Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Harveys Lake Tahoe(Stateline)(Great Value!)
$158
$79
$70
Lakeside Inn and Casino(Stateline)(Great Value!)
$73
The Lodge at Kingsbury Crossing(Stateline)(Great Value!)
$96
$99
  • Pool
The Ridge Tahoe(Stateline)(Great Value!)
$139
TripAdvisor
$425
Preferred Hotels
4,153 results
All reviewslake tahoefull bathroomsseparate bathroomsfriday's stationforest buffetfood courtdiamond loungeamerican river cafetop floortable gamesslot machinestotal rewardsgreat roomheavenly gondolacasino floorhotel and casinoheavenly village
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This property is one of my all time favorites. I make an annual visit to refresh my spirit, as it is one of the most beautiful places in North America, in my opinion! Every guest room at this property has a view of Lake Tahoe and the surrounding Sierra mountains. I always visit in winter because when it snows, it looks like a "winter wonderland". I especially love the fact that all rooms have two full bathrooms (his/hers), which is awesome. The rooms are extremely spacious and tastefully decorated. The staff is professional and always provide the best customer service! There is a heated indoor swimming pool, ski resort, gondola rides with breathtaking views, and great live entertainment, including a comedy club across the street at the sister property, Harvey's. My only suggestion is that they recruit more skilled gourmet chefs. A property with so much to offer should also offer the best meals in town! Otherwise, great fun atmosphere and the best customer service!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank RaeP617
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Ok there's been an aura of disappointment and complaining about this hotel in many past reviews. In my opinion much of this had to do with some folks going "cheap" and not being satisfied with the results. First, if you are going to stay here (and there are many reasons to) get an Executive room. They are large and well-maintained (with the 2 bathrooms which is the Harrah's trademark). They all come with a coffee maker (and excellent coffee) and complimentary bottled water daily. So those complaints are solved by upgrading your room selection.
Second, the complaints about poor and/or unfriendly service was simply not present during our recent 3 day stay. In fact just the opposite. Every staff person encountered, and I do mean every, took the initiative to greet us in a very friendly and pleasant manner. Our maid was very accommodating in supplying extra coffee and bathroom supplies as requested. The room was serviced in a timely and efficient manner daily.
The front desk was also friendly and efficient. I will state that this was an off-season time so things were not so rushed or crowded as when other travelers have visited. We ate one night at the topfloor buffet and it was certainly adequate for the $20 per person cost. Nothing of gourmet quality but nothing that was junk either. Standard American comfort foods in a large selection of choices--typical Nevada casino buffet stuff. Location is great for many reasons. One is the abundance of restaurants, shops and casinos all within easy walking distance. I was not charged the resort fee because "your booking was made prior to its imposition". I did pay $10.95 for 24 hour internet. That was included in the $20 resort fee for future reference. So finally has this hotel seen better days? Probably. Is it shabby? Definitely not. Is the casino smokey? Naturally. Are the rest of the public areas smokey? No. I paid $101 per day for my Executive room. Was that a bargain? More than a bargain, it was a steal.

Room Tip: Request an odd numbered room for better lake views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Burney A
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very good for the amount it cost for the room and the room was really big. The location was near the gondola but I didn't like casino in my hotel on a ski holiday but some people like this for a night out.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Harrahs Lake Tahoe for our 25th Anniversary. It was a GREAT time of year to visit. Snow was in the mountains but roads were clear. Our King room at Harrahs was really nice. Bed and linens were comfortable but the BEST amenity was the TWO bathrooms. His and Hers. One with a shower/sink/toilet and the other with a shower/tub combo, sink, vanity, and toilet. I had my space, he had his. Nice sized closet as well. I was a bit disappointed when we ASKED if we could have a room with a view since it was a special occassion and although we had booked several weeks in advance, they told us they could not swing that. Our room viewed the roof of the lower part of the hotel but we did manage a slight mountain view between buildings. Although we frequent other Harrahs properties, we must not be high enough rollers for any "special" treatment, such as a 25th Anniversary view. Otherwise our stay was very pleasant. We had a room at the end of the hallway and it was VERY QUIET. We never heard any other guests, only an occassional person going down the stairwell. We flew into San Jose, CA (cheaper than flying into Reno) and rented a car (which we would have done in Tahoe anyway) and drove the 2-3 hrs. Parking was plentiful and free. The hotel has several dining options but we enjoyed the RIVER CAFE as it was like being in a cave and they had a good variety of food and prices. We ate at the buffet once. It was a typical over-priced buffet but the view was awesome. Try tipping the hostess to get a seat by the window and you will not be sorry because the view of the lake can't be beat. I would stay at Harrahs Lake Tahoe again if I want a hotel/casino. However, there are so many other hotel options that I think we could do better. I was not crazy about the front desk staff. It seemed everytime I asked a question, they didn't know the answer. The Casino was OK, but it is probably one of the better casinos. There is an underground passage from Harrahs to Harveys so you don't have to walk outside. The Monte Bleu is next door within easy walking distance but were not impressed. We mostly gambled between Harveys and Harrahs. But gambling was only a small part. There are so many things to see and do around the lake, don't go to Lake Tahoe to gamble. Go for the view and outside activites. Stick to Reno or Las Vegas if you are a hard-core gambler.Concierge desk at Harrahs is great and they are very helpful. You can charge most dining and shopping to your room number (including Starbucks and some gift shops and dining places) and then pay for it when you check out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the end of hallway as ours was very quiet. We only shared one wall and never heard the other occupants. The KING room was great and had two bathrooms so this was a very pleasant suprise but I don't know if the queen rooms have that as well so ask specifically for that if it is important to you.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MeMeG
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed here one night in April, we got a great deal and paid only £56, what a bargain, the room was large, with TWO full bathrooms, seating area, large screen TV, coffee maker and toiletries, plus an amazing view from the window, we were well away from the lifts and had no problem with noise. We ate in the buffet restaurant and asked for a window seat, which the server very kindly helped with ( by removing a reserved sign), I could have sat there all night, the view was breathtaking, the food was good too!! Unfortunately the buffet didn't open for breakfast while we were there. Disappointed that they charged for wi-fi $10.95.The casino was clean and there were plenty of attentive cocktail waitresses.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple