“Spacious Accomodations, not much else”
Review of The Ridge Tahoe

The Ridge Tahoe
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Stateline
Reviewed August 19, 2007

Our 2 BD is very spacious. We just came from our timeshare in Las Vegas and can see how age is starting to show. One of the fans is making a ticking sound and the windows are difficult to open. I'm sure this place is packed during the winter skiing season so it can be difficult to keep everything in tip top shape. Still, it is more than enough for a family to vacation comfortably.

Wireless is available, but at a price (unlike our Vegas timeshare). I paid $40 for the week. Varying prices like $10/day. My wife tried to attend a 9am boot camp class on our 1st day and it was canceled for no reason. No sign was displayed. Then our signup for our daughter to join a kids event was denied due to a sick employee. The gym is well equipped.

As the last guy wrote, the front desk is just average. They don't come across as really caring that much. Reminds me of young college kids who are just doing a summer job to make a few bucks. The concierge is most definitely useless. I overhead a lady complaining that her call wasn't returned and the concierge said "It wasn't me so I can't do anything about that". IOW, they aren't willing to take responsibility for their mistakes.

The maid service does seem good...almost too good and giving us a bad feeling. On our first day, a maid rang our door bell and asked if everything was OK. At first I thought that was a nice touch. Then an hour later, another maid rang the bell and then said "Opps, wrong room". The next day 2 guys rang the bell asking if our TV was OK. Then 1 hr later, security rang the bell saying the previous guest reported leaving some jewelry. I'm just getting a 'bad' feeling about all these interruptions in just 2 days.

Anyway, I don't think I will return here again. We recently went to Snowbird (Utah) and expected similar things to do, but there really isn't that much for a summer resort. Snowbird (OTOH) was great for a summer retreat. At least The Ridge is close to Tahoe so there are things to do (like gamble).

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank karlw2000

Reviewed August 19, 2007

This is the second week of our 2-week vacation. I looked forward to coming here after spending a hot week in Las Vegas. We traded our week at another timeshare to come to The Ridge Tahoe. We have 2-bedroom suite that is spacious but a little dated but nothing that we can't live with.

We are active people and the first morning we were here I looked forward to going to a boot camp. I went to the facility where it was held and told that not enough people signed up (it wasn't posted anywhere that it was necessary) but the other reason was the instructor was in Sacramento. So which was it, not enough people or no instructor? Later on a woman in the Marketplace asked me if I had planned to go to the boot camp. When I told her I did, she said she had as well and was really upset that it was cancelled as that happens all the time. Hmmmm.

That night, my husband gets a call from the front desk that they don't have our credit card info which I saw him hand to the woman at registration when we checked in. My husband pointed out we couldn't have checked in unless we'd provided a CC and the guy agreed and said he'd check into it further. This morning I got a call from management that they didn't have our CC info and we had an outstanding balance in the Marketplace and I was told that "you people need to bring a CC to the front desk." I was really insulted by that remark. This was an older woman who made the call too -- someone who I think should be able to speak to a guest in a better tone especially since the problem was theirs not ours.

There is a Kids Club here which we looked forward to putting our daughter into. We made a reservation but got a call back that one of the teachers was sick and only 10 kids could be accommodated and our daughter wouldn't be one of them. Another disappointment.

The highlight was being able to get her into a beginner tennis class instead. The tennis pro was very good with the children and remembered all of their names which I thought remarkable since there were 9 children and he does this all day long. My daughter does want to go back on Thursday for another class.

Overall, I'd think twice before coming here again. Granted there are a lot of activities for free (a nice movie theatre is on-sight) but the management leaves something to be desired.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family

8  Thank tracker400
Reviewed March 24, 2007

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Beachlover888
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
#1 of 9 in Stateline
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe
3 mi away
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#7 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#9 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to The Ridge Tahoe? Share your experiences!