“Breathtaking views and delicious cuisine”
Review of Chart House

Chart House
Reserve with OpenTable
Chart House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Stateline
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 50
Naperville, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breathtaking views and delicious cuisine”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

When I made the reservation, I asked for a window seat overlooking Lake Tahoe. I was told there were no guarantees. When we arrived we were escorted by Nicole to the perfect table for 2 with an amazing view of the lake. When I thanked her for the table, Nicole said that we had come all the way from Chicago to be there, so she made sure we had a perfect table. Blake, our server, made wonderful recommendations for our menu selections, was charming and very attentive. Please note that there was no dress code there, though most were dressed business casual, some jeans and button-downs.

• Visited September 2013

New Jersey
“Awesome Food..Strange Waiter”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We went to the Chart House to celebrate a birthday and enjoy the views. We have been to the Chart House before in another location and knew the food was exceptional. We had a 7:15 reservation on a Monday night. When we arrived (on time) we were told there would be a wait. OK...no problem. The sun was setting so we went to the deck out back for a picture and when we came back in our reservation was given away!! We were gone a total of 10 minutes. I never thought to tell anyone where we were going and usually the hostess will call out for you...ok..I'll take the blame for that and so we waited another 20 minutes or so. After being seated...this is where is gets weird. Our waiter..first name begins with the letter "R" asks only my husband if he wants an appetizer then proceeds to walk away. Hello!! three other people sitting at the table. He stops and says..."what? do you want something?" Yeah!! We do! I ask for the soup sampler and he comes back and says they have no more gazpacho and what do I want him to do. My husband almost slapped him. "R" was very snippy. I told him I would take a little bit more of the 2 other soups in the sampler to make up for the missing gazpacho. He comes back with the soup sampler with the gazpacho included and tells me the chef made it special so there would be no more added duress at our table. I assure you, we were kind and patient.. he just got more and more snippy. We couldn't figure out whether he was trying to be funny or if he was a real jerk!

With all that said...our food was amazing, drinks were great and "R" finally softened up and even put a candle on the lava cake for my friend without being asked to. The Chart House is real splurge and although the food is always great I expect the waiters to be just as great. Everyone has a bad day...but this was one very strange dinner.

Austin, Texas
“Great View and Good Food”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We made a reservation to see the sunset and enjoy a dinner and we were not disappointed. The view was amazing and we had a nice table in the window. Although the sun was bright, the posts between the windows helped to shield the sun, while allowing a nice view of the sunset.

The food was very good and the salad bar was plentiful. Their famous chocolate dessert was not all that wonderful.. not really worth the value. The fish we had was good and well prepared with yummy flavors and good sides.

Although it is a bit pricey, overall it was a good value (except the dessert). We had one minor problem with my wife's dish, but they did the right thing and took care of it in no time.

Madison, Wisconsin
“Mixed results”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful view..we had a great server. At a table nearby,there was a group of about 12 celebrating something and they were obnoxiously loud--ruined the atmosphere. Also a bartender or cook stood and conversed with another table right next to us for at least ten minutes. Food was ok but considering the price I rate it average. Would go back for the view and have cocktails in the bar, would probably not dine there again.

• Visited July 2013
Kansas City
“A Meal in the Mountains”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We've eaten at several Chart House Restaurants around the country and are always pleased with the experience. The Chart House near Lake Tahoe in Stateline, Nevada was no exception. I had prime rib that melted in my mouth. And our server prepared at our table a spinach greens salad with warm bacon dressing that was to die for. My wife said her scallops were excellent. One thing you can always count on with Chart House is their consistency of quality in the food, the atmosphere and the service. Job well done again.