“Words can not describe the views....”

Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Stateline
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 16, 2008

We just got back from Harra's Lake Tahoe. People, it is WONDERFUL! The buffet, and along with The Station on the 18th had the best food. Now for those of you who have gone to Harrah's in Vegas, this casino is not at all the size. Actually, it's smaller than I had expected it to be, but lots of fun and wonderful people. Please be aware that to get to Harrah's, there is a very steep mountain you must ride up. Remember, you are going 10,000 feet up. It's a thrill ride is all I can say. It takes 1 hour and 20 minutes to get to Harrah's. Most of that time in going up the side of that mountain.

Spa Reflections is a MUST! Save your money and be ready to be pampered from head to toe. I had the Stone Therapy Massage, and my daughter had the aromatherapy massage. Both were awesome. If you have never tried the stone massage, you must try it once!

The rooms were great. You have 2 bathrooms in each room. Awesome! Now if you are interested in watching TV at all, you might want to find something else to do. The channel selection is very limited. Oh heck, why watch TV when there are slot machines just downstairs!

The Gondola to the ski resort and peak of the mountain is only a short walk from Herrah's. They open the ride up at 9 so be there early and be ready for the most beautiful ride of your life.

In all, the place was great and we will go back again. I think I'll make sure it's snowing when I go again though! It snowed the day we were leaving.

Have fun if you're going and please post your experiences when you get back.

Ann
Birmingham Alabama (yep, we were a LONG way from home!)

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank Danzon
There are newer reviews for Harrah's Lake Tahoe

Reviewed March 1, 2008

LOTS of wind noise kept my husband awake. Perhaps it was a faulty window seal, but I don't know if that is common in other rooms.
Stayed in "LUXURY" room. Does NOT look as big and new-looking as photo on Harrah's website.
Got the "deal" at $99. Would not say it is worth more than that.
Two bathrooms was a convenience: one had a bathtub/shower and the other had a shower-only.
Bed linens were clean which is my biggest thing. Husband did not find bed comfortable.
Breakfast buffet on 18th floor is $15.99. This is my third time at the buffet- definitely worth the splurge if you're hungry. Horizon Casino has lower buffet prices, but no view.
Color of hotel is a dark, ugly green- what were they thinking?
I preferred my stay at The Ridge Tahoe five years ago, but that place is more remote and not as convenient to the casinos.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank integrity8
Reviewed February 12, 2008

We arrived at Harrah’s Tahoe Sunday Feb 10 2007 at 2:15PM to begin our five night stay. Our room was not quite ready, but within 45 minutes we were checked into room1431 an Executive room on the California side with a great view of Lake Tahoe. Over the past two decades we have stayed at this hotel numerous times.

The newly renovated Executive room’s floors 12 – 15 are very nice. All have great views, updated color schemes, two bathrooms, marble entries and a refreshment center with a stocked mini bar and a separate unstocked refrigerator for your snacks.

The service was excellent. Housekeeping provided extra towels, nightly turndown service and kept the room spotless.

Room Service was prompt. I skied each day at nearby Heavenly Mountain and my breakfast order was always on time as promised.

We had dinner at the Sage Room located at Harvey’s resort located next door (also owned by Harrah’s) and the tableside prepared Steak Diane was excellent. I have stayed at Harvey’s several times as well and rooms in the new tower at Harvey’s rival Harrah’s in every way.

My only complaint was the room temperature. When we arrived the room was literally 80 degrees. We promptly open the window – it was 40 degrees outside – and turned on the AC to max. By 9PM the room temperature cooled to 75 degrees and never fell below that all night. I contacted housekeeping to ask that the AC system be checked out. An engineer showed up and proclaimed the system to be functioning. We have now stayed three of our five nights and still the room never falls below 75 degrees. This despite two calls the engineering and two proclamations that the system is working properly.

