“Excellent Food - Spectacular View”
Review of Chart House

Chart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Stateline
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 50
Montgomery, Texas
“Excellent Food - Spectacular View”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

My wife and I ate here our last night in Lake Tahoe. We made early reservations through Open Table. They were very busy, even early on a Wednesday night. When we arrived about 10 minutes before our scheduled reservation, I asked if we could have a window table. After only a few minutes wait we were seated next to one of the huge windows that look down the mountain toward Lake Tahoe. The wait staff were very good to gradually lower the sun shades and the sun slowly sank in the west. We started with a couple of their special cocktails, my wife having a Pomegranate Mojito and myself their Tuaca Lemon Drop Martini. Both were very good. As a starter, we split their chopped salad. It was very good, although I would have preferred a few less red onions, but it was perfect for my wife. We both opted for the smaller cut prime rib dinner which came with Yukon Gold mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus. The cuts were very tender and were seasoned and cooked very well. We each also had a glass of J Lohr 7 Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon with our beef. They were also excellent. We finished off the meal splitting one of their signature desserts, the Lava Cake which had to be ordered in advance since it takes about 20-30 minutes to prepare. Overall a very enjoyable and relaxing meal in a beautiful setting.

“Second class citizen”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Don't visit this restaurant unless you are a member of their frequent visitor program.

I made a reservation 2 weeks in advance. Twenty five minutes after our reservation time we were seated in the very loud and crowded bar! The rude hostess said they seated everyone before us at dining tables because they were members of the frequent visitor program. Bartender took our drink order, served the drinks and left to tend bar. No bread basket as we waited to give our dinner order. Clearly her responsibility was to tend bar - not wait tables. After a very long wait (in the NOISY bar) we were able to order dinner. We watched everyone else seated in the bar move to the dining area. Staff wanted to argue instead of providing good customer service. After speaking with the manager we were moved to a decent table.

Steak was good - chocolate molten cake just OK.

Evening was to celebrate friends birthday - evening was a bomb. Both left with headaches and nothing good to say about the evening.

Manager comped the meals - did not matter. From the time I checked in until I walked out the door I felt like a second class citizen. As I said to the manager, with service like I was provided I have no desire to ever return.

Be warned - if this is your first visit you'll be treated like a second class citizen.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Ranae D
Essex
“Superb evening”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Managed to get a late dinner booking ...21.00hrs. Our US friends are used to eating dinner at 18.00hrs or earlier so this was a tad late for them. Lovely layout with tables facing the windows. Was getting very dark but able to see the Lake for a while. Attentive waiter. Starters....my wife and I had the lobster and prawn rolls. Our friends had the coconut shrimps. We had a glass of Pinot Grigio and a Merlot. Mains....stuffed Tellapia for my wife and Fran. Bill had Macadamia crusted Mahi Mahi. I had surf and turf....scallops and steak...lovely. We both had the chocolate lava dessert between us. Excellent ambience......fine dining at it's best and a fitting end to a great week in Lake Tahoe before drive to Vegas in morning.....

Visited August 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent food with stunning views”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We went to this restaurant with friends and kids to celebrate a special occasion. The food was amazing. The seafood platter, the pan seared Ahi, the chimichuri shrimps, all were unbelievably tasty. Then comes the dessert. The hot molten lava cake is well worth ordering in advance as it has a 30 min cooking time but the Godiva chocolate molten center was perfect. The key lime pie and cheesecake also were outstanding. Excellent service, all in all a fabulous meal and a real time.

Anchorage, AK
“Lovely family evening”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Our large family party, including two young children, were accommodated easily and treated well during our visit. The ambiance is elegant but not fussy, the staff treated us very well. The food was well prepared. The only glitch was that our vegetable side dish was not brought with the rest of the meal and didn't arrive until we were nearly done. Nonetheless, our group had a good time and enjoyed our meal thoroughly. If we were ever in the area again, this is the restaurant we would visit.