“Spacious accomodations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Stateline
Los Angeles, Ca
“Spacious accomodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

My family and I just returned from a six night stay at the Ridge Pointe. We stayed in a one bedroom/ one bath unit. The units have a very large kitchen, and very spacious living room complete with fireplace and 6 place dinning table. The bedroom is also large with a king size bed and a rather large in room multiple-jet hot tub.
Their are nice stainless steel BBQs on-site as well as a common area with a small workout room, pool table and large flat screen TV. The "Pointe" is part of "The Ridge" which boasts a large club facility complete with indoor racquetball, indoor basketball and tennis, a large workout facility, indoor/outdoor pool and spa, billiards room, arcade, ping pong and even a complementary movie theatre. We used these facilities numerous times during our stay by utilizing the facilities free shuttle. We found the shuttle to arrive within 5 minutes of our call requesting it.
The Pointe one bed units have a balcony that over looks the Heavenly Valley Ski Resort (Stagecoach lift). There is complementary shuttle service to both the Heavenly Stagecoach and Heavenly Boulder lodges. It was great to be staying directly adjacent to the lifts.
Free shuttle service is also provided into the casino area of South Lake Tahoe. We found the service to be very reliable and valuable as well. The facility provides free underground parking and honestly there really isn't a need to use your vehicle once you arrive if you plan on staying in the local South Lake Tahoe area.
We found the furnishings to be a bit dated, but still in good condition, in fact it appeared that in unit washer/dryer was a relatively new model. It was great to have the washer/dryer in the unit, we used it multiple times.
My family throughly enjoyed our stay at the Ridge Pointe, we found the room to be great, the facilities to be wonderful and the location terrific and a really great value. The only drawback we could find was the slightly outdated decor, but that was very easy to overlook.

• Stayed January 2011
8 Thank storels

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

Desk was grumpy housekeeping was good security was helpful food was good pool was crowded 15min to zefer 10 min to town nice rooms I paid 100 dollars night expedia great view of valley no view of lake.

• Stayed January 2011
3 Thank mkennard0107
San Jose, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

The Ridge Pointe Tahoe is located near the main resort, The Ridge Tahoe , but too far to walk. You must either drive there or wait for one of their shuttles. The Pointe does have a BBQ area, a small workout room, a rec. room with a TV and a hot tub. But all the "cool" stuff is at the main resort. While this is a good location in the winter, it is not for the summer when you want to be closer to Lake Tahoe.
First let me say that this was an exchange. I reserved 2 junior suites and let them know 4 weeks in advance that I would have 4 young children along and could they PLEASE give me 2 units at least on the same floor. That didn't happen. A lot of time was spent in the slow elevator getting to each other's rooms. Those of you with children will know what I mean.
About the junior suite rooms:
Don't let the picture of the jr. suites fool you. They did not look like this at The Pointe.
The Pointe was not designed well. There is no air conditioning. It gets stuffy and quite warm at night and you either use the fans or open the windows which are at hip level, opening to the hallway, not safe and not private. If we had the TV on to a volume so that we could hear it, so could the room next door. The people next door were evidently late night gamblers and wanted to sleep in past 9 am and complained about the kids talking and the TV that they could hear through the walls. The kitchenette was well stocked and efficient.
Service:
Upon arriving there was only one set of towels. I had to call for more.
The TV reception in one of the rooms was unacceptable, all snowy. I called and someone came down and said there was nothing they could do about it.
We ran out of toilet paper and asked to have some put into the room while we would be out for the day and that did not happen.
I would not stay here again, at least not at the Pointe, and certainly not in the summer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank rgmjournal

Travelers are raving about these Stateline hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

There are no amenities. The studio room makes even the most meager motel look acceptable. Bring your own ice because there are no icemakers to be found. Located too far away from anything to be worth staying at. TV from the 90's. Small and cramped for more than one. Don't waste your time with this dump. You'd be better off going to a motel 6.

• Stayed July 2010
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
El Sobrante, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2010

We took the boys to Tahoe to go sledding (one of many sledding trips this year with our 2 and 5 year olds) and have stayed in different condo-style places each time. The rooms at the ridge were nicely decorated and the sleep number bed was much appreciated after a rough sledding excursion. I give this place a poor review because of the lack of customer service we received. We checked out of our room at 10am and drove home to the San Francisco area. After unpacking, we discovered that our 5 yr old's personal game system was left at the condo and quickly called to see if anyone had turned it into the lost and found. I thought we'd have a good chance of retrieving the game system since I called before 4pm (check-in is not until 4pm so the room would have no occupants yet) and there should have been only one cleaning person with room access after we left, which I thought management could track down. I was told someone would return my call. I called again later in the evening and was told someone else would return my call. No one EVER called me back and after 2 days, I gave up. I can't help but feel that my son was robbed. My warning to anyone who plans to stay at this place - do a complete sweep of your room before you leave because anything left behind will not be returned -much less acknowledged.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Maiski
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2008

I agree with what Preslb said... because he is my husband and we were on the same trip :)

BUT the first room we had was more than musty. It smelled horrible. The people in the next room burnt something in their kitchen. At first we thought it was bacon, but it was so strong and never went away. They must have set something on fire!

When we told the resort, they moved us quickly and checked into the fire scare and everything was okay, but I will never forget that smell!

So I guess I am saying that the walls are thin and if your neighbor makes a smell, you may be stuck with it.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nacogdoches, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2008

I stayed at this resort in March 08 as an exchange deal with a time share. Overall it is a good place if you are planning on skiing Heavenly but there is not much else to do near the resort.

The Good:
It is just a short ride down a hill on the bus and you’re at the lifts. Just takes like 2 min.
Great views looking down into the Nevada Valley. Be sure to check out the top floor hot tubs.
The resort store is well stocked with everything you need.

The Bad.
It is a good 10-15 min drive to the Casino Area.
Not much to do after skiing. The resort bar closes early and the restaurant is only open a few days a week.
The resort is old and could use some updates. Our first room as so musty week had to switch. Also the mini frig was out in both rooms.

I love the Lake Tahoe area and will be back but must likely not to this resort.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank preslb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stateline
Harrah's Lake Tahoe
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
Beach Retreat & Lodge at Tahoe
#15 of 72 in South Lake Tahoe
4.0 of 5 stars 596 reviews
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#8 of 72 in South Lake Tahoe
4.5 of 5 stars 773 reviews
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lake Tahoe

Been to Ridge Pointe Tahoe? Share your experiences!