“Not worth the money”

Hard Rock Cafe
Ranked #7 of 57 Restaurants in Stateline
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: 6,225 feet above sea level in the Sierra Nevadas sits Lake Tahoe, spanning the bold state line between California and Nevada. With a leg on either side of that divide, you can bet this popular resort area has a slightly split personality. Roughly half the visitors here plan to kick back California-style on the side that bears the Golden State's name, to engage in low-key sightseeing, hiking, fishing, camping and boating, while the other half heads straight for Nevada, and all that that name heralds. Ritzy attractions, big-name entertainment and the lure of the jackpot beckon at abundant glittering casinos there, so, what? You can't decide? Ehh - don't sweat it. We've struck a happy balance for ye of many interests. The Hard Rock Cafe Lake Tahoe is located in Harvey's Resort and Casino, just 5 minutes from Heavenly Ski Resort and only 1,000 yards from Lake Tahoe itself. So whether you gamble your money in casinos or your life on the mountains, the Hard Rock Cafe Lake Tahoe is the perfect place. Our Alpine ski lodge decor makes you feel right at home if you're ready to relax, but if gaming the night away is more your style, our triangular bar in the restaurant's center features 18 video poker machines to make you feel like a real high roller. And if you've worked up an appetite from all this, you better believe you've come to the right place. Nevada Magazine rated Hard Rock Cafe Tahoe the #1 burger in the state! So step inside the Hard Rock Lake Tahoe and walk the state line for a rocking great time.
Makawao, Hawaii
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Came with my family to the Hard Rock, I had never eaten there before so I didnt know what to expect. I did not expect to get an overpriced TGI Fridays meal with very poor service. The only thing that was really good was the margarita I had. Save your money.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Dennis V
HardRockLakeTahoe, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
I would like to apologize for the poor service you experienced during your first visit to the Hard Rock in Lake Tahoe. I can insure you that we take pride at delivering quality food and service to all of our guests and it is clear that we fell short of this goal during your visit. Please feel free to contact me off line to talk about your visit in more detail lake_tahoe_gm@hardrock.com or you can call me at the café. Once again I apologize for the lack of service you experienced and I hope that you will give me a chance to win you back over as a patron. Sincerely Jeremy DesJardins

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good as ever”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

One thing with Hard Rock is the consistency wherever you go. Well done guys, another excellent evening. Keep up the good work.

Visited February 2014
Thank you for the positive feedback on the food and service and we hope to see you again soon.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Great burgers!”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Went to the Hard Rock Cafe in Harveys for dinner.

A popular and lively place. A little load if you want a conversation across the table. Had to wait about 20 minutes for a table. I don't know if they take reservations, we didn't ask, but would have been handy.

The salad was fine, but the Legendary 10oz Burger which was topped with seasoned bacon, cheddar cheese, a fried onion ring, lettuce, tomato, and pickles was really good.

Always interesting memorabilia in a Hard Rock Cafe and this one was no exception.

Worth a visit.

San Jose, California
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We came here with another family for dinner and had a great time! We had 4 kids and a baby with us and they set us in an area that was perfect for our group. The kids loved the music videos and seeing everything on the walls and we didn't have to worry about them getting excited because it is a fairly loud place. The food was honestly better than I expected too. My husband got a salad that he said was good and I got the Tupolo chicken tenders. Note: the menu does not state that there are chili flakes in the coating so when I took a bite I got quite a surprise! I let our server know that I don't like spicy food and she replaced them with plain ones right away! Our server was very attentive, got us refills promptly and was really great with the kids. Even the hostess that sat us was very friendly with our little girls and had them "help her" carry the crayons to the table (which they loved doing.) The food isn't fine dining but for the "pub fare" type food it was good and tasted fresh. Overall we had a great experience and would definitely come back. Great place to go with kids of all ages too!

San Jose, California
“Atomsphere was nice, Food not so good!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Visited over Valentine weekend and was definitely not impressed with the food. I got the BBQ pulled chicken sandwich and my husband got the Ribs & pulled pork duo. The ribs were burnt and dry except for the two ribs in the middle which was so disappointing to my husband who's mouth was watering for those, the pulled pork sandwich was good so at least that made up for it a little. The fries, chili beans, and cole slaw that came with it were average and the corn bread was horrible, tasted like it was two days old, very dry! My pulled chicken sandwich was average, not seasoned well at all. I asked for extra BBQ sauce which helped the taste tremendously. We got potato skins as an appetizer and those were just mediocre. Loved the atmosphere but seriously disappointed in the food. Our bill came out to $51 and it was sure a big waste of money.