Our 2 BD is very spacious. We just came from our timeshare in Las Vegas and can see how age is starting to show. One of the fans is making a ticking sound and the windows are difficult to open. I'm sure this place is packed during the winter skiing season so it can be difficult to keep everything in tip top shape. Still, it is more than enough for a family to vacation comfortably.
Wireless is available, but at a price (unlike our Vegas timeshare). I paid $40 for the week. Varying prices like $10/day. My wife tried to attend a 9am boot camp class on our 1st day and it was canceled for no reason. No sign was displayed. Then our signup for our daughter to join a kids event was denied due to a sick employee. The gym is well equipped.
As the last guy wrote, the front desk is just average. They don't come across as really caring that much. Reminds me of young college kids who are just doing a summer job to make a few bucks. The concierge is most definitely useless. I overhead a lady complaining that her call wasn't returned and the concierge said "It wasn't me so I can't do anything about that". IOW, they aren't willing to take responsibility for their mistakes.
The maid service does seem good...almost too good and giving us a bad feeling. On our first day, a maid rang our door bell and asked if everything was OK. At first I thought that was a nice touch. Then an hour later, another maid rang the bell and then said "Opps, wrong room". The next day 2 guys rang the bell asking if our TV was OK. Then 1 hr later, security rang the bell saying the previous guest reported leaving some jewelry. I'm just getting a 'bad' feeling about all these interruptions in just 2 days.
Anyway, I don't think I will return here again. We recently went to Snowbird (Utah) and expected similar things to do, but there really isn't that much for a summer resort. Snowbird (OTOH) was great for a summer retreat. At least The Ridge is close to Tahoe so there are things to do (like gamble).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ridge Tahoe sits high atop the Sierra's at 7,300 feet above sea level. Views are of the Carson Valley some 3,000 feet below and of the mountains. The property is spread out over 11 acres and connects with Heavenly Valley's Nevada, Stagecoach Lodge. Our on-site skier express lift provides free transportation directly to the stagecoach lift. Shuttle service is provided at no charge to and from the casino's in Stateline. Our property offers two bedroom suites, sleeping 6-8, one bedroom suites, sleeping four and deluxe hotel units, sleeping 2-4 guests. All two and one bedroom suites have full kitchens and fireplaces. Our 45,000 sq. feet clubhouse is the center piece of the resort where guests can enjoy all the amenities of a full service resort. Spa, Recreation, dining, deli, market place, concierge services, business center, full fitness center, 4 tennis courts (one in-door), two swimming pools (one in-door), BBQ's, Ping pong, full kids club program, guided hikes, rock climbing, snow shoeing and much more! The best part of the Ridge Tahoe is our people, we care very much about our guests and their vacation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Ridge Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ridge Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Ridge Tahoe Hotel Lake
- The Ridge Tahoe Lake Tahoe (Nevada)/Stateline, NV