“Clean Comfortable Convenient Cozy Casino with Great Value Restaurants and Friendly Pleasant Staff”

Lakeside Inn and Casino
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Stateline
Fresno, Ca.
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I spent 2 nights here and was very happy with my stay. Both on-site restaurants were great. The Timber Lodge had really good breakfasts- especially the "Carrot Cake Pancakes". The Latin Soul restaurant lived up to the hype and I went more than once during my time in Tahoe. Try the Poppers- fabulous!

Hotel staff were consistently pleasant and helpful. Pet-friendly rooms are available. The room was very clean, the bed comfortable, and the only downside was some wear on the curtains. A fridge is available upon request.

I will gladly stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank devamailtrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Keizer, Oregon
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Lakeside Inn Hotel and Casino is your best bet in Stateline. The casino is charming, has a great assortment of machines in a variety of denominations, and the staff is very accommodating.
The majority of machines are multi-denominational and that is a good thing. It makes it easy and convenient to switch from nickels to pennies to quarters to dollars on the same machine. For the nostalgics there is a bank of machines near the casino cage that pay off in dollar tokens. The machines accept bills and when a winning combination appears the tokens clang and cha-ching
into the bowl. I love that sound, the sound of money!

The beverage service was wonderful. Annette is the cocktail waitress who took my order most often. She smiled, greeted me, and then asked for my order. She is a pro. With or without alcohol my drink was delivered promptly and with a smile. You are wonderful, Annette.

The gift shop is as big as my walk-in closet but it certainly offers a nice variety of merchandise: souvenirs, candy, purses & totes, post cards, calendars, home decor items, candles, and T-shirts; the list goes on.

The staff in the Lakeside Inn are friendly. They provided a sense of welcoming hospitality and graciousness. There is a great sense of security while playing in the casino. I did not come across any weirdos or vagrant types. The games are top notch, and with two great restaurants it was easy and convenient for dining.

Do not miss visiting the Lakeside Inn. I did not stay in the inn. I was allowed to take a peek into two different types of rooms and they looked good to me. The pool and hot tub are on a patio with suites adjacent. It all looked clean and appealing. I have already booked my October, 2012, trip.

Sushi Pier is across the street when the mood strikes.

Travel via the Blue Bus to go shopping, sight seeing, and casino hopping. The fare is $2.00 and $1.00 for disabled travelers. The bus stops directly in front of the casino. You can travel the route to see most of Stateline and South Lake Tahoe, CA. You can also transfer to Carson City to see the State Capitol and other sites.

The Lakeside Inn is a great place to visit!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jeanne_Lang
Denver, Iowa
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We spent 8 days there and were very satisfied. Rooms were large, rustic style- wasn't as fancy as some of the "big name" hotels however the most important part were they were clean!! Ate breakfast there everyday, food was good and staff all over the motel were very friendly and helpful. Only downside we had was there was no elevator to get to the rooms so we had to carry our luggage upstairs - there was an elevator inside the main building and casino but no walk-way to your rooms, had to go outside. Had a small pool area which was kept clean daily. Air conditioner worked well and beds were comfortable. Coffee maker in the room. Found out later we could have requested a refrigerator. They do have smoking or non-smoking rooms and also have pet rooms. All in all, we would recommend this place unless you are wanting something more plush and would go back.

Room Tip: Just let them know what you would like, and they will do their best to accomodate you. Our room fac...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank alibisal
Petaluma, California
Reviewed July 19, 2012

After the car problems we had on our drive up from the Bay area, I was hoping we hadn't made a mistake in reserving a room here. I had read that it was older and the decor was dated. Well, that is true. However, the room was spotless. The air conditioning worked great. I didn't hear our neighbors. The casino was just steps away. They have a $4.99 breakfast that was very good. The pool and hot tub were wonderful. The staff went out of their way to recommend a mechanic who could help us on a Sunday, and that turned out perfectly.
The casino isn't as flashy (or as loose) as some, but we still had a great time.
Considering that our weekend get-away was sidetracked by having repairs done on our car, we were glad we stayed here and plan to return.

2 Thank l_s_hobson
Chico, California
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Summer weekend rates for the big 4 Stateline hotels were very high, so we tried the Lakeside Inn and Casino. Good price, clean rustic-style room and great restaurant service.

1 Thank Robert C
sacramento
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Rooms were large, Really Comfortable beds !!
My wife is real picky when it comes to clean rooms.
The rooms are clean, But, Super outdated to the max !!
We came up on a Groupon deal for 2 nights.
Didn't use the free pictures of beer because of the Cigarette smoke smell in the casinos.
First room had a musty old smell to it, Upgraded to a Mini Bar room, Same thing, Musty old smell. My wife told me they need to do a once a year Deep Cleaning and the rooms won't have a funky old smell.
Here's the best part, They are Pet Friendly, We have one small dog, No Grass to take him Potty, Just weeds and stickers, But, Oh well, It worked.
The Employees are incredibly friendly!”
If I see another Groupon, I'll use it again !!

Room Tip: Make sure A/C work's if It's Hot outside !!
1 Thank nocturnal1
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 27, 2012

For my sisters 21st birthday we decided on Lake Tahoe. Long story short we spent it waiting on housekeeping to bring us clean blankets, since one of ours had a suspicious stain and the other .... Dirt! They were even so kind to call back to confirm they would be fixing the problem.... Yet they failed to ever show up that night with clean sheets! My sister and I froze all night. Then awoke the next day after a horrible nights "sleep" still freezing and a sore throat to top it off! So thank you LakeSide Inn;)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa
#11 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Stardust Lodge
Stardust Lodge
#5 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe

Been to Lakeside Inn and Casino? Share your experiences!