“The Ridge Tahoe resort”
Review of The Ridge Tahoe

The Ridge Tahoe
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Stateline
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The property is located on top of Kingsbury Grade, which is about 15 minutes from Hwy. 50. The resort has several buildings, and have a very convenient bus that will take you around as well as to the casinos. There are plenty of planned activities at the resort. There is 1 deli and 1 restaurant. The restaurant was not open while we were there. They do have a happy hour in the bar, but the prices are pretty high.

We were there for 1 week, and had a 2 bedroom unit with a fireplace. Kitchen is well-equipped, and the beds are all Sleep Numbers. The pillows were too puffy for me. The resort gives you a complimentary cleaning by the maid service halfway through your stay. The carpet needed vacuumed better when we originally arrived. The windows and doors leak cold air, so if you went in the winter, that might make it uncomfortable.

Room Tip: We were in the Naegle 10 building. The view was of pine trees, which was nice. If you were in the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed at The Ridge from June 10 - June 14 and, it was "almost" the perfect stay. The room was very clean - a decent size - and with a positive surprise - a gas fireplace. This came in handy for the cool evenings when we slept with the windows partially open.

The "windows partially open" comment was the reason it wasn't the "perfect" stay as The Ridge has no A/C in their rooms and, even in early June, the weather is turning very warm during the day - rapidly heating up the rooms. The Ridge does supply an old fashioned box fan (apparently in every room) so we were able to get air circulating.

Pretty warm in the room during the day - opening the windows when we returned in the evening to cool things off - and needing to turn the fireplace on over night as things cool down overnight.

The staff was friendly and while The Ridge is definitely off the beaten path (it takes a good 20 minutes to get to and from town due to the mountain roads), the scenery from the location is outstanding and well worth the trip.

We only had one meal at The Ridge and it was good (though pricy).

Room Tip: We stayed in the Tower - 9th floor - which opened to some fantastic views of the valley below. (Be...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank paradigmwg
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Well. Let's start first with the good points. The most important thing is that the room is clean. So, the room was clean. I stayed in the Tower building. The bed was nice. The bathroom was also very good. There was a jacuzzi in it with a bubbleswitch. In enjoyed it.

I stayed for 1 night, just on a roadtrip. So now you are thinking, why did you had a bad stay when everything that is important is okay?

Well, the service was very bad and I do not complain so fast about service because normally I do not need any help or anything.
There was just only 1 thing that I wanted. I wanted to use internet. So I went to the club building where you must check-in and check-out at the registrationdesk. Nobody was there! I was waiting for 10 minutes and nobody came. Also behind me were two other people that wanted to check-in but there was no one. I looked at a sign and it says :"Manager on Duty (Shirley or some name that begins with an S, I forgot the name) After 10 minutes or more, a securityguard came and asked me if I was helped already. I told him that I was waiting a long time and nobody is here. Than he called the name of the manager, and she was just there, but behind a wall waching tv or something. When she came I told here that I wanted to use the internet. She told me that it would cost 5 dollar. Than I said to her why it cost 5 dollar? On the front desk at the registration was a sign that says: "Free wifi internet, just ask the consierge how".
When I told her this, she was trying to tell a lie, but she was not able to come up with a lie that fast because saw her having trouble to bring the words up. This is very bad for a manager of a great hotel. Maybe the sign on the desk is old or something, but just give me the free wifi code and than remove the sign from your desk so you would not have trouble anymore with people complaining about free wifi if the wifi is not free.

I think the manager was not so smart. She tried to cover her lie but could not finish her words. When I saw that I did not go further and I let her feel good. If she is happy with 5 dollar than will give her even 10 dollar if she want, but not for the bad service.

She makes the hotel bad for just 5 dollars. I don't care about the 5 dollar, but I care about the sign that says free and than a manager trying to come up with a lie that she even could not make.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
13  Thank Zoubeir87
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We booked with a discounted rate on another site for a Thursday-Saturday stay at the Ridge in June. When we got there, we were put in the Tower building, 7th floor.

