“This was the grand dame of hotels in yesteryear today not so much.”

Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
Astoria oregon
“This was the grand dame of hotels in yesteryear today not so much.”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

In the days when a telephone in
the bathroom was a luxury and nobody had t v in their car and everybody had a transistor radio
this place would be up to date.
Gambling and Lake Tahoe at Stateline have seen better days.
The place is clean and pleasant, not to be confused with the one in Vegas and food is better here also.
It still emits a Lake Tahoe charm that is inviting and makes one want to return

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Journeyman644

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Do not be fooled by the photos. The room is a lot dirtier in person. Stained carpets, dirty comforter, etc. Smoke-filled lobby. Rude front desk. Forgot to clean our room. No free coffee. No free wifi. Ridiculous $20 resort fee.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Dan S
San Jose, California
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I left my car with the valet there just for having lunch at their food court. In hurry, I didn't remove my DSLR from the car and voila, it was missing. On reporting it to the authorities there, I am basically being told that it is my mistake to leave it there! More legalese that they are not responsible for items lost from the car when we use the valet service, it is on the ticket! Basically, the whole premises is on camera but they won't make an effort to check and nail their thieving attendants! More than the $1500 I lost, I had some really good memories that were captured on that camera and they are basically gone forever. Yes, my mistake, but please don't make one yourself! I am not sure about the integrity of rest of the staff too now!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Jignashu
Lincoln, California
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Get what you pay for but all we needed was a room for the celebrity pro am. Easy walk from the resort to Edgewood golf course. Place has gotten old and since now we go to the newer Indian casinos, it appeared to be even older looking and feeling. But it's Tahoe and we love Tahoe. Try to get room facing the lake.

Room Tip: lake view room is the best of course.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bradrocklin
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was wowed when I seen the room! It was way more then I expected beautiful room, the view is amazing! Loved our stay. Will stay again, and it's really good on price also.. It's close to everything you need.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank NevaRamsey
San Jose, California
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The people at Harrah's Lake Tahoe are the greatest. The People in the VIP office are the most helpful VIP staff I have ever seen. I would love to mention them all by name, but it would take to long. I gave them short notice, called Jaimie Anzelone for reservations, she came up with a suite for my wife and I for three days, plus a show to the Zombies (Who were fantastic). Usually you know your host. I never found out who my host was, but I didn't need to. All the VIP staff were so helpfull.
The food at the Forest buffet was great. The food at the American River Cafe was priced right, and Cora was a great server. When I come to Tahoe from now on I will always stay at Harrah's.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 701. Close to elevator, over looks the lake.
Green Features: They have a green program, even spaces for electric cars.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank leonard w
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Some aspects look a bit dated but overall very nice. Rooms are large and afford beautiful views on odd # floors. One of the female receptionists upon our arrival was very abrupt ,unfriendly and a bit angry when asked questions and would not give us our room we requested . We had to call a manager for that.Pool was not crowded and well appointed. Buffet on 18th floor worth it,especially liked the desserts!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank violet023
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#9 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe

Been to Harrah's Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!