“PASS!”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kahle Drive
Transit: The local bus service stops right at our property many times throughout the day.
Walnut Creek, California
“PASS!”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

One PRO - the ambiance of the restaurant was warm and cozy. A very 'lodge like' feeling!

The CON - (1) The food! BAD, BAD, BAD. We had the special, Steak and Lobster ($14.99 special). The steak was overcooked in spite of asking for medium rare twice. The Lobster was rubbery. The garden salad was wilted. I understand that you get what you pay for, in this case, we go what we paid for.

We stopped by because it was recommended to us by an acquaintance at the Casino. What a mistake! I would recommend that you pass this restaurant! Your palate and your wallet will certainly thank you!

Visited December 2013

Monterey, California
“Don't believe what they say”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Yesterday, my wife and I researched places for Thanksgiving dinner. Found The Timbers (on their website) offered a Thanksgiving dinner and made reservations 24-hours in advance. We were seated immediately after arriving on Thanksgiving Day, only to be told the is NO Thanksgiving Dinner being offered. When I showed the waitress the website, she looked confused and mumbled somebody else does the website. My wife and I immediately got up and left.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank doctorbobf
Chicago, Illinois
“Great little hotel restaurant”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Many local dishes with friendly servers and will not hurt your wallet. Relaxing atmosphere and huge portions.

• Visited November 2013
Fremont
“Not impressed for the price...”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Four of us went and had dinner. We all ordered steak. It took a very long time for everything, taking our orders, soups and our main course. The french onion soup was very good (not salty like other restaurants), bread was very good, steak was good but vegetables were overcooked and bordering on burnt, baked potatoes were not tasty at all.

For the money, it was very disappointing. Outdated decor and cold in the restaurant. Not something I would recommend. We went on a Monday night and it was not crowded, so we were surprised it took so long for everything. We ended up being there two hours.

• Visited November 2013
San Diego, California
“A Must Stop For Dining In SLT”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My wife and I ate at the Timbers twice during our recent visit to SLT and both times the meal was excellent and the staff friendly. For sure go for the steak and lobster special. At $14.95 it can't be beat but also try another item on their menu. I had the tri-tip one night which was also excellent. I would definately go there again.

• Visited October 2013