“Great Front Desk Crew” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Front Desk Crew”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

I stayed here last month and did not know what to expect. My friend in Reno had just passed away and I was in the area for his funeral. I wanted some alone time so I took the short drive up the mountain to Lake Tahoe. The town is not the biggest, not the fanciest, but it means well. I walked into Harrah's because it was the only recognizable brand in the area (there was Horizon, and some Monteblue place and Harveys which i lter found out Harrahs owned). The valet man, by the name of Rico, greeted me with a smile and took my luggage quickly and efficiently. I proceeded to the front desk where I was then greeted by a quirky fellow by the name of Jeff. He was a nice guy, to be honest. We talked some basketball as he checked me in, he is the type of person who is easy to relate to and engages a fun conversation.

Anyways, when I got in my room I was a little disappointed to not have a lake view. I called down to the fron desk and spoke to a young woman by the name of Renelle who told me there were no view rooms, but could hold one for me the following day. The next morning, before I even got up to scout the town, she called to say I could move. It was excellent service. Most people would forget about it and let someone else deal with it. But she addressed me by my name and sent a bellboy to deliver a new pair of keys.

The gentleman , Rod, who gave me my keys was also excellent. He smiled and asked if he could help me with my stuff. I could not beleive how tight and well oiled this service was. I'm planning another trip here soon!

I wish I could get the hotel manager's name and send him or her kind words about this fantastic staff!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
4 Thank OnlyTheGreat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (840)
  • Korean first
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2009

Had a very nice, spacious room at a decent price. Each room at Harrah's has TWO FULL BATHROOMS (one with a tub/shower combo, the other with stand-up shower only). Each has a toilet and sink. At first, my wife and I didn't see much advantage with the two bathrooms, that is until the next morning. Having two bathrooms reduced our 'get-ready' time by probably an hour, and my wife could strow ALL of her curlers, make-up, and other things feminine on her OWN vanity (complete with stool in front of the mirror!).

We could see Lake Tahoe from our room (at an angle), but all rooms above the 7th floor have some kind of scenic view.

Our room had a refrigerator, but no microwave. We could have obtained one from housekeeping, but decided not to.

Overall, our room was very nice, very clean, and had fairly new linens, bedding and furnishings. I would definitely stay there again.

NOTE: As with any gambling town hotel, you will get your best deals on a room Sunday through Thursday nights. You will pay a premium for weekend nights, but combining both makes the overall average nightly cost a great value. Being a Harrah's 'Gold' member (or Platinum) in other Harrah's locations around the country will also get you a better deal on a room.

Casinos: You can gamble in Harrah's Casino or take the underground tunnel under the street to Harvey's (I had good luck at Harvey's !), which is owned by Harrah's. We like to play the casinos, but hate the smoke. Neither Harrah's nor Harvey's has much smoke overall, but that doesn't help when some yo-yo sits down next to you and lights up !!! A casino call "Bill's" is next door to Harrah's, and it is totally smoke-free ! Granted, they only have slots and no table games, but being away from the smokers is great.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
6 Thank cmgs
San Leandro
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2009

Since I was traveling on business on a Monday, I was able get a great rate from the hotel's website(cheaper than Expedia, etc....). Room was very large, nice sitting area, and the two separate bathroom( as a single traveler, this was an over kill). I requested and got a non-smoking room on the 10th floor, but as much as the hotel tries, smoke still enters into the HVAC systems. Being very sensitive to smoke, my eyes were itchy throughout my stay. Besides this, for the price, it was worth it.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank tangster
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2009

Stayed for one night on March 19th for my partner's birthday. We live in North Carolina but included a stay at Harrah's Lake Tahoe for one night as part of a trip to California and Hong Kong for my sister's wedding, and my birthday, respectively. I had reserved a lake view room which was complimentary and upon check-in learned that we'd been upgraded to a jacuzzi suite. It was a very nice, much appreciated upgrade that made our stay memorable.

The room had ceilings made to appear as though they are woodbeam ceilings, a living room and dining area in one room, with french doors separating them from the bedroom. The bathroom had the jacuzzi tub, separate shower, tv and phone, and robes hanging in the closet. There was a separate half bath in the entryway as you come into the room. And of course, the gorgeous lake view! The living room/dining area had the lake view and we had a mountain view from the window in the bedroom.

We ate the buffet that night on the 18th floor ($18.99 per person) and it was very good. We were seated at a table with a lake view. We each gamed a bit in the casino and, while we didn't come out ahead, I won a few small jackpots here and there, including one of $250 on a quarter machine.

All Harrah's properties that I've ever stayed at have been well appointed, comfortable and clean. This one is no exception.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jdljr
Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2009

This hotel for the price is by far the best in South Tahoe. Starting from the unbelievable customer service, to the spacious rooms, the great location and all the other ammenities that they have to offer. It is walking distance to the heavenly gondola, shopping and lots of great restaurants. What really made this hotel stand out is the great customer service from all the working staff. As we would say in Hawaii, "The Aloha Spirit".

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tball808
Pleasanton, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2009

I paid $99 for one night, through hotels.com. My husband and I stayed in a spacious, bright, room. It was clean-thank goodness and filled with modern decor (besides the 70's looking tvs in the 2 bathrooms-yes there were 2 bathrooms...excessive, but fun). The bedcovers were bright white duvet style sheets. I love this in a hotel room, it feels more sanitary than a comforter that probably doesn't get washed as much. The best part of the room was sitting on the couch by the huge picture window and looking at the view of the mountain and ski runs on one side and Lake Tahoe on the other. Wow. We were on the 14th floor so it was an impressive sight.

Other important things to mention-the casino was fun but it took all my money-sigh! There are quite a few restaurants in Harrah's including Hard Rock Cafe, a Fat Burger in the food court, and a Starbucks. Be aware that Starbucks doesn't take gift cards at this location since it is owned by the casino. Parking is free out back and the hotel is within walking distance of the gondola to get up the mountain. Customer service was excellent during check in and out. THe hotel does seem a bit old, it is definitely updated and clean, but if you are one that does not like to look at cracks by the molding in the walls, or a bit of shabbiness hidden in the corners of the room, this is something to be aware of. Also I woke up kind of sore after a night in the bed (but it could have been snowboarding that did that), and...there is no sound proofing, you can hear everything in the hall and you can hear noises in the bathroom but luckily our floor and hallway seemed pretty empty most of the time. On the whole, I definitely thought the hotel was luxurious though and will be returning for another romantic weekend!

• Liked — view and proximity to ski slopes
  • Disliked — no sound insulation between room and hallway
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
3 Thank NFA
Chicago ,IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2009

Very nice hotel.I will recommend it to everyone.Very nice rooms with a bathroom for me and my friend,very clean,the stuff very polite!Loved it!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ilianazehireva
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline

Been to Harrah's Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!