“mizpah tonopah,nv - really the bar rating”
Review of Mizpah Hotel

Mizpah Hotel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Tonopah
Incline Village, Nevada
“mizpah tonopah,nv - really the bar rating”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Something is going on in Tonopah! We have been driving twice yearly between AZ and North Lake Tahoe for 9 years. We always stay at the Best Western because they accommodate our dirty filthy certainly flea infested yorkie that sleeps with us daily :)! We heard from our neighbors to definitely stop at recently reopened Mizpah --- what does that mean exactly anyway? It is charmingly historically renovated - at least 20' long bar - 20' ceilings --- really fun to see a turn of the century building in such a "quiet" town. Stained glass and decorated for the Holidays! Well, we walked down from the BW after an 8 hour drive and were delighted. If the blond bartender is not out fishing she makes a killer vodka martini! We felt like we were in San Francisco --- us and the miners who travel through town! Good on you Mizpah! Sometime we'd like to try the hotel rooms!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bruce J, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Good afternoon,

Tonopah is definitely the place to visit these days and we appreciate that you stayed overnight with our neighbors. I'm excited your experience while in town was delightful, especially at the Mizpah Hotel and from our bartender's assistance.

We look forward to your next visit.

Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Tonopah, Nevada
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This hotel is the most warm, inviting and felt like my home away from home. The staff are amazing and very accommodating. Everyone there went above and beyond to make sure that I was comfortable having everything I needed. I recommend this historical and outstanding place of establishment to all I know. I intend to visit in the future and this will be I will stay.

Room Tip: Fitness is in remodeling phases and no swimming pool available
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Bruce J, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Good afternoon,

Your experience at the Mizpah Hotel is wonderful reading. The fact you were comfortable and that the staff was so accommodating is satisfying. Your recommendations are appreciated and please know you are welcome anytime to your Mizpah home away from home.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My partner and I stumbled into the hotel at 11pm after several hours of driving and getting lost trying to find a nearby camping ground. The staff was delightful and professional. Our room was extravagant. I remember the silken velvet red sheets, white lacy window curtains, and old-fashioned brass bedside lamps. Despite the Woman in Red ghost, I slept fantastically. Breakfast in the morning was okay, but the bartender's gregariousness made up for it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bruce J, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Good evening,

I am happy to read that you safely made it to the Mizpah Hotel after getting lost and had such a memorable time, from your room, to the Lady in Red, and from our friendly staff.

Thank you for sharing your experience and for being our guests!
Mesquite, Nevada, United States
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Just an overnite in the neatest old western hotel that has been refurbished with most of all the original furnishings and maintaining the Victorian charm intact.

I felt like I was in an old western movie and could just see myself in my long bustle dress, fancy hat and umbrella!

The service and the food was excellent. Everyone is so friendly and ready to be at your service. The fresh morning coffee set out on each floor in the foyer just like back in the day was also a very nice touch! Oh, and u should try the Lady in Red red wine bottled by the Owners at the Cline winery in Sonoma. Delicious red Zin!

Room Tip: Request the wagon bed room or the Lady in Red room. The bedding and the mattress was so comfy!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bruce J, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Good morning,

I'm so very happy you had a wonderful time at the Historic Mizpah Hotel during your recent holiday stay. I want to thank you for your feed back, kind words, and your recommendations.

On your next visit to the Mizpah Hotel, please consider dressing period of your choice.
I know our guests and team would love it.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We are huge fans of the ghost adventures and when we learned they investgated the mizpah we had to stay there. We caught a class A evp while sitting outside our room on the 3rd floor. It said... "I like it that's what I do". right after I commented on ablurry picture I took. My skeptic husband felt the bed shake the next morning and thought it was a earthquake but it wasn't.. I also saw a orb fly out of the sheets before he even told what he felt..it was a beautiful hotel and we plan on staying again next summer...I would reconmend this place to anyone..

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank annieerker
Bruce J, General Manager at Mizpah Hotel, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Good afternoon,

Talk about an unforgettable experience. WOW! This is absolutely amazing to have such an experience at the Historic Mizpah Hotel within just two days.
I'm anxious for you and for the summer to arrive to read about your other happenings.

Thank you for being our guests!
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Love this hotel. First-rate accommodations, even the little things are taken care of (how many hotel restaurants in Nevada have raw sugar available for coffee!). I could have explored this hotel for hours and not have seen it all. The staff is friendly and will talk about the history of the hotel, they never brushed me off or made me feel I was keeping them from something more important.

Room Tip: Ask for the haunted room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Good afternoon,

I love reading that you had a nice experience at the Mizpah Hotel and please know, you are the most important guest even before you make your reservation.
On your next trip, please plan on staying an extra day and we will provide you with as much information as possible.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My wife and I just returned from a two-night stay at the historic Mizpah Hotel in Tonopah NV.
The building has been closed and boarded up for decades. After passing it hundreds of times over the years on my travels,I've often wondered what it would be like to stay there. Accompanied by my sweetie wife I finally got my chance. The building had been recently purchased by the Clines who performed a Class-A remodel/refurbish to this wonderful place.
My wife and I noticed the great attention paid to detail in the rebuild. The paint-wallpaper and other treatments are well-matched to the period furniture (all refurbished to new condition). The room decor-color match-curtains...everything was just beautifully done. The great room/open bar area is what you will first notice upon entering and it makes quite an impact with the etched glass windows (all monogrammed with the letter "M" for Mizpah) creating a special room glow and ambience taking you back 100 years....it's the "WOW" factor!
As nice as the detailing and beautiful restoration is the friendliness of all the staff even surpassed that! We were treated like royalty...even given a special tour of the "Lady's" suite.The "Lady in red" is Mizpah's resident ghost who is said to occasionally leave pearls on the pillows of some visitors. We didn't see the "Lady" on this visit but strangely my camera stopped working after taking a few pictures in her room....it works just fine now!
We also had a chance to dine in the beautifully appointed restaurant. Our burgers were big, juicy, delicious and very reasonably priced.
It is readily apparent that the Clines put their heart and soul into this project - this special place deserves it too...it is quite unique and historic....simply put, there's no place like it on earth and this restoration needed to be done. The Clines were just the right folks to accomplish this task...our hats off to them for the incredible job they did!
Our one and only regret on this wonderful stay was that it was only a two-nighter...we really did not want to leave. We will absolutely be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank coindrummer
Good morning,

I want to thank you very much for your patience for the past twelve years and to finally give us the opportunity to welcome you as our guests. Your kind words to The Clines, The Mizpah Hotel, and of course to The Staff are so appreciated.

Looking forward to your next return and perhaps so is The Lady in Red!