This was our third stay at Harrah's Tahoe. We took advantage of a two-night package for a Sunday and Monday night stay which averaged out to $122 per night with taxes. We had a room with a king bed reserved and when we checked in at 4:15PM the best room they could offer us was Room 505 which had a great view of the casino roof and stereo sounds from the elevator shafts behind the wall. Upon walking into the room and hearing the elevators, I called the front desk and requested another room. My only option was a room with two queen beds on the 10th floor. For another $40 per night I could get an upgraded room on a higher floor with a king bed. So, we stayed on the 10th floor.
This is the first time we have stayed at a hotel where you had to buy the coffee packets for the in-room coffee maker. The package of four packets costs $6.00 which would make four cups of coffee. They are kept in the snack and beverage cabinet.
Finding a place to eat at Harrah's and Harvey's can be a challenge at times. The only buffet is on the 18th floor and is only open for dinner with brunch available on Saturday and Sunday. Friday's Steak House on the 18th floor is for people who were really lucky at the casino tables and have money to burn. The American River Cafe on the bottom floor is great for breakfast but their dinner selections leave a lot to be desired. Their sister hotel, Harvey's, took out their cafe and replaced it with a Straw Hat pizza restaurant.
One big gripe I now have with all casinos is the lack of entertainment. Finding a casino with lounge entertainment is almost non-existant. In the good ole days, we would spend time gambling after dinner and then after a few hours relax with a drink and be entertained by live performers in the lounge. After leaving the lounge it was back to the casino for a few more hours of gambling before going to bed. Today, we still spend a few hours gambling after dinner and then go to bed early because there is nothing else to do.
Having vented my frustrations, we will most likely return to Harrah's again, mostly because they have the best rooms in all of Lake Tahoe.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Harrah's Lake Tahoe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrah`s Lake Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Harrahs Lake Tahoe Stateline
- Harrahs Lake Tahoe Hotel Stateline
- Harrahs Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Harrah's Lake Tahoe Lake Tahoe (Nevada)/Stateline, NV