“The only place to stay in Tahoe! Just Listen”

Lakeside Inn and Casino
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Stateline
benicia,calif
“The only place to stay in Tahoe! Just Listen”
Reviewed March 31, 2007

We lived in tahoe for 5 years and we still have many friends here but why should you stay here 4 Reasons; Spotless rooms,$2 drinks,$8 prime rib dinner, And of course Linda, sandy, Lori, and the rest of the staff at lakeside. I am telling you this because we we ran a motel here for 5 years and lakeside was good to all guest's,the other hotels are find but ask any local and they will tell you to go to lakeside.You know if you come here you will always be treated great, i tell you this beacuse it is so true & not a endorsment of lakeside. Come here once stay a day or two and see for yourself. We were just 1 night on march 13, to see some former employees, and see our friends at lakeside. This was the first time we have been back in 3 years since we left @ lakeside is still the best. I would not steer you wrong give it a try.

Stayed March 2007
12 Thank nickent55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Colorado
Reviewed January 9, 2007

My husband and I spent two nights at the Lakeside Inn and Casino in Stateline, NV last week, 1/2 and 1/3. We drove with my husband's parents from Las Vegas to Lake Tahoe. My in-law's had reservations at the Horizon Hotel and Casino through a Fairfield Offer. Check-in was fine. We booked our hotel through Priceline and paid $116.08 including tax for the two nights. We had to give them a $20 deposit for incidentals at check-in. We stayed in room 166 which was right next to the pool and hot tub. We had a sliding glass door where we could walk right out to it. It would have been ideal if it were summer. Both were heated, but it was very cold while we were there and we didn't want to risk getting sick. In fact, a winter snow storm hit last Thursday as we left town. We got out just in time. We had a king-size bed. It was on the hard side, but we like hard beds, so it was O.K. We had a coffee maker in the room, which made my husband happy. The bathroom was O.K. but had some hair in the tub and on the floor. For the mostpart, the room was clean. The headboard, dresser and night stands are all made of notty trees and are very rustic looking, what you would find in a cabin next to the lake, hence the name. There was a piece of strange tree art made of plywood behind our bed. I thought it looked tacky. The buildings are separate from the casino and hotel check-in desk. We parked right outside our building and were on the main floor, so we didn't have any steps or elevators. We did not have a lake view from our hotel, although my in-law's did from their room at the Horizon Hotel. We ate breakfast at our hotel and the prices seemed a little high. They do offer a free breakfast to senior's if you go to the player's club. Make sure you pay attention to the locations and times written on the cards they give you since they have two different restaurants that offer the lower priced breakfast at different times.

I would stay at Lakeside again if we got a great deal, otherwise, I would stay at Harrah's or Harvey's the next time we are in town.

• Liked — Next to the pool and hot tub
  • Disliked — The decor
  • Tips/Secrets — None
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank COMizzouFan
Reviewed April 27, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Lakeside Inn for a weekend getaway and had a very
nice time. We enjoyed the intimate feeling of the casino, and after going to the larger
ones earlier in the day, wanted to get back to "our" casino to relax. We really enjoyed the $2.00 drinks, and the breakfast deals at The Timber Lodge restaurant were really great. The room was nothing fancy and did not have a view (or clock or fridge), but was clean with a comfortable king sized bed. I thought our room was a little pricey, ($195/night)
but it was kind of last minute and we were glad to find something available. We would
stay here again.

• Stayed April 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 14, 2006

Don't get me wrong, this place needs a renovation and an update. However, the rooms were very clean and the service was great. We got a room for $49, including a $10 food credit and let's just say that my expectations were low.

The rooms were a bit small but, both the room and the bathroom were one of the cleanest I have been in, including "nicer" hotels. The best part? They actually triple sheet the beds, meaning that the blanket has a flat sheet on either side of it. You never have to touch the blanket, which gets laundered not as much as anyone would like. (Not just here, but at all hotels)

I actually enjoyed the fact that the rooms were in a separate builidng than the casino. It keeps that stale, cigarette smell out of your stuff!

Be sure to hit the restaurant for the $2.99 breakfast. It is well worth it! Plus, you cannot beat the $2 drinks.

I would definitely stay again as the price was right and the hotel was better than I could have expected.

• Stayed April 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 23, 2006

We stayed at the Lakeside the 17th -20th for a friends wedding. The service there was outstanding. From the front desk lady, to the housekeepers, to the craps dealers, and the restaraunt employees. Every one of them were pleasant and had a smile on their face. The Lakeside doesnt try to be what it isnt. Its not Cesars, or Horizon. It is a great value and a lot of fun.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 9, 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Lakeside Inn for five nights while on a ski trip and while we weren't that excited about the facility, we did like the people, the food and the drinks.

The room was pretty standard. It was small, the bed was a bit firm and there was no view or fridge. It was a motel room. Nothing fancy. And we had to haul some heavy luggage up stairs to the second floor, which was not great.

The casino was small and they touted their single deck blackjack as such a great thing, but they had some restrictive rules and they never went more than halfway through the deck before re-shuffling, so the house was definitely finding a way to win. And they only had one shoe game that they opened up when it was very busy. So, I wasn't real excited about the way the casino was run.

But we were excited about the $2 drinks that they had everywhere, all the time. And they were not small or weak. They were full-sized and good. Also, the Mexican restaurant (Taberna) was excellent! The Timber House restaurant had a great $8.95 prime rib special and some very adequate $2.99 breakfast specials. We only went out of the hotel to eat on two occasions. There was no need to go elsewhere.

We also thought the staff was very nice and pleasant no matter what department they were in. The front desk was very helpful. The restaurant personnel were sweet and kind. The dealers were personable. And the pit boss (or whatever that person is) was nice enough to give me a couple of decks of cards when I asked for some. I tried that in Vegas and the lady blew me off like I was nothing.

I would say that this hotel is not for the picky, but a great place for someone who is not too snobby to occassionally stay in a Motel 6. If I go to South Lake Tahoe again I would probably shoot for one of the nicer hotels and go to Lakeside to eat and watch a sporting event.

• Stayed January 2006
11 Thank George W
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed February 6, 2006

Old, dirty, smells bad, and very unfriendly. I researched all the hotels in the area and thought the Inn was the best deal with a rating of 4.5 out of 5. Should be more like 2.0 out of 5. Not sure how they got such a high review with such a horrible place. The room was very tiny, carpet ripped out, no frig, and seemed very worn out. I asked for two beds, got one king instead and had to share with a dude. The view was not good, it was not close to other casinos, the shower was terrible, and the staff was very rude. It looks and feels like a cheap broken down 70s motel. The place smelled like cigarettes and flatulence. If your looking for something clean, nice, inexpensive and close, don't stay here! Your much better of at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed February 2006
14 Thank Scott F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa
#11 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Stardust Lodge
Stardust Lodge
#5 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Lakeside Inn and Casino? Share your experiences!