Having driven up from Southern California, we were more than ready to settle in when we finally arrived at Harrah's. After reading numerous TripAdvisor reviews, we had chosen Harrah's over Harvey's (where we had previously stayed) and I think it was a good choice. Plenty of available parking, both in open lots and the garage (or valet if you prefer). Diamond check-in was quick, and we were given a lovely room on the 14th floor overlooking Lake Tahoe (and the Heavenly ski lift out the other window). The room had a lovely bank of windows --- although I can never quite figure out why all of the seating areas never take advantage of the view!! We ended up turning the two-piece couch around so that we could view the lake while sipping our morning coffee.
The room has two bathrooms, which is a nice change for a hotel. One with a sink, toilet and shower, and the other with sink, toilet and tub/shower combo. Makes getting ready in the morning much easier!
There was a small refrigerator in the room, and also a "don't touch!!" mini-bar. The coffee maker in the room is one of the small ones that uses throw-away mini (individual) baskets and coffee pouches with two provided each morning, so you're good for 2 cups of coffee ... unless you like weak coffee and want to re-use one of the packets! A regular coffee pot would be much better, I think, although they claim this type is more sanitary. Hard to believe that, since they give you ceramic cups ... and the first one I picked up had lipstick on it!!
Overall, the room was spacious and comfortable, although I wouldn't give it 100% on the cleanliness or maintenance scale. Aside from the lipsticked coffee cup, a couple of light bulbs were burned out, and one of the toilets kept running after you flushed it, so we had to keep taking the tank lid off and untangling the chain. Nothing that was a deal-breaker, but not stellar, either.
We never ate there, so I can't comment on the restaurants (although the sports bar at Harvey's was fantastic!!). As a Diamond player, the check-in facility was great, the Diamond Lounge was one of the nicer ones that I've been to, and the turn-down service at night (chocolates on the pillows ... yum!) was quite nice.
The hotel is beginning to show some age, but is still a nice facility. The underground tunnel between Harrah's and Harvey's makes it convenient to pop back and forth between the two facilities.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Cancelon, Orbitz, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Harrah's Lake Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrah`s Lake Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Harrahs Lake Tahoe Stateline
- Harrahs Lake Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Harrahs Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Harrah's Lake Tahoe Lake Tahoe (Nevada)/Stateline, NV