Despite free internet being advertised, we learned that it was only free if you listened to their 90+ minute to infinity long sales pitch about timeshares. Since we valued our sanity and time, we said no thanks and braved it without internet and data reception. I know, first world problems.

The first night was acceptable since it was cool and no one else appeared to be staying on our floor. The next night, however, was much warmer (no A/C in the rooms) and with the paper thin walls - it was apparent that a lot of sleep was out of the question - despite the sleep number beds.

To make matters worse, the elevator broke down that day, so any journey from our room to anywhere else required us to first find the unmarked staircases (they're labeled fire exit - not stairs or anything that would leave you to believe that's what they were) and then go up and or down several flights of stairs. Fun. Double fun when the HOTEL STAFF HAD NO IDEA where the stairs were located and could not direct us to them. Wondering around in a warm building trying to find the stairway is AWESOME!

Not.

Additionally and unbeknownst to us when we booked the place, their main pool was closed (really, in June?) and their restaurant was closed (again - really, in June?). So we were stuck with the options of going into town (which is about a 15 minute drive) or eating the limited & overpriced foods at their deli. Again, fun.

Personally, I think I will stay clear of this place. The rooms are outdated, dirty if you look at them in the light, and the customer service stinks to high heaven. No thanks.

Room Tip: Don't come here in the summer since the rooms do not have A/C. Also, bring ear plugs because of...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank johnnymavrik
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We are owners at the Ridge and recently stayed on Bonus Time. I have always enjoyed all that the Ridge has to offer and this last trip was no exception. Everything you need for a great vacation is on the premises. On our recent trip I was very happy and impressed with the front desk Staff, Nina, Brian and Daisy who helped us with our room requests and also helped with a last minute room for some family members who decided to stay also. They were all professional, helpful and friendly. Sharon at the Concierge desk also helped us out and gave us great ideas for dinner, Happy Hour etc. As always a great stay at The Ridge Tahoe.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DeniceF885
Reviewed June 11, 2013

They are very nice and very clean! It is worth the money and skiing is great And the food is good to but there is no room service the lodge is good. And the walk is not that bad. The kids have fun with racquetball and basketball too

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Yvette F
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at The Ridge for a weekend getaway this May. We booked a 1 bedroom condo, which was more reasonable than many hotel rooms down the hill. We were assigned to the 5th floor in the Cascade building. It was a very nicely furnished unit, complete with gas fireplace, full kitchen, dining room, and a huge bathroom with oversized jacuzzi tub plus separate shower. We were a little disappointed with the view, as we overlooked the entrance and the adjacent hill; which was pleasant enough; but we did not have the unending Carson Valley views. We had told them we were celebrating our anniversary, so I guess the jacuzzi tub made up for the limited view. We also enjoyed the rooftop jacuzzi tubs, one indoor and one outdoor. We noticed several bbq grills and a large patio area with tables and chairs. From the Cascade building you have easy access to the Knoll pool and another spa. We decided to go for a hike one day, and found a short path that lead to the Tahoe Rim Trail. We followed that for a while, and decided to continue until we found nice views of the lake, a fairly short distance. We saw Bald Eagles and other birds along the trail. We ate in the Marketplace Cafe when we returned and had a wonderful fresh turkey panini and a salad. We were splitting the salad and the sandwich, and I had asked for my dressing on the side; and we had asked for no onions on the sandwich. Somehow they got this mixed up and put onions on my dh's half of the sandwich. He mentioned this when the food was delivered, and started to take back his half and re-do it. DH just took the onions out, and said no problem. A couple of minutes later, our server/cook brought out another half sandwich anyway!!! It was terrific and since we were splitting, we put it to good use! We didn't even use 1/4 of the facility or services offered there, but we were very happy with everything.

Room Tip: The Cascade building has oversized jacuzzi tubs, and rooftop spas, both indoor and outdoor, as well...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe
#2 of 9 in Stateline
3 mi away
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#7 of 65 in South Lake Tahoe
Ridge Pointe Tahoe
Ridge Pointe Tahoe
#7 of 9 in Stateline

Been to The Ridge Tahoe? Share your experiences!