in Hawthorne, Nevada to several inches of fresh snow we were treated to mostly clear roads and a winter sun over a panorama of white. By noon we found ourselves in Tonopah looking for something to eat and, on the reccomendation of a local, tried the Mizpah Hotel. The lunch was nice, but the stained glass and period furniture in the lobby of this 1907 vintage structure was an enjoyable trip back to the early mining days in Tonopah. We asked about the rooms and planned on our return from Vegas to stay there. We were not disappointed, the modern touches to the old luxury of the Mizpah were a perfect blend in our room. The bed was the most comfortable I have ever had in any motel or hotel. Compared to the nice room and bed we had at the interestingly decorated Flamingo in Las Vegas this accomodation was far superior. We will definitly stay here again. If you appreciate the old and enjoy a good nights sleep, I recommend staying at the Mizpah.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lambshaggis
Bruce J, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Good evening,

I am very excited to read how comfortable you were as our guests here at the Mizpah Hotel. The beautiful scenery, our unique building, and the wonderful bed and furniture all add to the Mizpah experience but don't compare to your presence in the hotel, the lobby, or the restaurant.

Thank you!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

On 12/26/12 I stayed at the Mizpah. I arrived early (10am) due to the fact that I am a RN (nights shift) & wanted to check in early. I related to the hostess that I had spoken with Ashley regarding this since I had to go to work that evening from 5pm-5am. The hostess got me right in after asking me if I had a room preference. I suggested the darkest room would be good. She put me & my hubby in 310 (super quiet & dark). Bed & linens were fabulous, great picture quality on the flat screen (though not super huge). I woke & found coffe in the bar area before my shift (REALLY GOOD COFFEE!!), no charge. The onsight food in the Pitman Room is delicious & fair priced for the serving size (not to mention gorgeous suroundings). My husband said he had heard some workers talking about completing the work they were supposed to do with the receptionist & she told them not to go drilling up around the 3rd floor because I was sleeping up there.... she actually thought of that! The Mizpah actually makes me want to take extra shifts at the hospital and travel 2.5 hrs just to stay there!

Room Tip: room 310 is darkest in the day if you happen to be a "day sleeper".
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Bruce J, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Good morning,

I want to thank you for being our guests and sharing your wonderful restaurant and hotel experience. I'm very pleased our stafff assisted in making you comfortable.

Please take extra shifts in order to return to your second home, the Mizpah Hotel.

Thank you again!