“Not Bad For the Only Show In Town”
Review of Cabo Wabo

Cabo Wabo
Ranked #30 of 58 Restaurants in Stateline
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2014

A girlfriend and I stayed in South Lake Tahoe for a wedding this June. There is not much going on during this off-season for Lake Tahoe, so when we wandered by Cabo Wabo on Saturday night we were just happy to find a place to hang out and have some late night cocktails (who wants to go to bed at 9pm on vacation?!)

I have been to a couple other Cabo Wabo's and the drinks at this place were much stronger than I experienced before. I am not sure if it was the particular bartenders on that night, but we ordered the "Tahoe Wahoe" and it was fantastic. This is a tough feat since I am a big fan of very strong drinks. My only slight complaint was that we were looked at with quite the disdain whenever we went up to order waters. Considering how much we were spending on these (albeit delicious and heavy handed) drinks, I felt a little miffed that they would be annoyed by a water order, but I suppose it happens.

There was also a cover band playing which was fantastic (I think they were called A Train). They played everything from modern pop to some classics and kept the crowd going. It made for a fantastic evening and we were thoroughly satisfied by the time we wobbled home a few hours later.

Based on my previous C.W. experiences, the food is generally mediocre and I am sure this location isn't much different. But for a late night scene when not much else is going on in Tahoe, this is a great spot for some drinks and dancing.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I wasn't impressed with this location whatsoever. I've been to other Cabo Wabos and this one doesn't seem to be up to par.

After seeing the quality of the service and food, we opted just to take shots at the bar and a cocktail and move onto the next, more entertaining, stop on our stay in Tahoe.

1  Thank BuddhaInHeels
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Don't waste your time. Very disappointed after hearing so many great things. Thought it would be festive like Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville in Vegas but very boring. Zero atmosphere unless you like the warehouse feeling with a couple of multi colored chairs and some pictures of Sammy...who cares! Service was so so....only three other tables and it still took ten minutes to get a too sweet to drink ...over priced Patron Margarita and a Corona....I think we will pass our Corona somewhere else the next time...Nice try Sammy but put some money in the place!! It's your name that is on it!!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

I am not a lover of Mexican food but the salmon here, with a spice rub and a sauce may change my mind. I loved it! There Marquita's were VERY large. Thankfully they had a plastic glass with lid so i could take it with me. The chips and salsa were warm and tasty. There was just no room for desert.
Facility was a little dark, but we had a spot light right on our table which made it plenty bright. Service was good.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Food was average Mexican food, the margaritas were very good
visited during the slow season and for awhile we were they only ones there.

1  Thank psmwfd