“Great place for drinks”

Ranked #24 of 59 Restaurants in Stateline
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We just had drinks and an appetizer. Prices were reasonable, food was good, and the scenery outstanding. Prices on the menu seemed to be similar to other "better" restaurants in the area. We would definitely return and this time, eat dinner.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

We went to 19 Kitchen for xmas dinner.

The restaurant did not open till 6pm and we were an hour early. We had cocktails in the adjoining bar which does have spectacular lake views. The cocktails were amazing but pricey, however it was xmas day and you can live a little.

The service was ok, average really, but the meal was fantastic. My partner had the steak and though it was excellent. I had a chicken dish which was excellent too. The restaurant was busy and I would visit again the next time I am in Tahoe.

Price wise it was what I would expect to pay for the setting and the quiality of the meal.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

I had heard great recommendations about Table 19 for dinner so we went up about 4:15 for a drink in the bar , a nice view and dinner . They didn't open until 4:30 not a problem I knew it was early but our stomachs were still on Midwest time zone. The glass doors were closed but I waved at the bartender and waitress on the other side no reaction.

We walked over to the other side and enjoyed the view out the window. Another couple arrived about 4:30. I walked over and mentioned that we had been waiting for about 15 minutes and the manager overheard and opened the doors. We got a big frowns from the staff. We proceeded to look at the wine menu and I snapped some photos the waitress walked over and waited on the other couple. About 10 minutes later they walked over and said well are you just taking pictures or do you want something to drink. That was the last straw we left.

2  Thank SIWST852
Reviewed September 12, 2011

My girlfriend and I wanted a nice view of the lake so that's one of the reason we picked this restaurant. The views are awesome. They have a nice bar with great cocktails (about $12 a piece so not cheap), and the food was not bad, though not super good. My dish was ok, I'm vegan so all I got were the vegetables which were listed under the "sides", but they were super good. My friend got the scallop risotto, which was ok, not super. The company was good, the drinks were flowing, so all in all, not a bad place.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

We decided on 19 Kitchen for a Sunday night dinner, having seen the posters and ads throughout the casino. Since we were staying thru until Monday, it was a great chance to sample it without being rushed, and have a leisurely Sunday night dinner.
We got to the front door, and walked in, only to be told by a waitstaff who just walked thru the same door that we must enter "over there, thru the bar." OK, as if I was supposed to know that. in the bar, we were told, go on thru to the dining room, but the bar area was congested, and we needed to ask people to actually clear the way top walk thru. In the dining room, we were told then to "sit anywhere you'd like, its open seating." Making a beeline for the great table in the corner, I saw a "Reserved" sign on the table. So much for the openness of the seating. We found an OK table in the middle of the stretch of table that overlooked the California side of Lake Tahoe and Route 50. And then...waited....and waited. Soon, a person came by and said, someone will be with you in a moment....and then we heard this again. The third time we heard this, I replied "thats the 3rd time I've heard that", and the waitperson came back and at least got us some water and bread. Three tables that seated after us were all serviced before we were. This room clearly needs a room Captain or Head Waiter, or at least someone seating people in order to track their time in and seated section, etc. No one appears in charge of that.
Service that we did get was hectic, rushed and choppy. The food was better than average; my chili was very good, spouses chicken was tasty. The appetiser sized portions were quite ample. Salads were interesting and well-made and presented.
I feel teh room layout works against this type of restaurant- its bar food served in a formerly-elegant rooftop setting. This space deserves a much more formal restaurant. Stunning views are had here, with very poor customer treatment.
I'll be looking elsewhere for a meal with a view in Lake Tahoe.

2  Thank DaveC95818