“Hidden Opulence”

Ciera Steak & Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Ciera Steak & Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 59 Restaurants in Stateline
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

WOW, what can I say!
Came up to Tahoe last week, mid week. There was a special pre-summer, prix fixe menu available for $30 a person. I had made an early reservation based on a recommendation from our hotel concierges & Tripadvisor reviews. We were escorted to a private booth, sheesh, that was a first. I didn't realize it was such a fancy place, I felt I didn't dress appropriately for the occasion, my husband & daughter were miffed that they weren't all "fancy-swanky" for the event.But the Maître d' was not stuffy, nor were any of the wait staff :)
Our daughter ordered the salmon with French Onion soup, my husband & I the Filet Mignon with Caesar salads. Both of the starters were fresh & tasty. Warm, fresh bread with 3 different butters to choose from, yum! The wait staff were on-point in their service, filling water glasses, checking on our progress without the "helicopter hovering".
The salmon came with a Béarnaise sauce, so wonderful & mild, pairing the salmon beautifully. Our daughter usually dismisses any sauces with her salmon, she told the waiter how much she enjoyed it. She asked about the ingredients & they sent the Chef out to tell her more about the sauce-that was pretty cool. Our steaks were cooked to PERFECTION, medium-rare. Ended the meal with amazing desserts. Hubby & daughter had the Molten Chocolate Lava cake, I had the Mango Cheesecake. They were in heaven, I was shocked! I expected a sliver of cheesecake (you know, the normal serving), it was HUGE, about 1/4 pounder-6 oz.,no lie. Then they brought out giant chocolate covered strawberries-OMG! I ended up taking most of the cheesecake back to the hotel room-it was very nice the next day. It was a great meal, even if had been at the regular prices.
It should be noted that the next night we went to the Charthouse, nice views, but Cierra totally kicked their butt.

3  Thank Cindi8

Reviewed May 13, 2014

For $30 (in a restaurant where dinner would normally be about $50 for me) you get all the break you want, a starter (soup or salad), entrée (Alaskan King Salmon, Free Range Chicken, a great sounding vegetarian dish, or Filet), and dessert (Cheesecake, Chocolate Lava Cake, or Fresh Berries) AND then they bring two beautiful, iced cold, chocolate dipped strawberries on the house. I don't think you can beat this anywhere! The food was perfectly prepared, and the service is impeccable. The atmosphere is very nice and occurred as smoke free.

One other thing is that Ciera (at the MontBleu Resort & Casino) takes Open Table reservations!

2  Thank DeniKritzman
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Okay so I'm kind of particular about food but this meal was delicious! We ordered the 24oz steak for 2 and it was awesome. Every part of it was perfect. The service was great. The drinks were good. And then there is the strawberries a nice surprise and I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant where you get complimentary chocolate covered strawberries !
Definitely ask for a booth it's private and romantical <3
It's definitely one of the best restaurants I've been too. Great service and delicious food. It's on the pricey side but come on don't you deserve it? :)

1  Thank Julia G
Reviewed April 2, 2014

The restaurant is located inside of Mont Bleu casino. Unlike the upscale restaurants at the other casinos in South Lake Tahoe, this one is on the ground floor and does not have scenic views of the lake.
Maybe it is for this reason that they have an amazing deal: $30 for a three course menu (only available Wed, Thu, Sun). We went on a Thursday night and both chose the prix fixe menu. There was a choice of appetizers including a delicious salad and several kinds of soup. Then there was a choice of four entrees (steak, chicken, salmon and veggie) - we both got the filet mignon steak which was incredible. It was cooked on point and was butter-soft. Very good. It came with truffled salt which gave the meat an amazing flavour.
For dessert the choices were somewhat less attractive and we ended up getting the chocolate lava cake. Normally the dessert is my favourite part of the meal but this time the steak was much better - the cake was still nice though.
The ambience is ok - there are no windows so it is a bit gloomy, but they clearly try to make it feel cozy. Our waiters were attentive - as others have commented, maybe a bit _too_ attentive, although we didn't feel rushed to make our selections or to leave.
Overall, we had a great meal for an amazing price. We are very glad we tried this place!
You should definitely make reservations online (even the day of; can be done via their website) because the seats do fill up. When we arrived, several parties were turned away with a 2 hour wait.

2  Thank Eva T
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My brother took me here for a dinner while we were on a family vacation on the 21st of March (everyone else was too tired to leave the house; their loss)!!

Everyone we interacted with were kind, courteous, friendly and professional (the only request of change would be that the constant HOVERING be ceased! We started laughing and timed the amounts of "hello, is everything ok" from personnel; it was approximately 8 minutes apart during the ENTIRE meal; LOL)!

The choice of fresh bread offered, so delicious as was the very small, cherry-sized samplings of butter (one regular, one pesto, one cranberry). Would've been nice to try/share another piece of flavored bread (choice of sour dough, asiago or whole-wheat) with less scraping of the pesto butter, to get every last drop (I relented and let brother have it all)!! LOL!

We ordered the Sautéed Mushroom Ragout which included shiitake, chanterelle and portobella mushrooms which had been sauteed in garlic and shallots and finished with bourbon; outstanding as well as the roasted garlic mashed potatoes which were also fabulous. My brother had the 24oz. Porterhouse which he said was delicious although a tad fatty and my filet oscar was a teeny-bit undercooked and could've had a few more "chunks" of jumbo lump crab meat; all-in-all, the flavor and presentation, marvelous.

However, we each ordered their molten lava cake which was presented so beautifully with mini chocolate wall sculptures, we almost didn't notice the missing lava. The internal chocolate was a clump of fabulous-tasting, but solid fudge; no volcanic flowing here (which is part of the deliciousness of that particular dessert).

All-in-all, would return (if in the area) with a desire for less hovering and more flowing!!!

2  Thank muttlee