Harrah’s Tahoe is a great hotel but I would be cautious about reserving a room next year for my annual trip to Tahoe. I find it difficult to sleep in a hot room and a vacation even to a gambling environment is an opportunity for me to relax and catch up on some much needed rest and relaxation. I did not ask for a different room or an upgrade for my inconvenience or a discount on my stay, I just wanted the situation fixed. It was not despite my repeated attempts.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank DavidHIssaquah_WA
Reviewed February 5, 2008

My husband skis, I don't. We wanted a hotel that had a casino/spa and was conveniently located. This was the perfect choice! Close to the gondola for my husband to ski; close to shops, day spas, cafes, casinos for me while he was skiing.

We were pleasantly surprised by the room. Recently redecorated, spacious, plus had two bathrooms!

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mojitogirlChicago
Reviewed January 2, 2008

I am from New York, and was visiting my dad in Nevada. We were traveling all around with my sister from Florida; Dad picked us both up at Oakland Airport. He was showing us around the various sites, and we stayed in different hotels every night, wherever we ended up, (stayed the other four nights of my stay in... Sonoma, Carson City, San Franciso, and Oakland... ) As a player occassionally in Atlantic City, I called ahead to Harrah's as we drove near Tahoe. I have never stayed here before. Check in was a breeze; treated wonderfully; the room was to DIE for... decorated in beautiful earth-tones; with two VERY comfortable big beds, my sister and I shared one, and dad had the other. There was a couch, gorgeous window view; two great bathrooms with telephones!. The casino was fantastic! NEVER in Atlantic City would you have inexpensive gaming (nighttime $5 tables, with consant waitress attention and bottled beer served even at low priced games; in AC you would practically have to flag down a waitress for a dixie cup of beer.) They also had the GREAT new roulette game that I've seen only in Vegas; where they have a dealer dropping the ball; but you sit at your own seat with a screen and you touch your bets; for example, if you want to bet between two numbers, you just touch between the two numbers; if you win, it is automatically credited to your account... I could have stayed for days, very sad to leave. Wish we had gotten there earlier in the night to be able to see pool. Did not get to do that.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
5  Thank sunup
Reviewed January 2, 2008

We stayed at Harrah's just before Christmas for two nights. We checked
in at 5:30 PM and our room was not ready. We waited only 30 minutes, checked back and our room was ready. We were very surprised on the room size and the two bathrooms our room had. Yes, two full bathrooms
in a regular room. The casino was alittle smokey but I guess that's expected. All of the hotel employees were nice and service was great (i.e.- valet, bellman, casino staff, front desk). We ate breakfast in the buffet that overlooks the lake and mountains. Very clean, service was great and the food was great for a buffet.

We are looking foward to planning a future stay at Harrah's.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank SoCal-SJT
Reviewed December 18, 2007

For all you ski bums, this is in the perfect location, about 3 blocks from Heavenly lifts and village. I really enjoyed walking around the village area with all the cute shops and little restaurants. Very cool, especially around Christmas time!

As far as the hotel goes, it's OK. The best part was the room, I was on the 18th floor in a refurbished room and it was HUGE and had two bathrooms with plenty of vanity and closet space. The room also had a minibar, fridge, large TV, and living area with wraparound couch.

The checkin and checkout was very efficient and friendly. The casino was just EHH...OK. I'm not a gambler, and this by no means was the glitz of Vegas....looked more like a typical indian casino. The food I had wasn't the best, but thank god there is a Starbucks in the lobby. Also, if you need anything in the gift shop prepare to break your bank--a small box of tampons (sorry) was like $6 and a pack of cigarettes was $7.30 (more than the San Francisco airport--just CRAZY)! Oh well, it didn't deter me from smoking. lol

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
5  Thank misseattle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Montbleu Resort Casino & Spa
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#8 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
Lakeside Inn and Casino
Lakeside Inn and Casino
#2 of 9 in Stateline
Marriott's Timber Lodge
Marriott's Timber Lodge
#10 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe

Been to Harrah's Lake Tahoe? Share your experiences!