“Typical HR cafe, but sparse on artifacts”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Ranked #7 of 59 Restaurants in Stateline
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: 6,225 feet above sea level in the Sierra Nevadas sits Lake Tahoe, spanning the bold state line between California and Nevada. With a leg on either side of that divide, you can bet this popular resort area has a slightly split personality. Roughly half the visitors here plan to kick back California-style on the side that bears the Golden State's name, to engage in low-key sightseeing, hiking, fishing, camping and boating, while the other half heads straight for Nevada, and all that that name heralds. Ritzy attractions, big-name entertainment and the lure of the jackpot beckon at abundant glittering casinos there, so, what? You can't decide? Ehh - don't sweat it. We've struck a happy balance for ye of many interests. The Hard Rock Cafe Lake Tahoe is located in Harvey's Resort and Casino, just 5 minutes from Heavenly Ski Resort and only 1,000 yards from Lake Tahoe itself. So whether you gamble your money in casinos or your life on the mountains, the Hard Rock Cafe Lake Tahoe is the perfect place. Our Alpine ski lodge decor makes you feel right at home if you're ready to relax, but if gaming the night away is more your style, our triangular bar in the restaurant's center features 18 video poker machines to make you feel like a real high roller. And if you've worked up an appetite from all this, you better believe you've come to the right place. Nevada Magazine rated Hard Rock Cafe Tahoe the #1 burger in the state! So step inside the Hard Rock Lake Tahoe and walk the state line for a rocking great time.
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Food was good, as is usual with Hard Rock, but the ambiance wasn't what I expected. Sure it is at Tahoe and the "woodsy" theme fits (lampshade with animals, etc), but I anticipated it to be bigger and to have more "stuff", such as more guitars on the walls, etc. guess I expected more like other HR Cafés I've visited.

Food was good...

HardRockLakeTahoe, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

It is great to hear that you had a positive dining experience with us and hope to see you again on your next visit to the Tahoe area. Sorry that you were not impressed with our memorabilia selection. Next time in, take a look at the “Rock Wall” located near the front of the café. This is an interactive 48 inch touch screen that will give you more info on our memorabilia as well as the ability to search for pieces located around the world at other Hard Rock locations. Thanks again for the feedback on the great food.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was Hard Rock number 57 for my wife and I and we were pleased at the atmosphere that fits the area around Lake Tahoe. It has nice character for one that is in a casino with a log cabin frame around it. We both had the fajitas and they were excellent. We started with our traditional Santa Fe spring rolls. Both the food and the service were outstanding. I had a birthday rewards certificate for a free dessert and it was a nice sunday that we split. My only wish is that they feature some local beer on draft but I can not complain about New Castle. I would say it has great atmosphere for a casino Hard Rock. Worth taking a break from or having a meal before gambling. They also have a store at the opposite end of the casino where we bought pins.

Thank you for the awesome review!! It is great to have some positive feedback from a true Hard Rock fan. I am glad that you made Lake Tahoe number 57 and hope that you will continue your quest to hit all of our locations. Thank You!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great food and atmosphere and location right next to the Harvey's Sports Book. We have never been disappointed by the food and service we have received at this Hard Rock!

Thank you for the great review and we hope to see you again at the Hard Rock in Lake Tahoe!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Service was outstanding! Bravo! Food was good just more than one can eat in one serving. Appetizer was good just don't make your eyes bigger than your stomach.

HardRockLakeTahoe, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for the awesome five star review. YOU ROCK!!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We try to visit Hard Rock Cafe's when we visit new areas. For us it has always been a safe bet when dining in an unfamiliar city. That being said, this location did not live up to the expectations we had from visiting locations in 10 other cities. We visited on a Thursday night @ about 6:00 PM and people certainly were not busting down the doors. We were seated immediately and I would estimate that they were at less than 25% capacity. The menu is a little more limited than we have found at other locations, i.e. no half rack of ribs. Nobody needs a full rack. My wife settle for a salad. I chose the New York steak and it certainly didn't live up to the hype from the hostess. If it was as "better than the one at Harvey's Steakhouse," thank goodness we didn't go there. It was only fair and not very tender, the vegetables appeared to have been from the day before and tasted as such.

With the restaurant being sparsely occupied I would have expected the service to have been more prompt. It took so long to get a second beer, that I had almost already finished my dinner when the hostess turned server dropped it off at our table. The only redeeming factor about this location is that the music is not quite as loud as traditional locations. I's take the noise to have a better dining experience.

Michael,
I would like to apologize for the unacceptable service that you received during your last visit to the Hard Rock in Lake Tahoe. I can insure you that we take pride at delivering a quality dining experience to all of our guests and it is very clear that we fell short of this on your last visit. Our service staff is extensively trained on the food and beverage selections and there is no excuse for not going into detail on any of our offerings. I have already fallowed up with the server that did not live up to Hard Rock standards during your visit and I believe that your valuable feedback will help to make us more consistent. Once again, I do apologize and hope that you can look past this experience and give the Hard Rock a second chance.
Sincerely